USA - Pro Volleyball Federation 2023-2024

• Two foreigners per team is the rule, Puerto Ricans are locals.

Playoff format hasn’t been determined. They want to work together so it’s not long, drawn out and risking player exhausting

Europe (and Puerto Rico lol) should take notes…

• Europe (and Puerto Rico lol) should take notes…

You can't compare that league with europeans league :D

Many international leagues have 12-14 teams playing against each other. Plus, there are additional competitions like european cups or national cup. That means they need to play at least 1-2 games every week. That's why the season preparations usually starts in August and the league ends in May.

And the most important thing - playing volleyball is the only job for most players/coaches/staff memebers.

• You can't compare that league with europeans league :D

Many international leagues have 12-14 teams playing against each other. Plus, there are additional competitions like european cups or national cup. That means they need to play at least 1-2 games every week. That's why the season preparations usually starts in August and the league ends in May.

And the most important thing - playing volleyball is the only job for most players/coaches/staff memebers.

I was just talking about stupid playoff formats lol

you don’t need best of five series or playouts for teams 5-16 lol

• you don’t need best of five series or playouts for teams 5-16 lol

I know, but you do that if you have TV coverage and make a profit from that.

• needs more 64 teams, single elimination knock out

March Madness is the only way to go :box::box:

• I think the rosters on the first page are updated.

Kaitlyn Hord (Alba Blaj) and Rainelle Jones (Pinerolo) are going to Columbus.

Sounds like Atlanta wants to sign Anna Lazareva (time to be a SB Community feeder league lol)

• Shara Venegas is joining one of the teams (I'd assume Columbus)

There's only going to be 7 teams so start the first season.

They have three already lined up for 2025 (Dallas plus two others)

Omaha unveiled their branding... meh

logo.svg

• The Olympians are joining LOVB. that starts in 2025.

Could I perhaps ask you why the Olympians are joining LOVB but not Pro Volleyball League?

Understood from another forum that LOVB is grassroots and similar to AU that it may not be a long term/ league with "professionally-owned" clubs which PVB is like international leagues

But even so, why is the attention being split between these 3 "leagues" in the USA instead of having one single professional league in the US?

• Could I perhaps ask you why the Olympians are joining LOVB but not Pro Volleyball League?

Understood from another forum that LOVB is grassroots and similar to AU that it may not be a long term/ league with "professionally-owned" clubs which PVB is like international leagues

But even so, why is the attention being split between these 3 "leagues" in the USA instead of having one single professional league in the US?

My thoughts too. Starting too many too soon seem counterproductive, viewership wise. and i thought the lovb would be the kore serious one (because of the star players in it) but it seems like they're like AU again.

I dom't see the point of AU really. They should just scrap it. Too gimmicky.

• Once Atlanta gets Lazareva and Magda nobody will touch Atlanta.