2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• Well I think Ebrar and Zehra has some kind of injuries. Don't know if anything serious. USA is struggling with injuries as well.

Yep, I heard so as well that's why Zehra didn't play today and Ebrar wasn't feeling well. Zehra said post-USA match she was dealing with pains.

• bec it is a relief to know that POL has no chance against Serbia:rose:

You never know. I've seen so many competitions in last 30 years and everything is possible especially with own supporting fans. The same was in 2003 when unknown Turkish team won silver ECH.

• It is so nice to read how Polish fans are so humble. So happy for you guys and Poland !

Wolosz this is for you :heart:

Well after all those years of misery, horrible coaches, fights between coach-girls or girls herself, federation giving sh*t on womens NT and looking on teams like Serbia and Turkey which they used to defeat are now on another level , this is like a miracle

• I’m so moved 🥹 It is a huge achievement. I don’t care that we will lose against Serbia 0:3, but I am so proud of this team. We couldn’t even dream about QFL after VNL. If Lavarini made so much without 4 key players (Smarzek, Czyrniańska, Łukasik and Kowalewska), everyone should be afraid of this team within next years :cheesy:

I don’t care with who we will play in 1/4 because playing in QF is a huge success for this team. It is their first season together and adding 3 missing wing spikers (I hope Smarzek will return) can make this team much better. Great lesson for them.

Well said. I will fervently hope it won't happen, but if you do beat us, just imagine the high you will ride. To get to a WCH semi in the first year of Lavarini with several crucial players missing! And after such a long drought of success, too! It would be almost like a fairy tale.:flower:

• You never know. I've seen so many competitions in last 30 years and everything is possible especially with own supporting fans. The same was in 2003 when unknown Turkish team won silver ECH.

I was just reacting the comment saying Turkiye has no chance against both teams (USA and Serbia), so ofc anything can happen in any phase of this tournament.

• Yep, I heard so as well that's why Zehra didn't play today and Ebrar wasn't feeling well. Zehra said post-USA match she was dealing with pains.

Urgh, Ebrar has a knee problem since after the first round and Zehra seemed a bit off against Canada, hoping for them to recover effectively:flower:(Hande is ok? Derya was quite the surprise today)

• Urgh, Ebrar has a knee problem since after the first round and Zehra seemed a bit off against Canada, hoping for them to recover effectively:flower:(Hande is ok? Derya was quite the surprise today)

Hande is OK cause she played as OPP in the last set. Derya was indeed a surprise, a good one.

• And btw, I'd like to compliment Canada, I honestly think they played over their possibilities many times and improved a lot.

I got Winzer'ed:teach:

And last but not least, Poland when they are on their wave are sooo good, nice to see them on this level! (And Rozanski is such a great discovery for me)

• I don’t care with who we will play in 1/4 because playing in QF is a huge success for this team. It is their first season together and adding 3 missing wing spikers (I hope Smarzek will return) can make this team much better. Great lesson for them.

Totally agree! Its a big suprise that Poland is in QF and whatever with who they will play. If they win it will be something amazing but if not, everybody in Poland will be happy because we will have stronger team than what we see in VNL and in next tournament they will be more confident.

• Okay but guys, before we all get to enthusiastic about Poland's fairy-tale, just imagine how much we'll be forced to endure Wolosz hero-worship if they get to semis...it's an enthusiasm-killer, isn't it?:P

• Yes but at least for this year I figured we'd see a stronger squad for WCHs rather than the VNLs

Some did send stronger squads like Serbia, but some didnt and are experimenting more instead

injuries.

It's a long summer.... VNL was taken more seriously than before (due to both rankings and 2021's fiascos)

How many teams are dealing with problems of some sort? (im not going through them all, but it's a fair few)

and just teams are weaker in general... teams are in the post-OG transition that they didnt get with covid. Usually they get a whole national team season + the world championship season to transition.... now they dont have that.

• Yes but at least for this year I figured we'd see a stronger squad for WCHs rather than the VNLs

Some did send stronger squads like Serbia, but some didnt and are experimenting more instead

it's still the first year (2022, 2023, 2024) - many teams are rebuilding.

• Lukasik is playing for Chemik? That’s gotta hurt

Yeah. She couldn't participate in the preparation for WCH because of bad medical results. It wasn't any injury

• Okay but guys, before we all get to enthusiastic about Poland's fairy-tale, just imagine how much we'll be forced to endure Wolosz hero-worship if they get to semis...it's an enthusiasm-killer, isn't it?:P

I guess there will be a lot of pressure from the fans (the tickets were sold-out in few minutes after they qualified to QFs), TV (their QF game will be broadcasted by the most popular TV channel) and probably the federation (they are still talking to collect the ranking points for Paris :D). Plus, for sure the girls remember how bad was their reception in previous game against Serbia.

It is still too much pressure for them. I feel like it will be easy 3-0 for Serbia.

• Urgh, Ebrar has a knee problem since after the first round and Zehra seemed a bit off against Canada, hoping for them to recover effectively:flower:(Hande is ok? Derya was quite the surprise today)

after the USA match, Zehra said she felt crick in her back and had to get 2 shots before the match in order to be able to play against USA.