Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2021/2022)

• IMO not even in the Top 20.

How XD

I think there isn't that many great defensive OHs tbh and imo Meliha is an amazing passer and her stats further prove that. She only seems to crack with some jump serves during clutch times sometimes other than that I barely can critique her on this regard.

I think she is mostly wasted in VakifBank tbh, even in international tournaments she was always among the top receivers.

• I am on neutral here. And yes she choked that game (not remembering the match). Regardless. Gabi or krob hasn't been that successful in club/cl as hill and that's a fact. 👌

Gabi hasnt even played a full champions league yet lol, of course she's not successful at that? She was always was great when she played in Brazil, and menaged to get medals/individual awards at the club championship despite never being on the best team

• Gabi hasnt even played a full champions league yet lol, of course she's not successful at that? She was always was great when she played in Brazil, and menaged to get medals/individual awards at the club championship despite never being on the best team

So that means gabi has to prove more her abilities of being far better than hill. Not the other way around.

• I am on neutral here. And yes she choked that game (not remembering the match). Regardless. Gabi or krob hasn't been that successful in club/cl as hill and that's a fact. 👌

That's true... I like Hill, she's not that great how she was back in USA's WC Gold (when she was a BEAST), but I agree she's very successful in clubs... But for a long time this forum (not only you) treated her like she was a serial choker, so it's weird to see someone saying that she handles pressure well when it's commonly known that she hides from the games from time to time... But Hill is definitely a institution and when she decides to leave Conegliano they will have a hard time trying to find a worthy replacement

• That's true... I like Hill, she's not that great how she was back in USA's WC Gold (when she was a BEAST), but I agree she's very successful in clubs... But for a long time this forum (not only you) treated her like she was a serial choker, so it's weird to see someone saying that she handles pressure well when it's commonly known that she hides from the games from time to time... But Hill is definitely a institution and when she decides to leave Conegliano they will have a hard time trying to find a worthy replacement

I think every players have this moment. But she also had a great moment specially the wwcc. That was her latest best performance so far even up to this date.

I will miss her and other players retiring after this season. Kyk, larson, mostly U.S players, 😬

• Personally, I think that Gabi is a better player than Hill overall. Hill has better reception to me, but she is cracking under a pressure more and Gabi kills more out of system balls. Congeliano should make Adams stay. She's solid enough to me.

Hill has been doing so consistent in attack and good

Gabi lack of power in decisives moments

• If it was possible I would love to see Zhang Changning in Conegliano. I know it will never happen, but it would be interesting to see how she would perform in Europe plus I think she would be a nice addition to replace Hill.

She's always in Zhu's shadow which is unfortunate because she's still an amazing versatile player.

• How XD

I think there isn't that many great defensive OHs tbh and imo Meliha is an amazing passer and her stats further prove that. She only seems to crack with some jump serves during clutch times sometimes other than that I barely can critique her on this regard.

I think she is mostly wasted in VakifBank tbh, even in international tournaments she was always among the top receivers.

I didn't say that she is bad or something like that, this not even in the top 20, is maybe exaggeration, I did not approach that research in detail LOL, but with great certainty I still claim that she is no better than Gabi, and not even close to the best in the world, which still does not prevent her from being good, great, amazing at it.

• If it was possible I would love to see Zhang Changning in Conegliano. I know it will never happen, but it would be interesting to see how she would perform in Europe plus I think she would be a nice addition to replace Hill.

She's always in Zhu's shadow which is unfortunate because she's still an amazing versatile player.

This is my dream:heart: i just wany to see her in Europe , i doesn't matter which team

Sadly it'll never happen, both because Jiangsu will never let her go and she probably doesn't want to leave her fiancee

There was a small window of opportunity for the 2017-18 season right after the grand champions cup but alas it didn't happen.

Yuan Xinyue, Liu Yanhan, and Ding Xia are more likely to be able to play overseas than Zhang (in order of decreasing likelihood). In a few years maybe Tianjin will let Li Yingying go if she wants.

• I would like to see Mihajlovic play in Italy!

Although then Monza should have to let go their current staring outside hitters duo: Orthmann and Meijners. They wouldn't work as outside hitter duo with Mihajlovic and are too good to be on the bench! They could keep Davyskiba as substitute for Mihajlovic. Also they could keep Begic as substitute, but she couldn't be a starter because her reception isn't good enough to cover Mihajlovic...

Miha isn't reliable,her season in clubd are awful and she seems to decrease at her level

Maybe in Italy but i don't want her in monza

• Sadly it'll never happen, both because Jiangsu will never let her go and she probably doesn't want to leave her fiancee.

This is why I don't like clubs that feel like they own players. :down:

If a player has an opportunity to go abroad or just to another team and they themselves want to do it, the player should have their own independence to make their own decision. A player shouldn't be forced to stay with a club just because the club doesn't want to let them go especially if they are unhappy there. However I do think Zhang staying in Jiangsu is her own choice because her fiance is there plus I heard a rumor that they plan on having a baby after the Olympics. The club overall has the best interests of their players and treats them well so I don't have a problem with them.

But I do believe there are some players who would love to play elsewhere, but are forced to stay with their club which is rather sad. Makes me think about the Korean player Go Yoo-Min who committed suicide. I'm not sure of the exact specifics only through translation, but the family believe that the club promised to allow her to transfer to another team without any problems (she needed the clubs consent in order to transfer legally) which they didn't do. It was clear that she was unhappy there and the club could've just let her go to another team, but instead she was forced to either play for them or choose to retire. I can't imagine the verbal, physical, and emotional abuse she had to deal with behind the scenes. ;(

• Wasnt there an issue a few years back about Changning having a boyfriend? Like the fedration reprimanded her or something? It would be interesting to see her play abroad though. Before Zhu, China allowed Wang Yimei to play in Europe.

However, personally, I am more excited to see Yuan Xinyue play abroad especially in Turkey. She and Zehra almost have the same kind of energy inside the court :box: And they are both loud :lol:

• Wasnt there an issue a few years back about Changning having a boyfriend? Like the fedration reprimanded her or something? It would be interesting to see her play abroad though. Before Zhu, China allowed Wang Yimei to play in Europe.

There were few more players. For example Wei Qiuyue, Ma Yunwen and Zhang Lei played in Europe

However, personally, I am more excited to see Yuan Xinyue play abroad especially in Turkey. She and Zehra almost have the same kind of energy inside the court :box: And they are both loud :lol:

No, that was in 2014 when she unilaterally quit beach to go back to indoors. They'd have banned her for 4 years except her father had connections higher up. The backlash from her having a boyfriend (specifically, regarding a marriage proposal, not actually the fact that she has a boyfriend) was from fans during the Asian Games.

This is why I don't like clubs that feel like they own players. :down:

If a player has an opportunity to go abroad or just to another team and they themselves want to do it, the player should have their own independence to make their own decision. A player shouldn't be forced to stay with a club just because the club doesn't want to let them go especially if they are unhappy there. However I do think Zhang staying in Jiangsu is her own choice because her fiance is there plus I heard a rumor that they plan on having a baby after the Olympics. The club overall has the best interests of their players and treats them well so I don't have a problem with them.

But I do believe there are some players who would love to play elsewhere, but are forced to stay with their club which is rather sad. Makes me think about the Korean player Go Yoo-Min who committed suicide. I'm not sure of the exact specifics only through translation, but the family believe that the club promised to allow her to transfer to another team without any problems (she needed the clubs consent in order to transfer legally) which they didn't do. It was clear that she was unhappy there and the club could've just let her go to another team, but instead she was forced to either play for them or choose to retire. I can't imagine the verbal, physical, and emotional abuse she had to deal with behind the scenes. ;(

I don't like it either (and I have zero understanding of the Korean system), but in China (a) the club paid the training costs when they were young players, otherwise only rich kids would be able to afford to play ball and (b) the provincial sports bureau assigns them jobs such as teachers, coach, etc. so although the players can technically just quit and go abroad, they would lose out on retirement benefits. Like Li Yingying for example, she went to Tianjin at 9 or 10 and the club paid for training, room, food, etc. until she was a useable OH at 17/18. That's 8 years. If this system wasn't in place these kids would never have a chance to play ball in the first place.

(That doesn't mean I like the system though)

Also, there were problems earlier in the year/last year with Beijing and Wang Simin (libero, went to Italy for a season).

• Thank you for reminding me. Imagine if the ban was pushed through :gone:

• Thank you for reminding me. Imagine if the ban was pushed through :gone:

Sometimes I wonder what happened to the bureaucrat(s) who banned her. If I recall correctly the main reasons for her quitting beach were (1) didn't qualify for london 2012 and (2) Asian girls (in Asia) usually don't like to get tanned (inevitable in beach).

• I don't understand very well what Meliha has to do with this comment, if this is insinuation that she is better at the reception than Gabi, I think that using raw statistics for such a bold statement is quite naive, I certainly strongly disagree, IMO not even in the Top 20.

You were making a reference while claiming Gabi is the best receiver and I said with that statistics logic, indeed Meliha is better or as good as her at reception, which is true. To me, claiming Meliha is not even in top 20 receiver is quite naive. Go ahead and count these 20 OHs who are so-called better than Meliha

• Oh my god. How can I forget them :wall:this was also the time that almost the entire Thailand national team played in Azerbaijan :lol:

Yes :cheesy: That was basically Asian team with addition of few international players like Manon Flier, Lenka Durr, Marianne Fersola and Arielle Wilson :D