2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Turkey, Dominican Republic, Poland and Korea in one pool, I can’t wait :D everyone can beat everyone

Who cares about them? Thailand is the only team worth watching in pool B <3

• Not really easy for Germany. I would they played in Arnheim. ;(

The first hard trial for Vital Heynen: aim for third place in pool, try to defeat a second place pool team in the round of the last 16 and if they should succeed, try a wonder in the quarters...

• Does anyone know how the pool E and F determined?

4 teams from group A, B, C, D advance to second round. Teams from group A and D will create group E, B and C will be in group F. Results from 1st round counts. 4 best teams from E and F advance to 1/4 final.

The draw for NED and ITA was very good. Then in group D there is BRA, CHN, JPN but still it is 5 teams to fight for 4 spots in QF... After all of the resignations in BEL I can't imagine that they will be in the running for QF.

same as it has always been, carry the wins and losses and points, set scores and points scored from your opponents from the teams in the first round who advanced to the second round.

so 3 matches in total and then add the 4 matches from the second round to the results.

best you can be is 7-0 at the end of the second round.

still wins are first tiebreaker, points, sets ratio, points ratio and then head-to-head

• They should stop with this "carrying victories from round 1". Most teams will never a change to advance because of this rule.

• They should stop with this "carrying victories from round 1". Most teams will never a change to advance because of this rule.

I disagree, otherwise group matches become useless. They play 5 games in first group. 4 out of 6 teams are advancing to next level. If this rule doesn't exist, there won't be any incentive for teams to play their best game in every match. WCh is a long tournament, it requires consistency and roster depth.

Each leg of quarterfinals are well balanced. I don't think any of top teams would suffer due to this rule.

Most likely it will be: USA-SRB-BRA-CHN-ITA-NED-TUR-DOM/POL

Of course there might be surprises but it won't be like some top teams won't make it to quarter finals due to this rule

• I didn't say top teams will suffer to advance. I said most teams will never have a chance. A team with only 1 or 2 victories advancing to round 2 will probably have zero chances to advance to the quarterfinals with this rule. So what's the point of even going further on the competition? That's what I was talking about.

• So what's the point of even going further on the competition?

They have chance to play on the biggest stage 4 more matches against top teams, maybe make some surprise, gain experience, gain some points for Ranking List, make better position for further competitions,.....,in general a lot development tools if they have any ambitions. Even if this reasons isn't enough convincing, i don't see that as a reason to erase results for the entire first round. Maybe it should be best 3 of each group (first round), but i like this system that requires consistency and i would keep it (ofc some changes wouldn't be bad).

• Although I do get your point, we will have to agree to disagree.

• I didn't say top teams will suffer to advance. I said most teams will never have a chance. A team with only 1 or 2 victories advancing to round 2 will probably have zero chances to advance to the quarterfinals with this rule. So what's the point of even going further on the competition? That's what I was talking about.

No, indeed they could still have a chance if they would win other 4 games and if they don't, obviously they don't deserve to go to quarterfinals.

• Does anyone know which group will play their matches in Rotterdam?

• Does anyone know which group will play their matches in Rotterdam?

If I understood right there's no group that is gonna play matches there. 1st group stage will be played in either Arnhem or Poland. In the second stage when there is two groups left, games will be played in Rotterdam and Lodz. So at the moment it's not known yet :(

• If I understood right there's no group that is gonna play matches there. 1st group stage will be played in either Arnhem or Poland. In the second stage when there is two groups left, games will be played in Rotterdam and Lodz. So at the moment it's not known yet :(

(this may be old, but this is on the dutch website)

FIVB-WK-Volleybal-Vrouwen-2022-programma.jpg

• If I understood right there's no group that is gonna play matches there. 1st group stage will be played in either Arnhem or Poland. In the second stage when there is two groups left, games will be played in Rotterdam and Lodz. So at the moment it's not known yet :(

That's why I couldn't find any info🤦 thanks for the reply. I want to be one of the volunteers, do you know if there's any website to apply?