2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• It's almost the same system for previous years, except teams will have three days off instead of four between pools, however they won't have to travel from a country to another.

• https://sport.onet.pl/siatkowk…-rimini-czym-jest/xlxw16p

Italy will be host thanks that they applied for both tournaments - men and women - as the only nation.

Also there is an idea that players could take their families. FIVB even created price list for such "convenience

By bringing along their families, I take it that it's limited to 1-2 members at most? that's interesting to know but I doubt they'd even allow having to accommodate so many people

• By bringing along their families, I take it that it's limited to 1-2 members at most? that's interesting to know but I doubt they'd even allow having to accommodate so many people

ideally it should only apply to husband/wife + a young child for example Naz, her baby and her husband and not a free-for-all situation otherwise it would be too risky and the whole point of holding a safe competition would be pointless.

• Some small news from Polish Federation:

1. Each team will have to decide how many players will go to Italy, 25 spots are for players and staff, can be ex. 20 players + 5 staff. Coach takes 1 spot for sure, if a team wants a masseur, he takes 1 spot as well.

2. Participating cost by team is 250Euros, not all of the teams decided to join the bubble yet.

3. There is only one way in the bubble - you are from begging to the end or if you decide to leave you can't come back.

• Do you really think that teams, especially the ones will participate to Olympics, should be there with their B teams the whole VNL? The last time the NTs had official tournament was 2 years ago, they didnt train together for whole summer last year and missing VNL before the Olympics would be a questionable choice for me. Because of the covid, friendly matches will be a problem as well. I think Turkey NT should be there with the A team to get in the right shape, considering some of the starting six players havent had a good season this year. Actually except Ebrar and Zehra, there isnt a Turkish player comes to my mind that had a good season (not even Simge, Eda, Naz etc). Hande, Meliha, Cansu, Kübra, Naz, Eda should definetely play as much as possible to get their coinfidence back. It is imposible to play all the matches with the same number of players so there will be a chance for the youngsters to show which one deserves to be in Olympics. Especially OH position is a big question mark, VNL can be good for the selection.

• It's the same I said

Vnl is unique tournament vefore olympucs

Some coaches need to make their team pmay also some.of them hesitates about the 12 list so it gonna be the last test to who go to OG

• I heard Italy is going through another wave of covid lockdowns? would this affect women's vnl?

I don't think the Italian Federation have confirmed anything regarding that matter but someone who is Italian could probably clarify that here. They definitely should address it asap or at least FIVB should. I'm sure people have noticed the lockdown news by now

• Completely agree that teams after 2 years break of NT competitions need some real matches and VNL is the only chance, i just have one problem and that is space between VNL and OG, which is 30 days, and IMO with 15 matches in 28 days (VNL) you can't done a real practice, so you need also full circle preparations before OG, be sure to calculate that teams have to travel to Japan, Serbia NT for example even before coronavirus, traveled to competitons about 2 weeks before the start, in that space of 30 days you don't have enough time. So i expect some mixed teams for sure, and in Serbia NT case i expect (actually hope to see) kind of this list:

s: Ognjenovic, Veselinovic, Perovic

opp: Boskovic, Savic

oh: Mihajlovic, Milenkovic, Lazovic, Rankovic, Mirosavljevic, Uzelac (also opp)

mb: Veljkovic, Popovic, Aleksic, Medic, Glusac, Kurtagic.

l: Pusic, Jegdic, Djurdjevic

players like Bjelica, Blagojevic, Busa, Rasic, Popovic S., can wait in Belgrade and after for example 4 week of VNL with rest of the A team member start with preparations for OG properly, while rest of the VNL roster can finish that competition.

• I don't think the Italian Federation have confirmed anything regarding that matter but someone who is Italian could probably clarify that here. They definitely should address it asap or at least FIVB should. I'm sure people have noticed the lockdown news by now

It's not a new full lockdown, it's just harder rules for the holydays on Easter week to avoid people moving around too much for no reason.

• Completely agree that teams after 2 years break of NT competitions need some real matches and VNL is the only chance, i just have one problem and that is space between VNL and OG, which is 30 days, and IMO with 15 matches in 28 days (VNL) you can't done a real practice, so you need also full circle preparations before OG, be sure to calculate that teams have to travel to Japan, Serbia NT for example even before coronavirus, traveled to competitons about 2 weeks before the start, in that space of 30 days you don't have enough time.

this just makes no sense. In the past teams were flying for possibly two days (layovers included) to get to places during VNL/WGP. Now they are in one spot and won’t have good practice over a month? With three days in between matches with no international travel?

Just looked at 2008-2016 Olympic Games and WGP gaps. They were always less than 30 days between the finals and the Olympics.

In the past players went straight from club to VNL, so the first week was always a little hit or miss. However, coaches with dreams of medals are going to go hard this year. Nakada is already practicing, with Japan. She’ll try to have them ready to go, but I don’t think that it will help them because other teams are better.

• also you forget that this year ranking gonna qualify to the world champs of next year

some teams like thailand,korea,belgium,canada aren't likely to qualify through their continental so they need to win points

• this just makes no sense. In the past teams were flying for possibly two days (layovers included) to get to places during VNL/WGP. Now they are in one spot and won’t have good practice over a month? With three days in between matches with no international travel?

Just looked at 2008-2016 Olympic Games and WGP gaps. They were always less than 30 days between the finals and the Olympics.

In the past players went straight from club to VNL, so the first week was always a little hit or miss. However, coaches with dreams of medals are going to go hard this year. Nakada is already practicing, with Japan. She’ll try to have them ready to go, but I don’t think that it will help them because other teams are better.

This was actually pretty much related to the Serbian NT team, and not primarly my personal opinion, but Terzic philosophy, and actually in 2016 both China and Serbia (the finalist), didn't go to final six with full rosters (Serbia didn't qualified even), and obvious that wasn't mistake, i mean result is more than significant. I'm not saying that it was crucial and that it is a recipe for success, but I primarily emphasize in the case of Serbia, I doubt that the VNL will be in the strongest lineup, there is also the issue of motivation, something should be saved for the European Championship in Belgrade.

• Is it true that Serbia will not participate in VNL this summer? Anybody hear about this rumor?

I didn't hear anything similar, although it doesn't surprise me, I'm sad to hear even the slightest hint that something like this can happen.

• there will be financial penalties from FIVB. That is probably going to put the team in it.

According to polish federation, the cost of participation in the bubble system is around 250K Euro per team.

Still, there is no official information (at least there wasn't on Friday) from FIVB about training facilities/gyms for the participating teams. There is possibility that teams will need to pay some additional money for that.

Maybe, the fine from FIVB will be smaller than cost of participation in VNL this year.

• Some minor details regarding to "Corona rules" during this year's VNL sent to national federations by FIVB:

1. Each team will have to contain "officer responsible for observance daily protocol" (taking one place from 25 available).

2. Everyone will be tested every fourth day - players, staff, families, organizers, arena staff, etc.

3. Contact between teams will be limited (in a hotels, gyms, etc.).

4. There won't be possibility to join the bubble after games will start (even injured players replacement won't be available).

5. There won't be side changes after set is finished. Each team will be assigned to one side of a court during one match.

6. Semifinal will be played between teams from places 1-4 and 2-3 after preliminary round.

7. No journalists at the halls, only virtual zone journalists-players.

Source: https://siatka.org/pokaz/vnl-r…y-dni-nikt-dolaczy-banki/