CEV Champions League 2021

• I’m curious, how many players will be picked for dream team? Is there a separate dream team for the entire CL run or just dream team for the players who played in the finals?

• I’m curious, how many players will be picked for dream team? Is there a separate dream team for the entire CL run or just dream team for the players who played in the finals?

There will be no dream team.

• It was really sad to see her cry! But she's young and talented, she'll have other opportunities to win!

Yup, and she can be proud of herself. Even being so young and playing in the grand finale of the most prestigious club tournament for the first time, she brought her best performance and was clearly the best player of her team today.

• This was maybe the last time that Maja had chance to win CL title.

Next year they are playing CEV Cup and who knows if She is gone plays season after. She is not young anymore. In 2years She will be at 38-39 years old.

• A little late to the party...

It may have taken 2 years but at least we got our 5 setter CL final between these two teams. Congratulations to Conegliano, and congratulations to Vakif as well. Today it may not have been the highest level of volleyball, but, at the end, there were nail-biting moments, great rallies, a very close score, five sets and also, very importantly, two healthy, full-force teams. I personally felt very emotional after the end of this match, realizing club season is over, but, at the same time, I'm very excited about the upcoming VNL (and the Olympics. duh...).

Now, regarding the game, I really cannot understand why Gio didn't sub Kubra and Cansu in today, if not for entire match/sets, at least during moments when it was clearly evident that Milena and Maja were struggling. Kubra especially could have contributed nicely thanks to her height. Same with Fahr and Folie (although she had some nice kills, but she must have gifted Vakifbank like, an entire set's worth of points). I found myself screaming at my TV,or, actually, at Maja, when she wouldn't stop setting Haak and profoundly ignored her two OHs, who were having a good day, and could have also scored more points, had they been given the chance. Adams was very good, Asia, Robin and Moki played relatively nice. Kudos to Ayca, I expected her at some point to break down on serve receive, but thankfully she proved me wrong! I'm very happy Kimmie closes out her career with such an accomplishment! And finally... the two OPPs... I lost count on how many times I clapped and cheered today for both of them (in our living room, right next to my-completely oblivious about volleyball-parents). They were both amazing! Egonu spiking over and over again over the block was gold. And Bella proved she deserves to be considered as one of the best 3 OPPs in the world right now. If only she could play VNL and Olympics too!

Overall, it was a highly enjoyable (and, of course, nervous as hell) afternoon. I think both us, the fans, and the teams very well deserved it!

• I’m so glad that We are gone watch Conegliano at WCCH next season. They got a free ticket.

For the next season one of the goals is to break Vakifbank record of winning strike. They are just 9down. Going in history, big deal.

Egonu is at 82(cc) victories in the row without loosing single match since CL finals in 2018.

What a number from her:sos::sos::sos: