Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• You gotta stop hating on Orro already, we got it :lol:

She is not elite level setter but she is not amongst Milano main problems this year.. she is okay, can flop but can play very good, mostly solid and they could defenitely win with her no problem if OHs weren’t useless and Gaspari knew how to rotate them and organize this team

I do not hate her lol but this is the reality .Maybe you do not understand it but she actually sets all the OH and Egonu with the most inappropriate way for them. Today make their life really difficult so I truly believe it.

• They most likely will, they need Nwakalor to play as starter to fit rest if the foreigner.
    Nwakalor, Antropova and last one would be between Parrocchiale and Villani I guess depends of they need more offence or stability on reception.

I love Baijens but idk how I feel about her to Scandicci, I hate it when youngers sit on bench.

I also wasn’t thrilled about my girl Kurtagic in Milano next season but at least their MBs are inconsistent and they have space to fit 2 foreign MBs any time.

Especially after Sarah being wasted in Vakif I am kinda scared for Indy, but at least Scandicci seems to rotate their players better. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that both Indy and Hena can (slowly) fight their way into starting line-up (or at least get valuable experience training with big stars and improve for the season after) :super: luckily Italy has the fourth foreigner slot which also helps!

• After scudetto finalist there is coppa italia winner (before 2nd best placed after rs).

So as of now, Conegliano is the only team sure of CL as they are now coppa italia winners and also rs best team

That is an old rule, for few years already the order which i shared is in charge so it is exactly like in my post, without coppa italia winner CL spot, i shared the official order but if you don't believe you can check here.

• Maybe Lavarini is gone be new head coach of Milano :/

• Especially after Sarah being wasted in Vakif I am kinda scared for Indy, but at least Scandicci seems to rotate their players better. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that both Indy and Hena can (slowly) fight their way into starting line-up (or at least get valuable experience training with big stars and improve for the season after) :super: luckily Italy has the fourth foreigner slot which also helps!

But Scandicci will also have a new coach. It’s still unknown how Antiga will manage to cope with the foreigner limit.

• That is an old rule, for few years already the order which i shared is in charge so it is exactly like in my post, without coppa italia winner CL spot, i shared the official order but if you don't believe you can check here.

My bad, so the Coppa Italia was valid for Cev cup... Btw seems that legavolley forgot to update this page as there are no Challenge cup playoffs:gone: (or maybe because they change the rules every 5 minutes lol)

• Just a few words about Milano: a lot of thought has to go into the way they're going to build the team, the way they're going to run the said team and the way they appoint the coach. I'm aware that pointing the finger to the coach it's the easiest thing to do, but I've seen all year long some very weird choiches from Gaspari and I can't help but think this clearly showed in this series against Scandicci. The roster wasn't the most homogeneous one, but not that bad to be such an underachiever.

First big alarm was that, even with bad passing, Scandicci managed to score and Milano wasn't able to find an answer. That's why I have some serious question marks about their blocking and defence plan (I lost count of their winning pipe attacks today too). Orro wasn't good, because she made some very questionable choices today (the insistence on Cazaute when she had Carol and Antropova in front of her, the amount of tips Egonu had to play), but why Gaspari didn't put any stress on that instead of doing some cringey motivational speech during timeouts? If you can't change your helmswoman, at least try to steer her in the right direction.

Another thing is the abnormous amount of substitutions, not just today but throughout the whole season, stuff that surely took away confidence from the team. She put Bajema in, only to see her being blocked and sub her off immediately after for Daalderop. She started with Heyrman once more, only to put Rettke in. Dulcis in fundo, in the third set, the last chance to keep the series alive, being ahead and yet your team got aced three or four times on Diop's serve, to the point you tried Pušić and Daalderop out of desperation. It was a really terrible display, to the point I was thinking to myself if I was watching Mazzanti's Italy.

• Especially after Sarah being wasted in Vakif I am kinda scared for Indy, but at least Scandicci seems to rotate their players better. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that both Indy and Hena can (slowly) fight their way into starting line-up (or at least get valuable experience training with big stars and improve for the season after) :super: luckily Italy has the fourth foreigner slot which also helps!

actually Vakıf has one of the worst season in their club history this year. And Van Aalen got a lot of chances like all players in team but didn’t play good enough. Also they have Cansu who is the one of the best setters in the world atm.

• Fenerbahve won cl with Kim, Fabiana, Sokolova, Logan and didn’t qualify for next CL. Champions league and cev cup should give tickets for the winners

• no games for the third place?

if so Milano wont play any game in the next 20 days until Champions League. I think this is a big problem, probably they wont be able to arrange any frendly game since most teams will finish the the season soon.

• Maja sabotaging Carol's bid for MVP by only setting her 3 times in the entire match smh

No but in all seriousness, we could make a head-to-head comparison between the teams for every position, but the truth is that Scandicci just looks so much more like a team to me. Even when they're down and things aren't working, they never seem to get frustrated at each other and when someone's strugging the team tries to lift them up. I don't really get that same vibe with Milano.

I'm going to be honest and say I was not a fan of Barbolini playing dancing chairs with the roster the entire regular season because it felt like the starting line up never had any momentum leading up to the big matches, but maybe he was right in making everyone feel included. Diop came off the bench to single handledly save the third set.

• no games for the third place?

if so Milano wont play any game in the next 20 days until Champions League. I think this is a big problem, probably they wont be able to arrange any frendly game since most teams will finish the the season soon.

I think it’s good for them. They desperately need a fully recovered Orro for the CL final. Now she can concentrate on her recovery instead of playing several more matches with only one leg.