2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• bummed about Asian teams. they were so much better last year. most teams they're up against have the same players too. so something's off with these Asians.

You think they all have the same issue bcs they belong to AVC? 😂

Thailand's OH game is wack besides Chatchu-On currently. They also became very tired bcs of the schedule.

Japan doesn't have major issues I think, just not improved too much from last year which can happen.

China's OHs are not giving Zhu x Zhang power but overall they look very good still I'd say, just lacking their Rio era dominance which is because the team changed and Zhu and Zhang aren't really playing anymore.

• chill. :cheesy: you're seeing things where there is none:lol:

but yea. probably the rice isn't cooking well lately.

• Btw I didn't even pay attention to the standings until today! Germany is 3rd place wow.

I do hope Thailand picks things back up, maybe my favorite team to watch. They might not be the most successful team, but imo they are the most influential team for the sport in the last decade. So many teams are inspired by them, the two biggest and most successful clubs in the world are taken notes from them... (Vakif x Conegliano) would love to see some return for them.

• Btw I didn't even pay attention to the standings until today! Germany is 3rd place wow.

But there is still a chance they won't make it to F8.

They need to win one of the remaining games to secure their spot. They will play against: Poland, Serbia and USA.

Serbia will play against China, Germany, Dom Rep and Bulgaria. If they win it all and Germany loses 3 games, Serbia most likely makes it to F8.

• But there is still a chance they won't make it to F8.

They need to win one of the remaining games to secure their spot. They will play against: Poland, Serbia and USA.

Serbia will play against China, Germany, Dom Rep and Bulgaria. If they win it all and Germany loses 3 games, Serbia most likely makes it to F8.

It depends on Italy results aswell - if Italy only wins 2, Germany is still ahead unless Italy loses in the tie break in the other two games and Germany loses their last three games 3-0/3-1

• But there is still a chance they won't make it to F8.

Yes, but there is still Japan and Italy who are in even worse position than Germany.

• the most influential team for the sport in the last decade

They're carrying the banner of combination volleyball, and also the joy they play with. All the commentators love them too

• The coach of Thailand is not good at training imo, especially serving. Due to height, there is always some disadvantage on the net for these Thai girls but you could maximize your threat from serving line even you are short. Good serving leads to easier block-defense and more chance of taking breakpoints. Japan and even Korea are aware of this, both have good serving relatively. But most Thai players have weak serving (less threat as well as errors) . They had 0 ace against Knollema-Daalderop duo.

• Maximum Possible Wins and Points

Position, Team, Current Record, Points (Maximum Wins, Points)

1. POL 7-1, 20 (11-1, 32)

2. USA 7-1, 19 (11-1, 31), Qualified as Finals Host

3. GER 7-2, 19 (10-2, 28)

4. TUR 6-2, 19 (10-2, 31)

5. CHN 6-2, 18 (10-2, 30)

6. BRA 6-2, 18 (10-2, 30)

7. JPN 5-3, 16 (9-3, 28)

8. ITA 5-3, 12 (9-3, 24)

---Top 7 + Host to Finals---

9. CAN 4-5, 13 (7-5, 25)

10. NED 3-6, 11 (6-6, 20)

11. SRB 3-5, 10 (7-5, 22)

12. DOM 3-6, 7 (6-6, 16)

13. THA 2-7, 8 (5-7, 17)

14. BUL 2-7, 8 (5-7, 17)

15. CRO 2-7, 6 (5-7, 15)

16. KOR 0-9, 0 (3-9, 9), Eliminated

Clinching Scenarios on Wednesday

USA, Clinched as Finals Hosts

POL, Clinch with WIN vs. USA

Elimination Scenarios on Wednesday

THA, BUL, CRO are eliminated with JPN AND ITA WINS. Teams cannot reach 6 wins, while JPN AND ITA would reach 6 wins.

• Those 30 second rallies kill some players :what: