2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Lmfao. Yea wcs = VNL. That’s why Italy sent nobody and Serbia didn’t send Boskovic till week 3. Do you even Hear yourself ? Even lavarini after winning bronze that VNL is a chance for the medium teams to do well while top teams get people experience….

Italy didn't send Egonu because she asked for off-time after what happened

• With Guidetti Turkey also would win VNL because since that season plays Vargas and She changed a lot.

Turkey lost to Poland and USA easily when Hande played in early rounds and we had a more Gio type of roster, who knows. I don't think so. He would never rotate so much lol

• I am sure they won’t give them any trouble - official business.
    Besides, Vietnam used to be a French colony.🙂

OT:

I was in Southeast Asia last year and I spent about ten days in Vietnam: as an Italian citizen, for stays of less than 15 days I didn't have to get a visa and the same goes for the French, English, Germans and (I think) Spaniards... Evidently for the Vietnamese to go out is much more complicated than for us to enter...

• maybe 5G not allowed but 4T shouldn’t have any problems.......:)

You told me about 5G before...is it something about electricity? or was it bra sizes? I forgot exactly what :(

What would a 5G bra size look like =O

• Sebastian Swiderski ( president of the Polish federation ) criticized the way Volleyball World organized the ceremony after the final games, he said that it's an example of how to ruin an important volleyball event. He mostly didn't like the fact that Polish players got their medals immediately after the game and they couldn't celebrate on podium with 2 other teams. He also said that when Poland hosted the World Championships last year he heard from Volleyball World that ,,here in Poland we are unable to properly conduct medal ceremonies" because they carried out a traditional decoration with 3 teams on the podium after the final game :gone:

• Unfortunately we have to accept that FIVB is pushing hard to make the VNL the most important event of all, even if we hate it.

• Unfortunately we have to accept that FIVB is pushing hard to make the VNL the most important event of all, even if we hate it.

Yeah. Actually, when I started to follow volleyball (let's say ~2004-2008 period), I loved these summer editions of male World League, I didn't have a constant internet access and had like 4 TV channels at home, this is probably a reason why I'm here right now - so I'm not against this concept itself even though players don't like so big amount of games, but I'm well-aware how great job these commercial events made for FIVB and volleyball in their growth since Ruben Acosta took the office. But it makes a grotesque out of proportion now when it's more beneficial ranking-wise to win all the VNL games than WCH or Olympic Games (lol), and the consequence as for now is 2nd-tier teams (female Poland, male Slovenia or Japan) playing it seriously due to OQ rules, with top-tier teams still having a so-so approach, and FIVB rankings completely ruined as any indication of results in last few years (with all due respect to Turkey).

From 2025, with shorter WCH in biannual version, still with those rigged FIVB rankings, we'll get this awkward formula even enhanced, I can imagine team X playing with B roster VNL in 2025 and winning WCH, and yet ending up with a worse FIVB ranking. :D Yet, with new OQ rules, relevance of continental championships in 2026 and WCH in 2027 will be bigger than now, but these 2nd-tier teams still won't be able to take VNL lightly as rankings still matters for Olympic qualification. Why this has to be so messy from standpoint of logic. :hit:

• brazilian fand are saying it could repeat the same of 2008

2007: an inexpressive average team that never won anything on international stage arrived at their first championship

Brazil was criticized and losing many finals in a row

2008:brazil was olympic champion

2023:an inexpressive average team that never won anything on international stage arrived at their first championship

2024:?

• Brazil in '07 had already couple of WGP won with extremely close WCH final lost on couple of possessions (wasn't it 13-11 in a tiebreak or smth?) with ridiculous talent pool.

This Brazil can be great in Paris, but it's really hard to compare those teams, Brazil '08 is on par with peak Cuba as the most dominant team in the history of female volleyball, this WGP-Beijing OG run might be the greatest single-team dominance in the history.

• Brazil in '07 had already couple of WGP won with extremely close WCH final lost on couple of possessions (wasn't it 13-11 in a tiebreak or smth?) with ridiculous talent pool.

This Brazil can be great in Paris, but it's really hard to compare those teams, Brazil '08 is on par with peak Cuba as the most dominant team in the history of female volleyball, this WGP-Beijing OG run might be the greatest single-team dominance in the history.

Yeah I speak about netherlands on 07 and then brazil in 07 was criticized by media and fans

• Sebastian Swiderski ( president of the Polish federation ) criticized the way Volleyball World organized the ceremony after the final games, he said that it's an example of how to ruin an important volleyball event. He mostly didn't like the fact that Polish players got their medals immediately after the game and they couldn't celebrate on podium with 2 other teams. He also said that when Poland hosted the World Championships last year he heard from Volleyball World that ,,here in Poland we are unable to properly conduct medal ceremonies" because they carried out a traditional decoration with 3 teams on the podium after the final game :gone:

and I agree with him fo 100%! 3rd place is also very important for players like we saw how polish players are even cry for happines and I think that 3 teams should celebrate together on 3 podiums like it was in the past. Situation with Eda was so embrassing by FIVB:down:

• OT:

I was in Southeast Asia last year and I spent about ten days in Vietnam: as an Italian citizen, for stays of less than 15 days I didn't have to get a visa and the same goes for the French, English, Germans and (I think) Spaniards... Evidently for the Vietnamese to go out is much more complicated than for us to enter...

That's why they are called powerful passports :)

• Lmfao. Yea wcs = VNL. That’s why Italy sent nobody and Serbia didn’t send Boskovic till week 3. Do you even Hear yourself ? Even lavarini after winning bronze that VNL is a chance for the medium teams to do well while top teams get people experience….

Read my message again without your angry biased glasses. It says vnl is getting more and more important. The fact that Serbia FAILED to reach even quarterfinals doesnt mean it is not an important tournament. It gives so much world ranking point, what part do you struggle to understand? Even your team played with full roster except Boskovic missed first two weeks. It is not like Serbia played with their backup players.😂