2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• 4 middles seem a lot. And the youngster, Chiaka, proved herself over Adams. I would go with 3 setters and 3 MB. 4 outside and 2 liiberos.

Totally disagree with you. Having 3 MBs is suicidal for a long tournament such as WCh. Moreover, it is clear that Lloyd will be the starting setter so why to have 2 backup setter?

• One change in German team: Marie Schölzel suffered an ankle injury in training yesterday and will miss WCH, Leonie Schwertmann replaces her in the roster.

This really sucks, Schölzel is the youngest of our MBs but the only one who at least sometimes comes close to international level. With Gründing, Wezorke and Schwertmann as MBs it will be tough.

• Brazil is travelling to Japan with 15 players:

Opp: Tandara and Rosamaria (OH also)

S: Dani Lins and Roberta

OH: Natália, Fernanda Garay, Gabi, Drussyla and Amanda

MB: Adenízia, Thaisa, Bia and Carol

L: Suelen and Gabiru

Natalia (c) is still recovering. In case she bounces back, she'll play and one of the girls will leave. Otherwise, she's the one to be cut.

• 3 setters because Lloyd will be the starting setter and the other two are inconsistent and each has a good skill that the other doesn’t. So maybe one drops.

I see your point about the middles. Turkey is only taking 3

• Fenerbahce posted a photo and Ana is there practicing with the team.. so everything is fine with her physically.. I know she hasn't been stellar this summer, but neither has Zivkovic.. and Ana is a world class setter, Zivkovic is nowhere near the top..

Also judging by the stats from their friendly match against Turkey, Serbia's savior Ognjenovic set Mihajlovic and Boskovic 43 and 42 balls respectively, while all of the others got 42 together.. you do the math

• Fenerbahce posted a photo and Ana is there practicing with the team.. so everything is fine with her physically.. I know she hasn't been stellar this summer, but neither has Zivkovic.. and Ana is a world class setter, Zivkovic is nowhere near the top..

Also judging by the stats from their friendly match against Turkey, Serbia's savior Ognjenovic set Mihajlovic and Boskovic 43 and 42 balls respectively, while all of the others got 42 together.. you do the math

Anyone expecting a major change in the way Serbia play will be disappointed. It’s quite typical that the distribution will be 1/3 of balls to Boskovic, 1/3 to Mihajlovic and 1/3 to everyone else.

The setters played badly this summer, but the real reason the VNL was such a disaster was because Mihajlovic got injured, meaning Boskovic was getting like 100 balls every match. And that would probably have happened if Ognjenovic had been there as well, the only difference is I expect her connection with the MBs (especially Rasic) to be better than what we saw from Zivkovic and Antonijevic this summer.

• Antonijevic>Zivkovic for me as well but also yes Maja is there. I hope btw this does not continue into drama between Ana and Terzic in Fenerbahçe... :/ As he will also coach them next season.

• I think Drews was cut because she said she'll be somewhere else this weekend.

• According to the rumors in polish media, The Netherlands will probably be the host of 2022 WCH.

• I think Drews was cut because she said she'll be somewhere else this weekend.

There was a post on another volleyball forum that projected USA with this lineup at WCH:

S: Carli Lloyd, Micha Hancock

OP: Kelly Murphy, Karsta Lowe

OH: Jordan Larson, Michelle Bartsch-Hackley, Kim Hill, Sarah Wilhite

MB: Foluke Akinradewo, Tetori Dixon, Lauren Gibbemeyer, Rachael Adam's

L: Kelsey Robinson, Megan Courtney.

• this is the official roster. USA volleyball posted it now

• not sure how accurate WOV is, but here's Canada's rooster:

Canadian roster for Japan:

1 Jessie Niles

2 Autumn Bailey

4 Kyla Richey (team captain)

5 Danielle Smith

7 Brianna Beamish

8 Alicia Ogoms

9 Alexa Gray

11 Anna Feore

12 Jennifer Cross

16 Shainah Joseph,

19 Marie-Alex Belanger

22 Megan Cyr

23 Emily Maglio

25 Kiera Van Ryk

• OHs were clear already IMHO after Sara Wilhyte was in, because Larson, Bartsch and Hill were for sure. The four middles are no surprise at all and were expected this way (Kiraly is hardly changing there at all).

• Looks to be copied from Volley Canada's official release, so i guess it's correct. As far as i know Van Ryk (UBC) and Feore (Toronto) are the 2 players still enrolled as student-athletes in Canada.

• Natalia Zilio-Pereira is now in Japan with Brazil NT. This is supposed to be the last roster decision of importance among the stronger teams...