2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Thailand beat Korea in 2017 Asian Championship, 2018 Asian games, WCH, and 2019 VNL. I don’t why some people still think Korea is much better than Thailand. For me, it’s 50/50 for both countries in Asian OQ.

Unless China doesn’t pass through the first round, then it’s 0 chance for both countries :p

Why even go to Olympics if they can't pass through the first round? 😂

• Korean NT's roster has been announced.

Wing Spiker : KIM Yeonkoung, LEE Jaeyeong, LEE Soyoung, PYO Seungju

Opposite Spiker : KIM Heejin, HA Hyejin

Middle Blocker : YANG Hyojin, JEONG Daeyoung, KIM Suji, LEE Juah

Setter : LEE Dayeong, AN Hyejin

Libero : KIM Haeran, OH Jiyoung

And according to the Korean Volleyball Association, Korean NT will move to Belgrade, Serbia, for training from July 24-30. Also it will play a friendly with Serbian NT in Belgrade because of the same time slot between Kaliningrad and Belgrade.

• do you know of brazzil'rooster for the olympic games???

It is still to early. But be sure there would be at least one player who has been just out from an injury and a long recovery/ just gave birth/ 4th MB.

• FIVB is offering a package of this tournament, The World Cup, and the Club World Championships for U$17.95. Seems like a great deal, so I let you all know, even though there is an icky quality to it.

I gotta say I was very happy with paying U$20.00 for VNL, in the sense that the quality was good and the replays showed up fast. And it really is a LOT better than watching the VHS dub quality of betting sites. And having the worry of "will I or won't I even be able to see this or that match" eliminated is good for my blood pressure.

• FIVB is offering a package of this tournament, The World Cup, and the Club World Championships for U$17.95. Seems like a great deal, so I let you all know, even though there is an icky quality to it.

I gotta say I was very happy with paying U$20.00 for VNL, in the sense that the quality was good and the replays showed up fast. And it really is a LOT better than watching the VHS dub quality of betting sites. And having the worry of "will I or won't I even be able to see this or that match" eliminated is good for my blood pressure.

I do enjoy my FIVB World TV package, there are still coverage for IOQT and World Cup left from the VNL package offering in June :-)

as you said, good quality, certainty and accessibility... worth the bucks.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Like I said in the Serbia NT thread, both Korean setters are out at the moment, one with illness and the other with injury. What's the deadline for submitting the official roster for the tournament to the FIVB? If it's passed, will Korea be allowed to bring in a replacement in case they're not able to recover in time? There's less than a week left.

but is that available in the US?????

• Like I said in the Serbia NT thread, both Korean setters are out at the moment, one with illness and the other with injury. What's the deadline for submitting the official roster for the tournament to the FIVB? If it's passed, will Korea be allowed to bring in a replacement in case they're not able to recover in time? There's less than a week left.

I've read on Volleyball.it that there's time until 31 July for the definitive list of 14 players, so Korea should have still some days to call other players from the original list of 25 players

• but is that available in the US?????

No. You have to use a VPN. But it's simple

• Kiraly announces the USA 14-roster for WOQT

Setter (2): Carlini, Poulter

Opposite (2): Drews, Thompson

Outside-hitter (4): Larson, Bartsch-Hackley, Hill, Robinson

Middle-blocker (4): Dixon, Ogbogu, Washington, Rettke

Libero (2): Courtney, Lake

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• No surprises in Dutch roster for Catania:

S: Dijkema, Bongaerts

Opp: Sloetjes, Plak

OH: Buijs, Balkestein-Grothues, Daalderop, Jasper

MB: De Kruijf, Beliën, Lohuis, Koolhaas

L: Schoot, Knip

Dutch team needs a miracle to beat Italy, in my opinion. Italy has currently the potentially deepest/best roster worldwide (maybe together with China). Even winning only one set against them will be already really hard, also because of the home-advantage of Italy.

But, Dutch team has a good chance to qualify for OG in January-tournament :) I'm quite confident they will !

• I agree it's going to be hard to beat Italy, but I wouldn't call it a miracle. They proved themself over the years and are able to beat a top team.

• I don’t think it would be a miracle if Dutch girls beat Italian girls. They are pretty strong and they showed us their quality every year. They haven’t played full squad and when main players started to come back, they were of course out of shape so If they are in good form now, I say why not.

Yes, Italian team really is strong but Dutch Team as well.

• But, Dutch team has a good chance to qualify for OG in January-tournament :) I'm quite confident they will !

They have a good chance but I would certainly not be all that confident. They will all have to return from their clubs to play this tournament, which means they won`t be at their best as a team. On the other hand the Turkish team will be mostly playing together in Vakifbank with Guidetti......I would certainly give Turkey the edge here....of course I`m just assuming China will qualify next week, but if Turkey pulls the upset then for sure Netherlands will be the favorite ( or not if Poland or Korea pulls a upset as well).