2024 Paris Olympic Games

• :mad:

Always the same story for Ducth NT, chocking at the important moments :gone:

• Heartbreaking, but NL gave Canada the opportunity to win just like VNL. If Canada wasn't one of our main competitors for world ranking I would be happy for them (because I really like their style) but rn I'm just disappointed and sad in how they gave this match away ;(

• I knew the moment Dijkema entered the court that this is a big mistake but she waited until 13:14 to prove it :aww:

Don't think Dijkema is the one to blame. Baijens not blocking on Gray on 13-13 and hitting in the net at 13-14 is the reason we lost...

• They were just not consistent enough, I didn't see the fire in their eyes like ECH vs Italy. Wouldn't pin this loss on one specific person bc in set 4 they failed collectively and gave Canada the confidence and control back.

Now this OQT is more about ranking points than actually finishing top 2 for us. Let's hope we won't fall down too much, because there will be no easy 3-0s here (or maybe 1)

• Canada's working class skills. :super:Their starting lineup is very strong and can hang with anyone.

For the NL I don't believe pulling Van Aalen is the solution when Dutch reception is breaking down. I agree she can throw in a stinker when on the run, but the others are no better.

Gray was passing better than the Dutch OHs in 5th set Which was key.

When Bongaerts came in at end of set 3 her sets were more inaccurate. And now Dijkema with the low set on MP..

Also would have brought in Knollema start of set 4 as Daalderop was struggling.

I know Koslowski brought 3 setters, but Winzer did a much better job rotating out her hitters.

• Don't think Dijkema is the one to blame. Baijens not blocking on Gray on 13-13 and hitting in the net at 13-14 is the reason we lost...

Celeste at the end of the 5th set also didn't finish many rallies when she was getting quite comfortable sets. So I don't think it is only one player to blame, the whole team just melted :(

• Looks like Canada will qualify for the Olympics in Paris (main hunter seems to be Belgium), and Germany will not. Canada deserves it by the way.

• i think they have a spot for each federation?

If they stick to this nonsense it is another point, why 12 teams are too few: if you give two berths to teams, which can't qualify otherwise (here host France and a team of Africa), this is essentially a ten team selection with two additional losers.

• Ukraine is obviously not going to beat China but their level of play deserves praise so far!

They are a good team

unfortunately their passing kills them