Brazil - Women's Superliga 2023/2024

• Helena didn’t shine in youth competition and neither in Pan Games but she has killed some attacks right now in Flamengo vs Fluminense. I guess she can shine this season. Besides solid reception for her height.

• I agree that Saraelen didn't live up to her potential, but her playing in Mackenzie actually has more to do with Tandara scamming everyone with her new "future CWCH winner" team.

Basically, Tandara and her husband bought Campinas (Superliga C) and got a bunch of big name, experienced players on board like Fabiola, Mari Paraíba and Jaque (!). They said Campinas was going to be the next Brazilian powerhouse team and that they were expecting to win the CWCH in five years.

But then they didn't pay any of the players, so everybody left. By the time all of this went down, Superliga A teams already had their rosters set, so most of the Campinas players ended up going to Superliga B teams. Fabiola, for example, is playing for Recife, even though she could've been a good signing for some Superliga A teams.

• I agree that Saraelen didn't live up to her potential, but her playing in Mackenzie actually has more to do with Tandara scamming everyone with her new "future CWCH winner" team.

Basically, Tandara and her husband bought Campinas (Superliga C) and got a bunch of big name, experienced players on board like Fabiola, Mari Paraíba and Jaque (!). They said Campinas was going to be the next Brazilian powerhouse team and that they were expecting to win the CWCH in five years.

But then they didn't pay any of the players, so everybody left. By the time all of this went down, Superliga A teams already had their rosters set, so most of the Campinas players ended up going to Superliga B teams. Fabiola, for example, is playing for Recife, even though she could've been a good signing for some Superliga A teams.

I can forgive Tandara for the doping, but never for giving false hope of Jaque's return.

But how wanted players with a reputation like Fabiola and Jaque still have anything to do with Tandara? 💀💀 I thought we left Tandara in 2021

• If anyone's interested, Minas plays Sesi Bauru in about an hour. Winner will get a spot in the CWCH (they'll still have to play a South American team in the semis, but all the non-Brazilian South American teams are too weak unfortunately).

It's too bad that the two strongest teams this season (Sesc and Osasco) don't get to play this championship, but it is what it is.

• Dear Brazilian users, I'll be in Sao Paulo next week and I want to watch a volleyball game live in the gym. Which clubs are close to Sao Paulo and is there any exciting games upcoming till 26th?

Hope I won't be shot by Bergmann fans😂

• Dear Brazilian users, I'll be in Sao Paulo next week and I want to watch a volleyball game live in the gym. Which clubs are close to Sao Paulo and is there any exciting games upcoming till 26th?

Hope I won't be shot by Bergmann fans😂

I'm not brazilian, but I can tell you for sure most of the teams (in men's and women's volleyball) come from the State of Sao Paulo. If you are willing to move (by train or anything), you have a lot of choices.

Within the city of Sao Paulo there is just Pinheiros right now (Sesi moved their male team to Bauru, where they invested a lot in volleyball, including a new home arena).

The closest teams to Sao Paulo are from Barueri, Bauru, Osasco and Sao Caetano in women's volleyball, from Guarulhos, Bauru, Campinas, Sao José dos Campos and Suzano in men's volleyball.

• I'm not brazilian, but I can tell you for sure most of the teams (in men's and women's volleyball) come from the State of Sao Paulo. If you are willing to move (by train or anything), you have a lot of choices.

Within the city of Sao Paulo there is just Pinheiros right now (Sesi moved their male team to Bauru, where they invested a lot in volleyball, including a new home arena).

The closest teams to Sao Paulo are from Barueri, Bauru, Osasco and Sao Caetano in women's volleyball, from Guarulhos, Bauru, Campinas, Sao José dos Campos and Suzano in men's volleyball.

Thanks for the tips! I'll check which gym is easier to reach

• Pinheiros is the only team in the city of São Paulo. Osasco, Barueri and São Caetano are in the Greater São Paulo area, but that can mean a two hour trip depending on where you are staying + traffic conditions (traffic here gets BAD). Bauru is like four hours from São Paulo, it's quite the detour.

As for exciting games, Pinheiros v. Praia Clube in the 22nd at 9pm could be fun. The matches in Pinheiros are free and you don't have to book anything ahead of time. Just be aware that Pinheiros' gym is tiny and it usually gets full when they play against big teams. For last year's Praia match I got there an hour before the gates opened and I was very close to not getting a spot (I actually had to sit in the stairs lol). But 99% of the people there were Carol stans so I don't think it'll be that bad this year, getting there an hour before the start of the match should be fine.