Japan Women's NT 2024

• if Kurogo's mental state is fragile, it might not be a good idea to put her back on during such a critical season. They are barely hanging on to an Olympic spot. What if she played this VNL and they slip down the rankings? She.might never recover.

• It would be a wise decision for Valdes to leave PFU first and foremost but since their coach was the one who said that they'll help her goal to make the NT she might not actually be able to go elsewhere. Also, Nikkan and Number magazine have both listed her as a possible option so JVA already knows what to do with her since both publications get their sources directly from the federation unlike Sportiva

If she were offered a contract by any of the top teams her and PFU would be in no position to turn it down especially if it supports her access to the NT. I don't know if that's what happened to Nishimura but she made the ultimate power move which she wouldn't have reached if she stayed in Okayama.

• Road to Tokyo took 5 years they had an extra year due to the pandemic but with injuries happening left and right forcing Shinnabe to retire and eventually Miya Sato there was so much cramming by 2019. Nakada was forced to make ishii sub due to Saga's declining seasons but had also made the grave mistake in overestimating Kurogo thinking she could lead the offense/carry the team in any way so it really went nowhere.

So to me personally putting Kurogo in the roster in time for Paris is a bad omen

history does have a way of repeating itself but this soon?

hayashi seem to have some sort of mild injury as someone posted in the vleague thread so if she pulls a sagaraki its all over.

• Getting way ahead here but fast forward to "Path to LA 2028" ...

Other than those in the VLeague now, Miku Akimoto will be graduating from HS next school year, so by December this year, we might have some news on which VLeague team she'll be going to (if she skips college). One of the prospects for sure, depending on her development. She still have U20 Asian Champs this year and U21 Worlds next year together with Kasai.

• I checked that link from JVA and it didn't say anything about their status does that mean they can join them during VNL? Valdes skipped the first half of the season and showed up only this January from what I've seen but she has not participated in anything at the level of VNL. PFU has done nothing to develop her. Valdes serve and back row attack are all lacking.

• I checked that link from JVA and it didn't say anything about their status does that mean they can join them during VNL? Valdes skipped the first half of the season and showed up only this January from what I've seen but she has not participated in anything at the level of VNL. PFU has done nothing to develop her. Valdes serve and back row attack are all lacking.

Nikkan article https://www.nikkansports.com/s…news/202403080000698.html

The headline says:

JT's Santiago and PFU's Valdes, who aim to become Japanese nationals, participate in the national team training camp

Santiago and Valdes joined the program as trainees. Both players are aiming to obtain Japanese nationality.

Valdes, from Cuba, contributed to the Spring High Volleyball runner-up and top four at Furukawa Gakuen in Miyagi. She has experience participating in training camps for the Japanese national team in the under category and has been playing in PFU since 2021.

• Anyone know when their applications are approved by Fivb commisions?

if their applications were approved before summer 2022 they can play for the japanese NT this summer.

• Japan could be incredibly good with a physical middle and opposite

• Japan could be incredibly good with a physical middle and opposite

Athletism mixed with fast game and incredible floor defense will be hard to beat! Female volleyball needs Japan to be back to top level

• Athletism mixed with fast game and incredible floor defense will be hard to beat! Female volleyball needs Japan to be back to top level

There's tho rub tho. Athleticism is more than just jumping high. For example, Kobata's ability to dive and then magically levitate back up to her two feet in a heartbeat always seemed athletic to me. I don't see Valdes et al able to do that. There's always tradeoffs

• Miwako Osanai, Hiroyo Yamanaka and Yoshino Sato are all in the VCup last weekend. NEC posted a video of their team sending off the NT players (Koga-Kojima-Nakagawa-Yamada) and Ageo also posted (Iwasaki-Kurogo-Yamagishi) and left out Yoshino and Hiroyo. I didn't see Hitachi's video. Safe to say all 3 who are in the VCup are not attending the NT training camp. Interesting also that in the NT list, they are the last 3 names. Probably automatic team B/reserve? :lol: I kind of what to see Yamanaka :rolll:

If you also look at the jersey numbers, there are 2 spots in the middle (22 and 23 are missing before the 3 reserves) :lol:

Valdes and Jaja might have a jersey number after all or maybe they just want to have an extra slots in between the NT and reserves or idk :lol:

• When did Nakagawa move to NEC? NEC rarely ever gets players from Higashi Kyushu. Nakagawa might be the first.

• Manabe has been oddly quiet no press calls, pr help from london squad, or photos from victorina's training camp venue yet which is very out of character for him :/

no achievements = no noise.

i think its better this way, less annoying too.

• I was thinking that since the NT are fighting for an Olympic ticket that they're gonna go all out with some heavy media exposure. Plus Japan is hosting again so they need to look good after they flopped in Nagoya last time.

nah heavy media exposure would require that they qualify during oqt like the men's team but they didnt so what are they gonna show lol... the london squad again? i dont think saori, yuko sano and shinnabe even care about manabe's squad anymore. only takeshita, sakoda and kano are the most involved but that's them standing on business and not a personal choice