2021 U20 Women's World Championship

• Hello :drink:
    Has anyone over here heard anything about the 21st Women's U20 (Junior) World Championship scheduled to be hosted in

Netherlands/Belgium? It's about a month away and nary a peep about it being postponed or canceled. Also haven't seen anything from anywhere about who has a team assembled :(

• It will take place as scheduled between July 9th and July 18th next month. There are indeed not many details or info given. However I recently saw that they were looking for court crew, which also indicates the event will take place. Host cities are Rotterdam (NED) and Kortrijk (BEL)

Has anyone over here heard anything about the 21st Women's U20 (Junior) World Championship scheduled to be hosted in

Netherlands/Belgium? It's about a month away and nary a peep about it being postponed or canceled. Also haven't seen anything from anywhere about who has a team assembled :(

Italy has already her team,mencatelli were doing try outs with 30+ new players but the called were the same

Italy is favourite to gold,they have the best team so far and imo it's best generation regard the quantity of good players....tie with pietrini generation

Queste le 18 atlete convocate.

ALZATRICI: Sofia Monza, Anna Pelloia, Gaia Guiducci

CENTRALI: Emma Graziani, Linda Nwakalor, Claudia Consoli, Islam Gannar

SCHIACCIATRICI: Beatrice Gardini, Anna Adelusi, Stella Nervini, Emma Cagnin, Dominika Giuliani, Terry Bassi

OPPOSTE: Giorgia Frosini, Bintu Diop, Julia Ituma

LIBERI: Martina Armini, Emma Barbero

USA is having a training camp with a ton of players. I just dont know if they're qualified. (NORCECA's tournament got cancelled and there's nothing official)

It's on the USAV calendar (but with no details) ;(

• The same case is with polish junior NT. 16 players started the preparation today, but there is no official information on federation website about U20 WCH nor confirmation they will take part. (I think they should be qualified based on U-20 FIVB World Ranking).

• The USA has called up a large list of u20 players to train at their base (either in California or Colorado)

I would assume that implies they've qualified. NORCECA's championship got qualified and USA isn't ranked in the top 2 (I think Cuba and the Dominican are)

• (i'll edit in information as it comes available)

I would rather have a thread with information than hijacking the Dutch thread :lol::lol: (i'll edit this out)

You read my mind, admins can move the posts from Dutch NT to this thread 🙏.

Serbia will start their training camp on June 6th. List of the players are unknown still, but probably the major of players who took silver medal at last EuroVolley u19.

Only news are that new head coach is Vladimir Vasović (he replaced Marijana Boricic in the Serbian champion Ub, while she was on maternity leave) instead of Milan Gršić.

• I was thinking about this tournament the other day :lol:

No official news from TVF so far about a roster. I expect them to send the winner of CEV U19 team. It will be such a shame İlayda Uçak will miss it, I am pretty sure she is still recovering. They might invite Dalia Wison or Karmen Aksoy to replace İlayda.

• Japan's got nothing posted. When I look at the U18 from two years ago I don't see winners :(

• I think this tournament will be interesting (if the USA participate :lol::lol:) They won the last u18 championship, but they've never even medaled in the U20. The setter from that team (Kennedi Orr) tore her ACL so she won't be eligible. ;(

• I was just thinking about this :rolll:

There hasn't been any official announcement yet nor a list but during their presentation in Perugia one of the the three U20 players just hired there (Nwakalor, Guiducci and Diop) said they were training with the u20 NT in Milan. On the official federation website these are the players listed, Omoruyi is obviously not there but I think the others are the ones training, can't think of anyone else who might be joining

• I was just thinking about this :rolll:

There hasn't been any official announcement yet nor a list but during their presentation in Perugia one of the the three U20 players just hired there (Nwakalor, Guiducci and Diop) said they were training with the u20 NT in Milan. On the official federation website these are the players listed, Omoruyi is obviously not there but I think the others are the ones training, can't think of anyone else who might be joining

Nevermind I was looking in the wrong places lol

Here the list, says Omoruy and players that still have "club duties" (so I guess b1?) are still missing, but I can't think of anyone else, unless they're going to invite some u18 player (but other than Ituma already on the list I don't think there's any standout on that group, maybe just Bellia)

• Brazil has a roster currently training for this tournament as well as the U18 one.

Fofao was spotted in the gym, not sure if she's part of the actual coaching staff or was just there visiting to lend the youth some guidance.

• Brazil has a roster currently training for this tournament as well as the U18 one.

Fofao was spotted in the gym, not sure if she's part of the actual coaching staff or was just there visiting to lend the youth some guidance.

Fofão is working since march in CBV, she is something like "technical coordinator" from what I remember.

• It will take place as scheduled between July 9th and July 18th next month. There are indeed not many details or info given. However I recently saw that they were looking for court crew, which also indicates the event will take place. Host cities are Rotterdam (NED) and Kortrijk (BEL)

Do you know where in Rotterdam, matches will be played? I hope they would allow audience then

• Didn't this team lost 3-0 against Turkey? I don't think they are favourite to gold. It might be Turkey or Serbia. I don't know about the shape of non-EU teams though, CHN and BRA always bring strong teams as well