Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Undeserved win for Novara!!! Bad decisions by Dijkema in the end cost them the win :hit:It's a pity of the last over pass of Daalderop, she played great today and kept Firenze in the game!:rose:

• Sansonna is crying, hope she will be ok soon :rose:

• I want to say Sara Alberti really impressed me not just today but a few times this season. If the NT needs a slider then they could do worse than her... :whistle:

Dijkema should have given her (and Popovic) more balls today.

• Congrats to Firenze, they played with great spirit and they really believed it. Novara has proved to be a great team, coming from several hard matches with the necessary wins, both in CL and in the play-offs. Now they habe to regain their form and play better.

From Veljkovic's words, Sansonna's injury isn't too serious. Anyway, I often criticised Sansonna for her shaky reception, but when Zannoni came in Novara's reception started to sink. They really need Stefania back.

• PLAYOFF

Quarterfinals (Match 3)

MONZA - BUSTO ARSIZIO 3-0

Orthmann 19, Ortolani 15, Buijs 10 / Meijners 18, Herbots 10, Grobelna 4

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=743343

NOVARA - FIRENZE 3-2

Egonu 33, Veljkovic 12, Bartsch 10 / Daalderop 23, Sorokaite 16, Lippmann 15

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=743344

• Egonu 35/77 V Vakif, 23/53 V Firenze and 25/60 today. All within like 5 days :obey:

Poor girl must be exhausted. And it's not like Eczacibasi where Boskovic could manage to skip a few games against the weaker teams too. I hope nothing bad happens to her body with the NT season coming up.

• "Out of this world" is just a standard expression. Lots of players have been called like that. There's nothing bad about it.

HUGE congrats to Firenze! I didn't think they had it in them. They looked down and out and yet they still kept believing and fighting and almost caused a big upset. They're such a likeable team, too. IMO Dijkema's had a rather blah season, with a slightly better setter they could have achieved even greater things. That said, it really hasn't been a season for the setters in Serie A. Apart from Wolosz, no one's really stood out.

Novara survives again, but this will be the end of the road for them if they keep it like this. Egonu must be running on fumes at this point (if she's indeed not an alien!) and even if she was fully fresh, they need more than just her and Veljković contributing on the court when they take on Scandicci, that's finally looking like a real team. Of course, now that I said it, watch it become yet another Egonu vs Haak battle. :rolleyes:

• I don't like Dijkema at all, she is the weakest link in The Netherlands and also Firenze imo. I hope one of the back-up Dutch setters can step up some time. Don't get me wrong, there are for sure times that she delivers and is reliable but I have never really been wow'ed by her.

• I think Dijkema has done a nice job....Look at the roster she has...besides Sorokaite and (Malesevic) they are all young and upcoming players. This is a very young team without a lot of experience None of them are world class players or even close to that..... If Firenze had any other setter that is playing Serie A besides Woloz they certainly would not even reach the playoffs in my opinion. And not because this roster is not capable, but the setters in Italy are terrible this season.