2019 FIVB Women's Club World Championship

• Was this the year they were 4th place in the Turkish league? I remember they had an mazing line up and failed big time in the league

There was a Time where you could only use 2 foreigners on court.

• No, they won the TL that season. I can’t remember which season they finished 4th in.

They finished 4th in the 2011/2012 season. When Kim arrived in FB.

• Hill is playing great so far! I don't get why Geerties didn't get a chance earlier, Sylla made error after error:what:

• Actually in 11-12 they finished regular season first with 22-0 but lost in playof round in semifinal against Vakifbank and finished 3rd.(because they had better postion from regular season than Galatasaray)

But after that they was banned from Cev champions league for season 2012/13 becau se Board of cev rejected to give them a wild card*

And in the season 2012/13 they finished 4th both of regular season and play off round.

I still think that that was a big mistale by cev to exclude titleholder because disagrements with club leaders and who knows what story is behind that statements.

*https://www.volleywood.net/vol…udes-defending-champions/

• Also I remember she said that she waited till the last minute for Fener to sign with her again, but they didnt, and won the whole thing next year without her...

and she told because of her son, she didn’t want to move out of Italy but Mehmet Ali Aydinlar promised her that he will make sure she and her family get whatever they need, she decided to come. I think her son has a special syndrome so that’s why she didn’t come at first. Mehmet Ali Aydinlar and Fenerbahce’s president at the time had personal problems so his sponsorship was canceled. She was a special player.

• What about Fenerbahce who also had crazy teams; Logan Tom, Prime Epic KYK, Naz, Eda Erdem, Fabiana and Sokolova!

My favourite team of all time, such great memories :heart:

• Yes with Skowronska, Osmokrovic :obey: (one of my favourite player), Eda, Furst and i think Sokolova. I remember this team from epic match between Fener and Vakif in semi final of Cev Cl that would be so epic match

one of my favourite.

Also i must to mention that Jelena Nikolic was like a beast at that match i think she was also best scorer of final four.

she was the best scorer and rightful MVP but it was given to Glinka.

Ozge played terrible and Nilay saved the match, yet Gui played with Ozge again in the final and they beat Baku easily and became the champion. Ozge got the best setter which was a shame.

• she was the best scorer and rightful MVP but it was given to Glinka.

Ozge played terrible and Nilay saved the match, yet Gui played with Ozge again in the final and they beat Baku easily and became the champion. Ozge got the best setter which was a shame.

Yes i remember Nilay serves and ace in 5th sets.

• Actually they lost to Vakıfbank in league play-off semi-final in 2011-2012 and therefore couldnt go to CL next year

Yes, I realise that now but Sidney’s question was about 2010-11 season I think. They won the league that year.

• Hill is playing great so far! I don't get why Geerties didn't get a chance earlier, Sylla made error after error:what:

Yes I'm asking myself the same question.

Sylla is not Scoring, and that is her main job and you have player at bench who is doing amazing job at reception and defence. I don't get it why Santarelli doesn't give Geerties more chance.

• Yes, I realise that now but Sidney’s question was about 2010-11 season I think. They won the league that year.

I was asking about the season after Skow left, I think it's 11-12.

• Geerties wasn't getting much playing time as a Sylla sub because before last night when she had her best outing of the season she came in and was aced on the very first serve she received. Even her serving was suspect. She just looked overwelmed in big matches. Yesterday had to be a huge confidence boost and it certainly takes pressure off of Sylla who is facing near 100% targeting on serve.

• Sorry, my mistake. Yeah they won the CL but messed up the league.

there was a weird foreign rule that season, 2+1. Seda Tokatlioglu got injured in that semifinal (no surprise there, no offense), Ze’s brain froze (no surprise there either) he couldn’t think to let Eda play as OPP and they couldn’t let Tom play because of that stupid foreign rule. They lost because they played without an OPP, not because they were worse then Vakif.

• I know it is to soon to talk about this, but seeing how good De Gennaro is playing. She already locked her award for best libero.

Seeing how easy She is defending everyone is amazing... They only played 2 matches, but She already had so many WOW defence, one hand, controling them perfectly. :obey:

• For me, Conegliano isnt really a team composed of legends. Over the years, the club has gathered players who seem to have good chemistry when playing together. I think it is also the reason why they are fun to watch.

And Egonu, Wolosz and De Gennaro are not living legends:what:

And I can even add Hill, She didn't won MVP of WCH for nothing.

And Sylla had break out NT season last season, winning her best OH award in WCH in such strong competition...

All 7 players are World class players. So Yes they are composed of living legends.

Conegliano is going to History, and we can be lucky to watch one of the best volleyball ever even at her young age.

• I don't think Wolosz is a legend, she is SUPERB, and I love her, but she doesn't do something out of this world, imho... Egonu and De Gennaro, indeed, are legends, because they do things that normal people cannot do... the other players are really good, but not legends... World class players and living legends are two different things, you can be the best (or one of the best) of a generation and not be a legend because your generation is not so strong in comparison with another... For instance, in my opinion, the majority of OHs and MBs of this era (even the good ones) are freaking amateurs in comparison with the old ones, Maja Poljak would put 99% of the MBs of today's Vb in her pocket

• De Gennaro is a very good setter. However, I would say Kun Feng was better because her teammates (NT) did not have killer spikers and China won the Olympics over Russia and Cuba which had powerful spikers. De Gennaro has Egonu and the team will certainly have outstanding performances. I doubt the performances if there is no Egonu in the team.