Eurovolley 2023

• I have nothing against Antropova. She is talented girl, for sure with the bright future! But… Egonu builded her legacy all this years and still after yesterday’s match was not bet on. Permanently benched by a completely new player in NT.
    Unbeliveable!

Manzatti, you are a fool!

• I think Italy put everything they got in Turkiye game, after losing the 4th set for that game, they are simple vanished, and they completely collapsed!!!

Now that you say it reminded me of Turkiye flopping in VNL and then getting demolished by the Serbian B-ish team for the 3rd place match, also in a sweep. Good news maybe for Italian fans is that resulted in Gio getting fired.

• I have nothing against Antropova. She is talented girl, for sure with the bright future! But… Egonu builded her legacy all this years and still after yesterday’s match was not bet on. Permanently benched by a completely new player in NT.
    Unbeliveable!

Manzatti, you are a fool!

Idk if he thinks he's pulling a Terzic Boskovic > Brakocevic moment or something, but the big difference was that Terzic picked up Boskovic was better, not just forcing her in hopes it will get him to a better place.

• Yea my first response was to realize how funny it looked, but I also noticed... There is A LOT of heartbreak in that smile.

Because despite the insane treatment she received, Paola cares about the maglia azzurra. The fact that the failure just showed to everybody that boycotting her is insane doesn't make yet another defeat any better.

By they way, just like friday, Mangifesta owned Mazzanti on national TV. Very small consolation prize.

• Congratulations to the Netherlands; it is a great rebuilding of the team, and they have started to achieve positive results now. Italy, on the other hand, seemed far from their performance last Friday. Honestly, I feel sorry for them as they have a group of many talented players. Either the federation does not seem to care about Eurovolley or should consider what to do with Mazzanti.

• This tournament tells the importance of hiring a good coach. The Dutch team’s improvement in all aspects, including maybe the most important one, their team cohesiveness, are so significant after hiring Felix. The team often looked dead and hopeless in Selinger’s time, and it happened exactly in the current Italian team, after Mazzanti created so much drama this summer. Everyone can tell something is wrong in this team simply by looking at the players’ attitudes and reactions on court.

• Congrats to Dutch!! However, I don’t believe this Dutch team could beat neither Italy on any other day, nor Poland for that matter.

At the end of the day only results matter imo, they ended up above them, hypothetical situations don't. It's not Netherlands fault Italy has problems within and with the coaches, in fact them getting Koslowski and getting to this result further proves their potential and team management to me.

• This tournament tells the importance of hiring a good coach. The Dutch team’s improvement in all aspects, including maybe the most important one, their team cohesiveness, are so significant after hiring Felix. The team often looked dead and hopeless in Selinger’s time, and it happened exactly in the current Italian team, after Mazzanti created so much drama this summer. Everyone can tell something is wrong in this team simply by looking at the players’ attitudes and reactions on court.

And Selinger, who's main mission was to raise the new generation, excluded both Van Aalen and Baijens from NT last summer. :cheesy:

• Idk if he thinks he's pulling a Terzic Boskovic > Brakocevic moment or something, but the big difference was that Terzic picked up Boskovic was better, not just forcing her in hopes it will get him to a better place.

All respect to Jovana who was one of the world’s best at the time but there’s a big difference between dropping her and dropping Egonu who is arguably the best OPP in history. Antropova doesn’t deserve any hate, she is a talented player who did her best and she will have a great future. But Egonu is Egonu.

Terzic was brave, Mazzanti was just stupid.

• :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I had to pause the game after 2 sets because my tablet needed to charge, so I was a bit behind with watching. Then EurovolleyTV's stream crashed down at 21-18 and once it worked again (after refreshing) I saw Laura giving an interview... Bit of an anti-climax, but YESSSSSSS:obey: Finally we end a tournament with a win, after those 2nd and 4th places all the time!

I'm so proud of this team:heart: they seem to play better ánd with more fun. Hope they can continue this at OQT!

• The Dutch team winning a medal and Mazzanti getting compromised - it really couldn't have gotten better than that, dream-case scenario actually.

To be honest, I thought the Netherlands will wait for the next great team after Sloetjes-generation a bit longer, so nice to see that I was wrong.