2024 Paris Olympic Games

• Poland did it! Congrats! So happy for these girls getting their first olympic experience! :rose::super:

• Congrats to Poland.

I hope this is the last match with Mazzanti as head coach and that We can finally call back De Gennaro, Egonu, Cate Bosetti, Fahr, Orro….

• Happy outcome. Congrats Poland :win:

• So after long 16 years, Poland is back to the Olympics! Congratulations! They have missed so many times to give the next step (even when they missed two WCH in a row), but they finally did it.

Hat off and CHAPEAU for Wolosz. She has been (rightfully) criticised for trying to play Conegliano style with Polish NT, but it isnt that she cant, sometimes she simply doesnt want and that's the key- Today we saw how she slowed down the pace a bit and Poland started to play as a well oiled engine. Her reverse sets were a pleasure to watch, as well as how she fooled Italian MBs + one hand sets. A delight.

Kudos for the whole team in general.

For Italy...to be honest, this is "chronice of announced" death. After what what happened post VNL, the meeting between Mazzanti and Egonu previous the ECH and the unsolved problems (Tokyo 2020 + after SF lost against Brazil, the real drama started + the issue why Egonu has not been forgiven even though she apologised), the only path to disaster is this one. Not podium in the last ECH and missing the direct berth to Paris. Pity for the players who dont have any relation here, especially the youngers. As it was pointed out, Italy current problem goes FAR beyond that just the sport atmosphere, it goes beyond Mazzanti stubborness.

• Quoting M. Czyrniańska: ,,Jeeeeeeeeest, kurwa, jest!".

Lavarini is a magician, so proud of these girls. I didn't believe in a qualification after sloppy beginning of the tournament, but these two last games were a masterclass. VNL bronze, losing at the ECH to Turkey (the best team in the world right now) and defeating USA and Italy in OQT - simply amazing.

Feel sorry for Italian fanbase, you deserve so much better, but fortunately I don't think Mazzanti can survive such shitfest.

• WE DID IT! We finally did it: after many vicissitudes and attempts, we finally managed to fail even the last possible goal and push ourselves out of any possible contention for the Olympics, destroying any chance of building something important with a very talented generation at the same time.

Oh, it took quite some time, huh! No, I mean, it seemed easy enough, but holy crap they all came at us! Even other teams trying to be more miserable than us blocked our path. We tried in every single way possible, we even sent away our strongest players and yet we were still languishing in useful position to do something good. There were always teams who were poorer.

And then, finally, today we did it: we lost to those we could overtake and FINALLY we are in complete s***. OH! IT WAS TIME! A resounding success, one could almost be moved to tears thinking about all the hard work that went into pulling off this feat.

Congratulations to everyone, from the federation to the coaching staff via some players!

• The best setter in the World right now, is coming to Paris :drink::cup:

Congrats Poland especially to my Wolosz. Today She showed that She can addapted and to show her amazing game.

• So happy for the Poles and their fans. They’re well deserved after showing great performances throughout the whole summer (and I still believe they could win the medal in ECH even without the injured Czy if they had better luck and wasn’t drawn to meet Turkey in QF)

• It’s amazing how this team under Lavarini has changed. They finally are able to win the endings. A few years ago we could lead even 7-8 but lost in the most crucial moments. I am so proud 🥹🥹🥹

• Congrats to Poland!! Well deserved victory, and for Italy how in haven any one in their right mind could think that Antropova could replace Paola.

Antropova played really nice.

She is the last problem for Italy. Leaving not only Paola, but every other girl is crime !

MAZZANTI OUT !!!!