Japan Women's NT 2023

• Rewatched all their matches. I have to say Koga really overexerts herself. When Saori was captain she was pretty detached with the whole idea that she is the captain. When Araki was captain, she was more concerned with the mental aspect of the team. But with Koga I think it gets to her head that she has to do so much on the court and not in a good way.

I hate to say it but "Jack of all trades, Master of none" is the best way to describe her performance this VNL.

Seki doesn't match this squad at all. I don't know who she's trying to have the best chemistry with but I didn't see her bring out anyone's potential which is what makes Wada's strength all the more impressive.

• I hate to say it but "Jack of all trades, Master of none" is the best way to describe her performance this VNL.

She had her moments and I'm not questioning that she can carry a team but they were mostly against weaker opponents. Mayu, Wada, Hayashi are the ones who shine the most in critical matches needing that extra push. She definitely didn't do anything for them during the match with Turkey.

• Rewatched all their matches. I have to say Koga really overexerts herself. When Saori was captain she was pretty detached with the whole idea that she is the captain. When Araki was captain, she was more concerned with the mental aspect of the team. But with Koga I think it gets to her head that she has to do so much on the court and not in a good way.

I hate to say it but "Jack of all trades, Master of none" is the best way to describe her performance this VNL.

Seki doesn't match this squad at all. I don't know who she's trying to have the best chemistry with but I didn't see her bring out anyone's potential which is what makes Wada's strength all the more impressive.

must be hard to live up to someone like Saori for Koga. that seems to be pressure that comes with being the "ace", specially as the captain too.

• She had her moments and I'm not questioning that she can carry a team but they were mostly against weaker opponents. Mayu, Wada, Hayashi are the ones who shine the most in critical matches needing that extra push. She definitely didn't do anything for them during the match with Turkey.

hasnt it always been like that? when has koga ever led japan close to victory? never. it was mayu who gave them momentum last year while koga was recovering her fucked up ankle. you guys are over here calling me a hater but the only major feat koga has done so far is marrying nishida. she doesn't even have any achievements to back up her being an ace. those are the cold facts.

• hasnt it always been like that? when has koga ever led japan close to victory? never. it was mayu who gave them momentum last year while koga was recovering her fucked up ankle. you guys are over here calling me a hater but the only major feat koga has done so far is marrying nishida. she doesn't even have any achievements to back up her being an ace. those are the cold facts.

a little too far. USA don't have a single defiing player like Bosco for Serbia. much like Japan. Koga has her moments and fit the piece of a team. she doesn't have to be THE team. you sound like a hater for sure.

• I wish Koga would try to challenge herself in a major league it could sharpen her skills, take it up a notch. That's one of the big advantages of the men's team. Experiencing a different team, system, and style can make or break a good player.

Yuki Ishikawa is extremely versatile because he switches up his game. Incorporating whatever he learned in Italy while still giving it that Japanese style. I'm sure some of you have seen how he adds new twists to the men's play every year. Even those decoy traps and him setting is different every time. He can play any position at this point.

• Please make a pretty list sitenoise :lol:

2023 U19 Women's World Championship Squad

Name Name School / Year
    Height Position

1 Riri Kasai

笠井季璃

Asahikawa Business 3

OH

2 Niina Kumagai (C)

熊谷仁依奈

Tsukuba 1 Uni

S

3 Miku Akimoto

秋本美空

Kyoei Gakuen 2

OH/S

4 Sae Omori

大森咲愛

Kinrankai 2

OH

5 Kokoro Hidaka

日髙心

Sonoda Gakuen 1 Uni

S

6 Cindy Chisom Ndigwe

平野シアラ

Hachioji Jissen 3

OH

7 Rin Nishikawa

西川凜

Kinrankai 2

L

8 Ichiyo Ito

井野麻彩

Riseisha 3

MB

9 Mio Tashiro

田代澪

Tsuchiura Nihon 3

OH

10 Maya Ino

井野麻彩

Riseisha 3

OH/OP

11 Mio Kitagawa

北川美桜

Matsuyama Shinonome 2

MB

12 Shiori Yamauchi

山内志織

Sundai Gakuen 2

OH

Four players here -- #s 8, 9, 10, 12 -- were not in any of the previous Training Camps, never heard of them, no volleybox entries. Two of them, #s 8 & 10, are from a HS, Riseisha, I've never heard of. They've never played in the Haruko that I know of, because I have no volleybox entry for them. The school is in Osaka, which means they'd have to get past Kinrankai, I guess. But Osaka gets more than one spot, so I dunno. There is an article about Kinrankai beating them for the right to participate in Haruko last year, so they're close

Of those four new players, only #9 Mio Tashiro played in the JR All Stars. Since #8 Ichiyo Ito is one of only two middle blockers she's likely in the starting lineup. No pressure on the noob

• Since #8 Ichiyo Ito is one of only two middle blockers she's likely in the starting lineup. No pressure on the noob

Cindy Ndigwe is listed as an MB in the JVA announcement, so there’s 3 of them atleast :lol: Ndigwe is also the substitute MB in the Asian U18 last year with Kitagawa and Baba as main MBs. I expect Kitagawa and Ndigwe to start this time.

Some backward movements…last year’s U20 Niina Kumagai is not in the U21 unlike her teammates but is here at U19 as Captain. Last year’s U18 Baba played U16 this month 😅

• What in the Key Alves is going on with Nagaoka's Instagram? She already reached 200K even without marrying a male volleyball player or having a sibling in the men's team dzzang

I will say the reasoning for her growth to 200k will be that she had been a popular player on the national team prior to the injuries with he knees.

She has fought so hard to get her body back to playing shape. It is not hard to see people going don’t give up and seeing her not giving up. After multiple years of work off the court. She is a very different person because of the grind to get back on the court and let alone with the national team during VNL this year. Before she was a little cold, but so many smiles now even when off the court now.

• Since the VNL season is already finished for Hinotori, here's a summary of the OH/OPPs (atleast for the stats I can see at VNL volleystation)

SPIKING:

1. WADA - 46% kills, 22% efficiency (187 attempts)

2. HAYASHI - 43% kills, 29% efficiency (242 attempts)

3. KOGA - 36% kills, 23% efficiency (486 attempts)

4. INOUE - 35% kills, 24% efficiency (282 attempts)

5. NAGAOKA - 34% kills, 22% efficiency (67 attempts)

6. ISHIKAWA - 34% kills, 17% efficiency (200 attempts)

BLOCKING (kill blocks per set):

1. KOGA - 0.38 / set

2. NAGAOKA - 0.30 / set

3. WADA - 0.17 / set

4. ISHIKAWA - 0.11 / set

5. INOUE - 0.10 / set

6. HAYASHI - 0.07 / set

RECEIVING:

1. HAYASHI - 65% positive, 32% perfect (144 attempts)

2. ISHIKAWA - 54% positive, 27% perfect (112 attempts)

3. KOGA - 48% positive, 21% perfect (185 attempts)

4. WADA - 45% positive, 14% perfect (22 attempts)

5. INOUE - 39% positive, 15% perfect (82 attempts)

* NAGAOKA - not part of receiving pattern

SERVING (aces per set):

1. KOGA - 0.38 / set

2. ISHIKAWA - 0.29 / set

3. INOUE - 0.16 / set

4. NAGAOKA - 0.10 / set

5. WADA - 0.09 / set

6. HAYASHI - 0.05 / set

• Here's for the Middle Blockers

SPIKING:

1. ARAKI - 48% kills, 40% efficiency (102 attempts)

2. YAMADA - 42% kills, 33% efficiency (120 attempts)

3. MIYABE - 40% kills, 34% efficiency (53 attempts)

4. IRISAWA - 35% kills, 7% efficiency (43 attempts)

BLOCKING (kill blocks per set):

1. MIYABE - 0.80 / set

2. YAMADA - 0.46 / set

3. ARAKI - 0.39 / set

4. IRISAWA - 0.16 / set

SERVING (aces per set):

1. IRISAWA - 0.12 / set

2. ARAKI - 0.11 / set

3. YAMADA - 0.10 / set

4. MIYABE - 0.07 / set

Here's for the liberos

RECEIVING:

1. FUKUDOME - 58% positive, 22% perfect (37 attempts)

2. NISHIMURA - 56% positive, 22% perfect (308 attempts)