2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• Dutch missed consistency to really challenge Turkey. On the other hand, they didn't do a bad job considering the Dutch team isn't with their strongest team and Turkey is:)

I begin to respect Karakurt as a player more and more, because the performance she shows is really good and she carries her team! I like some pasion on court, but... Her behaviour is soooo over the top and it's really anoying to me. Her behaviour is stopping me from liking her at the moment. Hope she will work on that and becomes more mature:)

I totally get that it is not the easiest thing to like Ebrar, I myself struggled a lot in the beginning :lol: But she shows signs of maturity recently. She is not as rude as before, she doesn't do offensive gestures to opponents anymore, She does have a particular way of cheering that might be too over the top but some people have the same struggle with supersonic screamer Yuan as well:cheesy:

• Overall it wasn't a bad game from Netherlands they played a good defense (Schoot in particular) and Bongaerts distributed well. I really have the feeling that they suffered too much form the loss in the first set (which I'm currently rewatching, Ebrar was absolutely stellar, love her:heart:).

From the second set onwards Turkey started working, blocking was on point and Hande awakened. Also, Zehra seems to have regained a bit of her shape, great news for Turkey.

I hope Simge regains her shape, she seemed off (and has been like that for a few games now).

• I know South Korea has been a big failure in this VNL, expected cuz of the absence of the twins. Nevertheless, I do hope Guidetti and team TUR doesnt understimate KYK and co.

Today they lost 3-0 against Brazil best available line up (except Bia) in this VNL, but they gave me a much better impression than in their previous matches. They did challenged Brazil in the last two sets and the Asians basically lost cuz in front of them is Brazil. The amount of silly mistakes lowered a lot in comparison of the first weekends.

In conclusion, I think that an "over confident" spirit from Turkey, thinking they are already qualified before the match started + SK displaying the same good game of today = could be a possible receipt for a mess.

• I didn't want to interrupt the match with this slightly off topic, but I added another player to my favorites of this tournament: Zuzanna Gorecka from Poland. I remember her from the legendary 2019 U20 Tournament. The camera loves her and she's got game. I only thought of it now because I think #88 is a cooler # than #99. No dis to Ebrar, but 99 is predictable. 88 is random, it's not just second choice because 99 was taken

In fact #88 in Germany is quite problematic because it's abused as Nazi symbol. I'm sure Gorecka doesn't know that (probably nobody outside of Germany does and even here some don't) but the first time I saw her with that shirt number it made me feel a bit uncomfortable :|

• I know South Korea has been a big failure in this VNL, expected cuz of the absence of the twins. Nevertheless, I do hope Guidetti and team TUR doesnt understimate KYK and co.

Today they lost 3-0 against Brazil best available line up (except Bia) in this VNL, but they gave me a much better impression than in their previous matches. They did challenged Brazil in the last two sets and the Asians basically lost cuz in front of them is Brazil. The amount of silly mistakes lowered a lot in comparison of the first weekends.

In conclusion, I think that an "over confident" spirit from Turkey, thinking they are already qualified before the match started + SK displaying the same good game of today = could be a possible receipt for a mess.

Spot on. The SK team is figuring it out as they go and it's impressive. Lavarini has a lot to do with it. I thought Lee So-young was going to be the star but others emerged.

South Korea became a new team after their win against Serbia.. Playing with a lot more confidence since then, trying new things and being effective doing so.. They will be a really tough opponent for Turkey, I'm sure of it

• In fact #88 in Germany is quite problematic because it's abused as Nazi symbol. I'm sure Gorecka doesn't know that (probably nobody outside of Germany does and even here some don't) but the first time I saw her with that shirt number it made me feel a bit uncomfortable :|

bummer. I didn't know that

• I think Turkish NT no longer have a problem with the OPP position. Ebrar is a monster. :win:

I think the main reason for Turkey's current position is Ebrar's performance. Among the top teams' OPPs, there is no other OPP that has such an impact on the team's performance, so I believe she deserves the award for the best OPP of the tournament.

• I think Turkish NT no longer have a problem with the OPP position. Ebrar is a monster. :win:

I think the main reason for Turkey's current position is Ebrar's performance. Among the top teams' OPPs, there is no other OPP that has such an impact on the team's performance, so I believe she deserves the award for the best OPP of the tournament.

And there's also Vargas too! Although I don't know who would be starter between the two of the them but I guess Ebrar can play as OH if they need to be on court at the same time.

• And there's also Vargas too! Although I don't know who would be starter between the two of the them but I guess Ebrar can play as OH if they need to be on court at the same time.

Both ebrar and Vargas can play as OH.

• Easy 3-0 for DOM, but I especially enjoyed this match. Finally right chance for Uzelac (2004 - 17yo; OH), the biggest potential among Serbian junior and youth gen. She was the best scorer of the match with 16 pts., 14/22 (63.6% - efficiency) in attack and 2 blocks + good receiving performance.

• Oh, no. Not this duo again!