CEV Champions League 2021

• I think that Scandicci could make it to the Top 4 if their opponent was Eczacibasi/Fenerbahce/Busto/Novara.

They are doing what they can, but it is Conegliano.

I agree with this they really raised their level, their game seems much better than any of the other teams we've seen so far, but their opponent is close to being unbeatable basically.

• It seems no one can stop Imoco to win the CL title this season.

Vakif maybe?

• I think that Scandicci could make it to the Top 4 if their opponent was Eczacibasi/Fenerbahce/Busto/Novara.

They are doing what they can, but it is Conegliano.

doubt it

Novara has been so constant and busto is unbeaten winning from all in italian league and cl

• I don’t think it’s the case. As long as the Turkish big 3 keeps the big sponsorships they have, they will maintain as major powerhouses. It’s just the coaching problem and the lack of enough local talents that made FB & Ecz not as strong as they were. Vakif is still doing very well (and I don’t think anyone except those two in this forum would say Vakif is the world no.2 before any match is actually played between them and Imoco in more than a year.)

That is something I have been asking to myself too: how come Vakıfbank can be the world 2 even not playing a single match with 'actual' world 1. Imoco is having a great 1.5 season starting from last year but Vakıfbank is rocking as well. The way they play with Maja is just so enjoyable. The only advantage Imoco can be the great libero like De Gennaro. Other than that I dont see any big difference comparing the positions one by one, I actually find Vakıfbank better in some positions but dont want to tell:lol: I dont want to begin nonsense comperations and everyone trying to 'back up' their favourite players(like they need it:whistle:) like it is the end of the world.

By the way it is a great pleasure to watch De Gennaro:rose: Italy NT and Imoco will have hard times to find her replacement ,even though there are lots of great liberos in Italy , when she retires(assuming she is already 34).

• The biggest advantage of Imoco compared to Vakif is their team chemistry. They have been playing for such a long time and they know each other well when and how to adjust. But position per position comparison it is almost the same except for libero as Monica is the best in the word (at least in top two).

• Actually Scandicci has to blame themselves. They wasted so many chances to beat Conegliano in 1st game. I don't think Malinov is enough for Scandicci.

• Malinov really step up her game lately. Like She has finally finding herself again.

• Coneglianooooo :super::super:

52 victory in row and counting !!! :drink:

• The biggest advantage of Imoco compared to Vakif is their team chemistry. They have been playing for such a long time and they know each other well when and how to adjust. But position per position comparison it is almost the same except for libero as Monica is the best in the word (at least in top two).

CL final is only one game thing. So who will win the trophy highly depends on player's performance on that day.

One core player's choking could cost the game, either for Vakif or Imoco

Vakıfbank and mostly Guidetti's teams are well known by their team chemistry. This squad of Vakifbank is playing their second season with literally no change. Anyway, we will all be watching with a great excitement the Vakifbank Imoco final. I wish it would be like league final best of 3.

• unfortunately it would be a final

I prefer it this would be a semi final

Like that we have 2 good matches

Also in one match many thi gs can happen...in 2 matches you really are superior and don't let doubt to other

Can happen to imoco or vb that the team isn't in their day and .... what we saw from novara in 2019 where all season imoco was superior

• Right now, Bia is definitely an upgrade to Lubian and Popovic, at least she can block. This two are invisible on court.

As I said last week, this game was a certain 3x0 to Conegliano, Scandicci would never have mental condition to reverse this scenario.

When you play against a team with the kind of chemistry Conegliano has, you have to take every chance you has to win at first, if you let that pass, then it's over.

• Well Imoco wasn't superior all season, Novara had won italian cup already and Imoco had a very shaky path on CL that season, getting almost eliminated twice (on pool phase and vs Eczacibasi). She was superior on the italian championship finals but not all that superior in general.