2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Poland already host OQ this year, they shouldn't host European qualification too. I would prefer Netherlands to host.

Ps; Turkey hasn't host major FIVB tournament yet. China/Japan host everything, Netherlands will host WCH'22. Not so much complain about this decision.

European qualification belongs to CEV, not FIVB. Turkey is going to host the ECH finals this year. Of course people can complain.

The hosting spot is only about money. It has nothing to do with what tournament they have hosted or they are going to host.

• The hosting spot is only about money. It has nothing to do with what tournament they have hosted or they are going to host.

Yes, I know. It how Fivb/Cev works. I was trying to talk about the decision is a bit fair or not. As I mentioned, I would prefer Netherlands. But it would be more weird Poland to host another olympic qualification 6 months later.

• Yes, I know. It how Fivb/Cev works. I was trying to talk about the decision is a bit fair or not. As I mentioned, I would prefer Netherlands. But it would be more weird Poland to host another olympic qualification 6 months later.

Poland won't spend so much money on women's volleyball. They won't even have the intention.

I don't know what the Netherlands thinks about the European qualification. The host definitely has some advantages. But it's not cheap.

• Poland won't spend so much money on women's volleyball. They won't even have the intention.

The president of polish volleyball association said that they want to help our girls as much as they can and they want to make qualification tournament in Poland, it was said on TV after the match against Serbia so they have the intention ;)

• I recommend you have a look at the symbol of the Olympic games :olympia:

Well, then we need to have one slot for Oceania as well :lol: It would be a great qualification tournament between Australia vs New Zealand :super:

• Well, then we need to have one slot for Oceania as well :lol: It would be a great qualification tournament between Australia vs New Zealand :super:

Indeed lol and I think all continents should be represented but also the best teams must be in the Olympics. But we should definitely limit some continents' spots and its even already being done by letting Australia enter Asian qualifications so...:whistle:

I'm not super against this current system btw or anything but yes if I see 2-3 low-level teams from continents that are already represented I'd wish there'd be a Netherlands (an example) instead

Just remember Netherlands has a very possible chance of not making it to Olympics at all now, but last time when they were there they were a semi-finalist! That's the fate of a lot of these teams.

• U know what`s funny.....Track and field are dominated by Jamaica, USA and African teams in the Olympics.....A same country can win Gold, Silver and Bronze in the same race. So where`s the Olympic spirit here??? How about the spot for the countries that is not good as them in track and field???

But in Volleyball we must have a spot for the countries that are not good.

like in Beach Volleyball....Brazil has 4 women`s team among the TOP 10, but only 2 of them will make it.....They could win Gold, Silver and Bronze just like in track and field....but they can`t because in beach volleyball it is all about the Olympic Spirit.

• U know what`s funny.....Track and field are dominated by Jamaica, USA and African teams in the Olympics.....A same country can win Gold, Silver and Bronze in the same race. So where`s the Olympic spirit here??? How about the spot for the countries that is not good as them in track and field???

But in Volleyball we must have a spot for the countries that are not good.

like in Beach Volleyball....Brazil has 4 women`s team among the TOP 10, but only 2 of them will make it.....They could win Gold, Silver and Bronze just like in track and field....but they can`t because in beach volleyball it is all about the Olympic Spirit.

Of course this comment is from pope. th?id=OGC.bab6c18b24915f016b4238736fe1004c&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fimages.gr-assets.com%2fhostedimages%2f1510757033ra%2f24450861.gif&ehk=o%2f01m%2ff3Lt0Fw6EG%2fMm7zA

First of all, those are not team sports. Secondly, there're athletes from ALL continents participating track and field, maybe you only watch finals:roll:, get your facts together!

• Azerbaycan is another candidate to host the European Olympic qualification...

They only need 6 more points than Croatia and 2 more than Belarus in ECh19 to become the 8th team in the tournament...

I hear their president is crazy about volleyball,

and signing of Caprara shows they're quite serious about the Olympics...

Theoretically they can outbid anyone, since they have truckloads of oil-money to burn...

• Ahhhh How much I love fake moral.

At Olympics THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORD should be their. Simple as that.

A I think Antarctica should have their spot as well, who cares about level of the game...

Diversity:heart:

• Of course this comment is from pope. th?id=OGC.bab6c18b24915f016b4238736fe1004c&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fimages.gr-assets.com%2fhostedimages%2f1510757033ra%2f24450861.gif&ehk=o%2f01m%2ff3Lt0Fw6EG%2fMm7zA

First of all, those are not team sports. Secondly, there're athletes from ALL continents participating track and field, maybe you only watch finals:roll:, get your facts together!

I hate being at the same side with pope but seriously what's the difference of team sports than individual one in this context? Can you explain why team sports should be diverse while track and field not?

• I think I come down on the side of one team from each continent is sufficient for "representation", and that it would probably be better for Euros more fair if the Continental qualies happened before the International ones (I think I've followed that argument correctly?). But the bottom line is: If you win matches you can go ... like Toray Arrows did last season to reach the Finals after entering the Final 8 with zero gift points in the hilariously lopsided East/West conference divide ... complaining that your road is rougher is complaining. Toray focused on winning, not complaining. Not everybody gets to go. If you want to go to the OG you have to win matches in the world you live in. If you win, you go. If you lose, you complain--even on behalf of your brothers and sisters.

I know, I know ... Liechtenstein is way better than French Guiana, and all that, but it is what it is. The whole International Volleyball thing is disorganized and corrupt. The only way to beat it is to win matches.

• Oceania countries are part of the AVC, so we got a spot back, unlike the 0.5 with FIFA.

And what about Antarticta ??

• It is not a sovereign country, and has no permanent population, hence a 0 spot.

So not real diversity, to bad.

Now Olympics are not the same :gone: