CEV Champions League 2022

• I am sorry to tell this but CEV should reconsider the quotas for the CL and such. I get the point of diversity etc, but seriously how many viewers do they get from Finland to wacth Salo to be destroyed by Vakifbank's bench players? Is this a good marketing strategy and economically more profitable than actually having every match in high quality and with surprises. This can easily be achieve by including a 4th team from Turkey, Italy, Poland or Russia where more people will spend money to watch some competitive matches. I am also fine with more German teams participating since they always bring competition and have a decent level.

With that, I would like teams like Salo to play in where they can actually compete like in Cev cup and such and once they show a trend of development and collecting country points, before going to CL. I purchased eurovolley membership and number of matches I watch are very few, for example in this round why would I spend my time watching Vakifbank, FB and Novara's matches. Only a few were interesting including THY vs. Moscow and I am ready to pay more if all matches were up to that level.

With that income, CEV can also support participating teams financially and some good teams would not withdraw because it costs a a lot to participate.

• this cl pool round has been so boring that's why I didn't suscribe to eurovolley

I am with the user behind,cev should consider the quota,i don't know what salo and prometey are doing in champions league

Why there are 2 french teams and only 1 german

Only good matches has been monza vs vakif and thy vs dinamo

• I am sorry to tell this but CEV should reconsider the quotas for the CL and such. I get the point of diversity etc, but seriously how many viewers do they get from Finland to wacth Salo to be destroyed by Vakifbank's bench players? Is this a good marketing strategy and economically more profitable than actually having every match in high quality and with surprises. This can easily be achieve by including a 4th team from Turkey, Italy, Poland or Russia where more people will spend money to watch some competitive matches. I am also fine with more German teams participating since they always bring competition and have a decent level.

With that, I would like teams like Salo to play in where they can actually compete like in Cev cup and such and once they show a trend of development and collecting country points, before going to CL. I purchased eurovolley membership and number of matches I watch are very few, for example in this round why would I spend my time watching Vakifbank, FB and Novara's matches. Only a few were interesting including THY vs. Moscow and I am ready to pay more if all matches were up to that level.

With that income, CEV can also support participating teams financially and some good teams would not withdraw because it costs a a lot to participate.

Fully agreed! Get 12 teams and divide them into 2 pools. Having high quality pool games will make it even harder for quarterfinals.

• I dream of a Euroleague basket style formation with 12 or so teams where we see throughout the year best teams competing with each other. That way we would avoid a potentially premature pairing of the best two teams where the top two of the pool stage would be expected to face each other at the final.

Imagine watching imoco vs vakıf vs novara vs fener two times more even before playoffs.

Such an organization would require big money sponsors I guess. It's a distant dream

• Euroleague's format would kill the local leagues.

• it wasn’t Imoco… they were scheduled to play Bergamo yesterday(as a make up match) that was cancelled due to COVID, iirc.

I think Imoco's CL match originally got rescheduled due to Covid in the Hungarian team, but then Imoco's match vs Bergamo got cancelled due to Covid in Imoco :/

• Imoco for sure has cases, the match against Novara was suposed to be this sunday but got rescheduled a few days ago, so I suppose they found out about the cases not so long ago. I don't know how many cases they have and if they will be ready for next week tho

• Is there any highlight video for THY Moscow match?

You don't wanna watch it, believe me 😁

I am with the user behind,cev should consider the quota,i don't know what salo and prometey are doing in champions league

Prometey won the qualification phase.

Anyway, that team isn't that bad. They have quite good foreigners (Todorova, Dimitrova, Casanova, Kitipova, Anae). Their main problem is the reception. Both, Anisova and Anae are bad passers.

Zhana Todorova is awesome libero and she helps a lot their OHs, but that's not enough.

Also, their block-defense formation is really good.

If I could change 2 players in that team, I would replace Anisova with better passer and Kitipova with more creative setter.

• Imoco win 3-0 the match against hungaria team fatum

The weird is that the match was reschedule to 26 and imoco maybe wouldn't be able to play for covid cases