2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Maybe other countries should develop women's volleyball more so the competition field is more level.

FIVB should do a better job in marketing women's volleyball then. All Volleyballworld post is the men's team of Japan. heck, they even did several posts on the photoshoots of the men's side while not a peep on the women's side. They have the platform so they should have more responsibility on this one.

• FIVB should do a better job in marketing women's volleyball then. All Volleyballworld post is the men's team of Japan. heck, they even did several posts on the photoshoots of the men's side while not a peep on the women's side. They have the platform so they should have more responsibility on this one.

yeah it's pretty weird. volleyball is one of the few sports that is more popular on the women's side and women get paid more at the top level.

• Loving VNL as always, it's anyones game

I think Japan is very close in solving that MB problem. I saw a post in Twitter they are a trying to naturalize a foreign player from philippines. 1.95cm, been playing in jvl for 4 seasons and heard she was doing well with Japanese system. Currently best MB in JVL. I think they also have another opposite naturalize player name valdes?. I am a fan of Japanese team and I am getting some updates. These 2 possible naturalize players might help Japanese more solid.

this will never happen. They would have done that from the very start if they wanted to. Add to that the "Japanese only" culture of Japan. They are purest. While other countries are embracing naturalized players for years, Japan has only came around to adding hafus in their rooster. Athletes with no Japanese blood will probably have zero chance.

• this will never happen. They would have done that from the very start if they wanted to. Add to that the "Japanese only" culture of Japan. They are purest. While other countries are embracing naturalized players for years, Japan has only came around to adding hafus in their rooster. Athletes with no Japanese blood will probably have zero chance.

I do see that Japanese prefer to have only Japanese players! But not sure if they are planning to change it now. JN committee invited her early Last month a meeting . This is per Twitter news and not sure if this is true. But she is in Japan now months before the league start to complete her yrs of residency.

She got offers in Brazil and Europe but she still considering change of citizenship to Japanese and play in Olympic. Again I just read this in Twitter, looks like she has fans active there.

• I do see that Japanese prefer to have only Japanese players! But not sure if they are planning to change it now. JN committee invited her early Last month a meeting . This is per Twitter news and not sure if this is true. But she is in Japan now months before the league start to complete her yrs of residency.

She got offers in Brazil and Europe but she still considering change of citizenship to Japanese and play in Olympic. Again I just read this in Twitter, looks like she has fans active there.

The naturalization process is very long. Even if she is naturalized today, she will still need to wait another 2 years before she can wear a JPN jersey. Which doesn't make sense for JPN to go the lengths of naturalizing her. It would be too late for Olympics and she's not that young. Is it really JPN committee that invited her? They also said that JPN offered for her to be naturalized when in fact it was only her coach. Probably so that she can play as a local and they can stack another foreign player.

• FIVB should do a better job in marketing women's volleyball then. All Volleyballworld post is the men's team of Japan. heck, they even did several posts on the photoshoots of the men's side while not a peep on the women's side. They have the platform so they should have more responsibility on this one.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt as though volleyballworld is posting 65% men's volleyball content

Edit: Correction, about 80% is content about men's volleyball :gone:

• I do see that Japanese prefer to have only Japanese players! But not sure if they are planning to change it now. JN committee invited her early Last month a meeting . This is per Twitter news and not sure if this is true. But she is in Japan now months before the league start to complete her yrs of residency.

Are you referring to Jaja Santiago from Ageo Medics? I can't find a single article where she even hints at naturalising in order to play for Japan.

Regarding non-Japanese players, since the last incompetent president was fired, the new president Shunichi Kawai vowed for a more diverse and inclusive system both in the NT and in V.League which has been backed up by the board of directors. No one expects Jaja but everyone is expecting Melissa Valdes, a Cuban OH currently with PFU. Stronger, faster, taller and overall better than Kurogo so if anyone should be called it should be her. And this isn't a one-sided thing either Japanese fans have come to accept this change as well hence the rise of mixed race and foreign players in their highschool tournaments.

• this will never happen. They would have done that from the very start if they wanted to. Add to that the "Japanese only" culture of Japan. They are purest. While other countries are embracing naturalized players for years, Japan has only came around to adding hafus in their rooster. Athletes with no Japanese blood will probably have zero chance.

HAFU is a derogatory term don't fucking use it

• This "Purist" idea is absolute nonsense, this isn't Saori's generation anymore. The men's team have hired a French coach what would prevent them from having a non-Japanese naturalized player for the NT should it benefit the team? Aki Momii is like 1/3 Japanese and she already played during Tokyo Olympics. Purist my ass.

• Are you referring to Jaja Santiago from Ageo Medics? I can't find a single article where she even hints at naturalising in order to play for Japan.

Regarding non-Japanese players, since the last incompetent president was fired, the new president Shunichi Kawai vowed for a more diverse and inclusive system both in the NT and in V.League which has been backed up by the board of directors. No one expects Jaja but everyone is expecting Melissa Valdes, a Cuban OH currently with PFU. Stronger, faster, taller and overall better than Kurogo so if anyone should be called it should be her. And this isn't a one-sided thing either Japanese fans have come to accept this change as well hence the rise of mixed race and foreign players in their

that's good to know. Although I don't see them doing a complete 360 all of a sudden. They included Miyabe (who isn't playing much) and she's half Japanese. She actually was included before but didn't play much either. Their core players are still all 100% Japanese. We'll sing praises for their inclusivity when we actually do see a naturalized player.

• This "Purist" idea is absolute nonsense, this isn't Saori's generation anymore. The men's team have hired a French coach what would prevent them from having a non-Japanese naturalized player for the NT should it benefit the team? Aki Momii is like 1/3 Japanese and she already played during Tokyo Olympics. Purist .

Until we see a truly naturalized player, then that's the time we can clap our hands for inclusivity points for Japan. Momii is Japanese passing. She blends in. A coach is different from a player.

• 16-man squad Türkiye to go to Canada

Setter:Cansu, Elif, Sıla
    OH:Meliha, Hande, Tuğba, Saliha
    MB:Eda, Zehra, Beyza, Bahar
    OPP:Meryem, Ebrar
    Libero:Simge, Ayça, Aylin