2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• was he wrong at that time though?

also, majority of players in his club are still Italians and the club is stationed in Italy. he only speaks English when needed and I'm sure fluency was not required so no, he isn't passing IELTS by any means. he isn't fluent. and it's not fair to demand language nuance from someone like him.

Theres no passing on the IELTS unless a uni sets a score for you to get in.

• I actually completely forgot, quick reminder please?

Santarelli has a history of talking trash about Brazil NT, from not including them in top 5 favourites to win WCH 22 to complitely disregarding the possibility of them beating Italy in semi-finals and talked about Serbia-Italy game for the finals lol

This, it was a hot topic on social media last year, especially after Brazil beat Italy in semifinals

• I think you took wrong target. I agree with Santa and I see that he said what he wanted to say.

You want to tell me that Santarelli doesn’t speak English fluently and has vocabulary gaps in vball terms?

"they don't have quality" is not a volleyball technical term. it's a limited descriptive vocabulary on his part. he could have said it better for sure. but still, he wasn't wrong at that time. it's an objective assessment.

• This, it was a hot topic on social media last year, especially after Brazil beat Italy in semifinals

I mean i know that, but were there real beef among him and Ze/Brazilians on training?

• Well quality means if players are good or not. Performance is what they show in current moment.

Carol and Gabi have extreme quality, but didnt show up today, didnt play very good, that doesnt mean they lack quality

Santarelli has a history of talking trash about Brazil NT, from not including them in top 5 favourites to win WCH 22 to complitely disregarding the possibility of them beating Italy in semi-finals and talked about Serbia-Italy game for the finals lol

Disagree.

I remember VNL 2022 and “not on Carol” when she was just phenomenal and I still consider her as a great player, one of the best. The same Gabi and others. But today Brazil has no quality, this team doesn’t play a good volleyball and saying that the team has quality when plays bad just because individual players are very good is just a lie.

Today Brazil has no quality, maybe they will have it on the Finals, maybe during OQ (because it’s their main goal) but not today.

• oh please. this is childish at best. everybody knows that this match doesn't invalidate their quality as players. Santerelli knows that too. the Brazilians know that too. he was talking about their quality DURING THE MATCH. why are people failing to see that? people are so overly dramatic and obtuse.

Because the last thing I would want to hear from volleyball coach about Serbian players is “they dont have quality” or “they lack quality”.. Context doesnt matter. Eventhough this isnt about Serbian players, its disrespectful toward Brazilian ones imo.

I mean, everyone can interpret it as they like, I just stated my opinion

• I don’t know if Santarelli is cocky or not, but you have to give him the credit that is due to him. He was masterful in terms of game management. For example, I was very impressed when he put Hande in late in the first set then he realized he made a mistake in just couple of minutes, and he took her out and that saved the first set. He also communicates and motivates his players very well. I believe Turkiye found a gem!!

• Because the last thing I would want to hear from volleyball coach about Serbian players is “they dont have quality” or “they lack quality”.. Context doesnt matter. Eventhough this isnt about Serbian players, its disrespectful toward Brazilian ones imo.

I mean, everyone can interpret it as they like, I just stated my opinion

of course context matters. it defines the intentions of the comment. being told that a team is not performing well is not an insult. just because they are good individually doesn't mean they can't have bad games from time to time. and at this moment, he was right. Brazil had no quality. people just blew a comment describing one thing in particular and made it seem like he's speaking in general about Brazil.

• Anyway as much as Santareli is cocky, disrespectful, irritating i disagree that he actually has something specificaly against Brazil, indeed it is his own mechanism and he wants to reflect that on his players whichever opponent is on the other side. I mean when he succed in that (to reflect his whole energy not just that cocky part), in that case we are calling that "good vibes" when he gets demolished by 19yo OH pair he is amateurish coach, so yeah perspective and outcome is everything. But that is his way and he takes that risk.

• next DOM match so early tomorrow after a late five setter match

Yeah i was like, why we are playing next match so soon(because we will watch 2 games in one day in europe), and than i realize, dominikana didn't played their match yet lol.

Shedule is ridiculous, i dont know why we and dominicana playing at 10:30 am local time.

• of course context matters. it defines the intentions of the comment. being told that a team is not performing well is not an insult. just because they are good individually doesn't mean they can't have bad games from time to time. and at this moment, he was right. Brazil had no quality. people just blew a comment describing one thing in particular and made it seem like he's speaking in general about Brazil.

With that I agree, but he wasnt talking about performance, at least thats not what he said

I dont think he meant “Brazil is village team” but thats kinda what he said, and you are just interpreting it as you like, as if “thats not what he meant”.. I dont care what he meant, what he said is disrespectful towards Brazilian players IMO.

And thats it, it really isn’t necessary to talk about it further. We can agree to disagree :win:

• "they don't have quality" is not a volleyball technical term. it's a limited descriptive vocabulary on his part. he could have said it better for sure. but still, he wasn't wrong at that time. it's an objective assessment.

Give him some slack guys. He has 1 minute to give tactics and motivation. I’d blunder or use shortcuts in my mother tongue too. It would be nice for him to show some gesture to ease the tensions though.

• I'm countering with sth positive on him: multiple times during the match when a player fell or dug on the sides, he went on his knees during the rally wiping the floor to avoid slippery areas:drink:

(I noticed a couple of times in the third set, Ebrar falling backwards and he was ready as soon as she got up he was wiping the floor)

• Not getting too much into this subject, but, Santarelli mean what he said, he didn't said "Brazil is lacking quality" or "Brazil is missing quality", could be even "Brazil's performance in reception today it's not that good", maybe, but that's the way he thinks it's best to envolve his players and awake them, challenge them, who knows. I honestly dislike, don't think it's fair with a whole group of players, who, despite their game not being the best, it's workers who are there giving something despite everything.

Getting into the game, there are several gaps in our game plan, but especially in harmony, the team looks heavy, unbalanced, girls are apathetic, miscommunication much more than usual. Yes, I think Brazil is missing Ana Cristina, but still, how can we justify these things? I feel the team tired, but I also think that there's some mental problem there, who still not let them change the key and believe they can turn some situation and for some reasons, especially because of her words, I feel Gabi might need to settle her guidance to something better than this coaching stuff about winning mentality .

• Not getting too much into this subject, but, Santarelli mean what he said, he didn't said "Brazil is lacking quality" or "Brazil is missing quality", could be even "Brazil's performance in reception today it's not that good", maybe, but that's the way he thinks it's best to envolve his players and awake them, challenge them, who knows. I honestly dislike, don't think it's fair with a whole group of players, who, despite their game not being the best, it's workers who are there giving something despite everything.

Getting into the game, there are several gaps in our game plan, but especially in harmony, the team looks heavy, unbalanced, girls are apathetic, miscommunication much more than usual. Yes, I think Brazil is missing Ana Cristina, but still, how can we justify these things? I feel the team tired, but I also think that there's some mental problem there, who still not let them change the key and believe they can turn some situation and for some reasons, especially because of her words, I feel Gabi might need to settle her guidance to something better than this coaching stuff about winning mentality .

bingo. just before the audio was cut, he was saying something about Brazil's reception. He wasn't saying Brazil lacked quality in general. because everybody knows thats not true. they're one of the top teams for a reason. He even acknowleged Carol's blocking power before ("no on Carol").

this year was surely unpredictable. China lost to DOM, Thailand losing more games than expected, Brazil faltering....