Japan Women's NT 2023

• I tried to watch Mayu but all I see is Lina Alsmeier. The 2 girls have no chemistry as teammates much to my chagrin. Mayu is not yet at a point where she's struggling because of the other side's middles. Hopefully she'll realize something a move or 2 to get past that. Nishida never figured it out while he was there

Here is current stats after 5 games played ita league. Ishikawa is doing very good.

1. Akimova, 113 pts

2. Mingardi, 100 pts

3. Ishikawa, 87 pts

4. Antropova, 86 pts

5. Haak, 85 pts

6. Egonu, 84 pts

7. Lorrayna, 82 pts

8. Smarzek, 81 pts

9. Ungureanu, 78 pts

10. Plak, 77 pts

11. Alsmeier, 74 pts

12. Zhu Ting, 72 pts

13. Bici, 67 pts

14. Davyskiba, 67 pts

15. Maja Storck, 66 pts

Effectivity in attack (at least 45 attack pts)

1. Akimova, 56.2%

2. Egonu, 50.4%

3. Haak, 50.0%

4. Ishikawa, 46.8%

5. Stigrot, 44.6%

6. Zhu Ting, 43.9%

7. Smarzek, 42.6%

7. Anne Bujis, 42.6%

9. Ungureanu 42.0%

10. Storck, 41.4%

10. Caterina Bosetti, 41.4%

12. Antropova, 41.1%

• that is kill % not efficiency.

hitting percentage (kills minus errors minus blocks divided by swings)

Ishikawa is at 32.7%
    still a fair percentage for an outside hitter

• of course it's not wrong to be pretty. but it is sad when people notice it more than one's skills.

nah that's an ugly person problem. why do you think the players first to reach millions of followers are all the prettier ones. if japan had conventionally beautiful and young players in their team they wouldn't be struggling with popularity

• If the major trend of not wearing knee pads, from high school players up to the V.League, migrates to the NT I'm calling the cops

• Lots of good vibes here. Thanks. :obey:

This no knee pads trend bad vibes me. Maybe a middle blocker is acceptable because they don't dive a lot but would you get good vibes from a libero with no knee pads? Yikes :white:

• U17 Japan national team candidates training camp

# Name

Name 氏名

Height

Position

School Yr

1 Yuzuki Baba

馬場柚希

OH/MB

Kinrankai 1

2 Aileen Kotone McAllister

マクアリスター アイリーン 心寧

OH/OP

Yokohama Hayato 1

3 Hikari Kudo

工藤光莉

OH

Hirakawa City Jr 3

4 Isano Takeda

武田維乃

OH/OP

Kasamatsu Jr 3

5 Rion Chuganji

忠願寺莉桜

OH/OP/S

Taneda Minami Jr 3

6 Yuna Matsuo

松尾侑和

OH

Miyanojin Jr 3

7 Riho Miyajima

宮嶌里歩

OH/MB

Bunkyo Gakuin Jr 3

8 Miki Yoshii

吉井美樹

OH

Oshioka Jr 3

9 Kaori Yonetani

米谷かおり

OH

Hachioji Jr 3

10 Aoi Honda

本田葵

OH/OP

Kumamoto Jr 2

11 Rio Watanabe

渡邉梨央

OH

Osaka Int. Jr 2

12 Aina Mizokami

溝上愛那

MB

Hikami 1

13 Kaho Kono

紅野花歩

MB

Hachioji Jr 3

14 Mahiro Sato

佐藤まひろ

S

Omori 7th Jr 3

15 Hagumi Yoshimura

𠮷村はぐみ

S

Seibu Jr 3

16 Kazuakura Yoshida

吉田和桜

S

Kinrankai Jr 2

17 Kokoro Semba

仙波こころ

L

Shujitsu 1

18 Hanayui Ono

小野花結

L

Kinrankai Jr 1

The girls with links played in the Asian U16

• Mayu Ishikawa's interview regarding her Italian League experience:

https://en.volleyballworld.com…hrough-adversity-in-italy

VW: How do you expect this season in Italy to help you prepare for the 2024 international season with Team Japan, in which you’re going to try to qualify for Paris in the VNL? What aspects of your game do you expect to improve with the season in Italy?

Mayu: Playing in an unfamiliar environment will require a lot from me in terms of motivation and toughness, so I believe that the mental aspect of my game will be strengthened. Technical-wise, the fact that I’ll be consistently playing against taller opponents will help me adapt to it and strategies that work to score against them here will certainly help when I’m with the national team too.

• Mayu Ishikawa's interview regarding her Italian League experience:

https://en.volleyballworld.com…hrough-adversity-in-italy

Ishikawa might be the Japanese player who adapted the best in playing European style volleyball. Even saori who is a legend, didn't make the same impact while she was playing in turkey

• Ishikawa might be the Japanese player who adapted the best in playing European style volleyball. Even saori who is a legend, didn't make the same impact while she was playing in turkey

Back then Saori was not as needed by both Vakif and Galatasaray when they already had a top starting lineup while in Firenze Mayu's skills are very much needed by the team.

• If it isn't obvious yet Mayu is Mizuno's exclusive model until the end of the season. Mizuno dropped Saga and NEC since nobody knows who Nishimura and Araki are and I assume they didn't take Koga since they failed to qualify in OQT. If you saw their last NT post no one was even cheering for the women's team it was mostly for Dominican Republic.

• Back then Saori was not as needed by both Vakif and Galatasaray when they already had a top starting lineup while in Firenze Mayu's skills are very much needed by the team.

It would be great to see her continue playing in Italy so that the women's team can also have a representative playing in a big league. Even better if she's able to make her way to any of the top a1 teams. That would change her world entirely.