2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Korea, Japan and Thailand need to recruit and naturalize foreign players who are tall and strong. Asians (majority) do not have the height and built - physically weaker. They have to exert extra efforts, so they will get tired quicker. Naturalization is the way to go to make the playing field more fair then.

Korea will never do that. Japan doesn't need to do that and Thailand will eventually get it together as they usually do. I wouldn't even worry about Thailand.

Mayu Ishikawa, Hayashi and their new op that no one cares about aren't physically weaker just because they're shorter.

• Korea will never do that. Japan doesn't need to do that and Thailand will eventually get it together as they usually do. I wouldn't even worry about Thailand.

Mayu Ishikawa, Hayashi and their new op that no one cares about aren't physically weaker just because they're shorter.

Koreans are tall anyways (well, tall enough)

• 10 matches have been played between Asian and European teams in second week and 9/10 had been won by European teams. :drink:

• Korea, Japan and Thailand need to recruit and naturalize foreign players who are tall and strong.

Korea will never do that.

Well recently there was a naturalized 195cm Mongolian (now Korean) player - Orkhon/Erhung, who was drafted to the Korean club AI Peppers so, it's not "never".

She's the tallest ever 'domestic' player to play in the league, but there's honestly nothing special though about her aside from her height.

And it's not that Korea has no players but they banished their two best players (of the current generation) and the other players retired early and no longer want to play. With them they could've at least won at least 2 matches, possibly more.

• Korea, Japan and Thailand need to recruit and naturalize foreign players who are tall and strong.

Yeah, let's make club competition out of national team volleyball. Obviously, this is something others do from time to time, so no criticism towards Asians if they follow the pattern, but nevertheless it's funny how contradictory are such statements with the whole idea of national team competition.

• Korea, Japan and Thailand need to recruit and naturalize foreign players who are tall and strong. Asians (majority) do not have the height and built - physically weaker. They have to exert extra efforts, so they will get tired quicker. Naturalization is the way to go to make the playing field more fair then.

Where is honor in that ^^

Also i cannot imagine some tall physically strong player play in Thailand fast system

• Yeah, let's make club competition out of national team volleyball. Obviously, this is something others do from time to time, so no criticism towards Asians if they follow the pattern, but nevertheless it's funny how contradictory are such statements with the whole idea of national team competition.

what's contradictory about it? does every member of the national team has to be ethnically homogenous to be considered a national team?

• what's contradictory about it? does every member of the national team has to be ethnically homogenous to be considered a national team?

This comment is so sick.

They dont talk about some player who are born in other country, or serbian born in japan for example.

Conversation is about grow up players, signed in just for volleyball, without other connection with new country.

• what's contradictory about it? does every member of the national team has to be ethnically homogenous to be considered a national team?

I guess not, but to openly say that ''we're/they're inferior to other national teams, so we/they have to take players from other countries to be more competitive'' is contradictory to the idea of national teams competition.

• This comment is so sick.

They dont talk about some player who are born in other country, or serbian born in japan for example.

Conversation is about grow up players, signed in just for volleyball, without other connection with new country.

chill. when you can't take questions on your comments, socia groups are not for you. why so prickly over a simple question?

and my comment stands. what's wrong with people signing up to another country just for volleyball?

it's not like FIVB made it easy for players to do so.

• What kind of ridiculous debate is this even, someone that's shorter than someone else isn't physically inferior to them anyway, yea maybe the few inches helps them hit the ball better in volleyball :lol: maybe they are too slow or not agile enough for another sport or maybe they all have another talent idk.

Y'all should be a bit careful with your wording imo or be more specific because what I'm reading is really looking ridiculous now.

• Otoh I hope Orkhon becomes better, I would love to see a Mongolian (to be Korean) player on the big stages. She seems to have the Korean nationality already.

Does she also have to wait 2 years to be able to play in the NT (if she is good enough)

• Otoh I hope Orkhon becomes better, I would love to see a Mongolian (to be Korean) player on the big stages. She seems to have the Korean nationality already.

Does she also have to wait 2 years to be able to play in the NT (if she is good enough)

no, if she hasn't represented the mongolian senior NT, there is no wait.

• What kind of ridiculous debate is this even, someone that's shorter than someone else isn't physically inferior to them anyway, yea maybe the few inches helps them hit the ball better in volleyball :lol: maybe they are too slow or not agile enough for another sport or maybe they all have another talent idk.

Y'all should be a bit careful with your wording imo or be more specific because what I'm reading is really looking ridiculous now.

or maybe people shouldn't be too emotional about something that is objective. there's a reason why the top 3 teams have always been tall for majority of the volleyball history. and yes, a sport that favors tall people, being short does make one physically inferior (for the most part).

now that teams are evolving and with the introduction of the libero position, the Japanese defense is no longer a far fetched skill in european teams.

• The Women’s VNL week 2 has ended but another tournament has just started ...the 2023 AVC Challenge Cup, taking place in Indonesia from June 18-26.

A thread has been started Here

The significance of this tournament is that the winner will represent AVC in the FIVB Challenger Cup (in Laval France, July 22-30) And the winner there will be promoted to VNL 2024 :cheesy:

just came across this gem of a photo :heart: (c: Bóng Chuyền Việt Nam FB)

After their match yesterday, the Vietnamese and Mongolian players and coaches took a photo together. :)