2015 FIVB World Grand Prix

• How did this Japanese team qualify to final? :S

Turkey won't go to Group 2.
    Serbia won't qualify.
    Germany will keep home's honour.
    Therefore, Japan qualified.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Bring Araki back (she's named on the 25 list), maybe we'll see her at the World Cup.

Araki isn't included World Cup roster :thumbdown:
    http://worldcup.2015.women.fiv…ams/jpn-japan/team_roster

Manabe respects Karch and he tries faster volley like USA :aww:
    He should understand Miyashita & Koto's capacity.

• This Italy team is aware me of Cuba,error and error.

Malinov,always wants to spike,always lose connection with Mbs.
    Mbs,could not show what they could,a good block followed a bad spike.Arrighetti's Level is declined so much.i noticed Folie is the only one who could not get a second to be on the court playing in the Grand Prix.Maybe she loses a position in this team later.
    Opposites,errors after errors,Diouf could not jump,like a lazy big animal.Sorokaite has good serves and sometimes heavy spikes,but she could not on a high level in a game from the start to the end.
    OHs,the best one Gennari needs a knee cure(unlucky),Bosetti sisters lacks heights,Tirozzi has good spikes but bad receives and defences,even worse than Sylla.

So,i think they can compitite one team Mess Japan.Two Teams had beautiful connection but nowadays,all of unbalanced and unskilled girls.

• Araki isn't included World Cup roster :thumbdown:
    http://worldcup.2015.women.fiv…ams/jpn-japan/team_roster

Manabe respects Karch and he tries faster volley like USA :aww:
    He should understand Miyashita & Koto's capacity.

I keep forgetting that she was named on the JVA website to the full training roster, but she was not put on the Grand Prix team roster, let alone World Cup roster.

Manabe still keeps traveling with 3 MBs though. Japan has enough OHs. This is a young team and needs to develop more. Against weaker teams, they will still win, but against European teams, China and the USA, they are just overmatched.

The way Japan is playing, they are going to have to qualify for the Olympics by the Asian/World Qualifier.

• Looks like Cate Bosetti had a good game yesterday. I'm still surprised of others underestimating her. I think she is one of the best and most stable OH alternatives for Italy right now with her sister though Lucia is having a really bad tournament so far. I hope she gets more chances than Tirozzi and others.

• To me the best Italian young OH is Alessia Gennari :rolleyes: Caterina is a balanced player but apparently she doesn't really impress Bonitta, that's why she's been used only for some serves...

I don't know what's up with Lucia, she's supposed to perform better than this, besides that I don't like Bonitta's idea of letting Diouf play as OPP and Sorokaite as OH. I know that Gennari isn't there and Lucia Bosetti is just the shadow of her best days but this idea will never be successful.

Just got to watch RUS-BRA : I'm satisfied with Pasynkova's great performance from the end of 2nd set, that's what I wanted to see from her. Decent reception, good kills and blocks. I think she's one of the best blockers on OH side. Goncharova is just priceless, no one would stop her with that shape. Malova :cheesy: I know some of you might think I'm overacting but today she was a russian Castillo :D Watching her digging was so much fun. I know it was versus Brazil B team but overall Russia played good.

In the contrary, Japan is a big disaster, not even fun to watch them...Saori Kimura is totally out of shape, isn't she? :wacko:

• Sometimes we didn't know what we could say.
    Zhang Xiao-ya is weaker than Zheng Yi-xin at least for this two matches.
    Could her fourth MB site of World Cup be replaced ?
    Wang Meng-jie has won Chen Zhan.
    However, Wang Meng-jie and Lin Li are also "freshpersons".
    To end up,
    who knows the future things?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• FIVB World Grand Prix 2015 - YouTube Live Streams
    Asian Volleyball HD
    https://goo.gl/ZNM7Sb

• Russia had a combi play where Goncharova spikes between the MB which i havent seen before. During warm up/free spike Goncharova was also spiking down the line so im surprised she never did one and exclusively spiking crosscourt during the match

I was also shocked to see that, i dont know if thats called B quick?? I see tatiana doing that as OH.

• Murphy has yet another poor performance, finishing with .000 efficiency. Karsta Lowe continues to show herself as Team USA's breakout player.

• Murphy has yet another poor performance, finishing with .000 efficiency. Karsta Lowe continues to show herself as Team USA's breakout player.

I just wanted to write about Murphy. I am a bit disappointed with her performance.. She HAS to do better than that.. I don't know if she lacks matches, because she has been starter at very few.. Karch has to think about it since I am not sure Lowe will be prepared enough to be a starter in Rio.. She'll need more experience

• Karch is better to bring Destinee back.

Murphy is a player a really like, but she's can't kill a single ball when the set isn't good.

Lowe is the same kind of player, but she jumps a bit more, so she can do a bit better.

This is the reason why I don't like having 2 left handed opposites at the same time. When the setting isn't good anymore, both of them struggle. Noone of them can kill the ball. Fawcett is best option. Having a player on bench who broke a score record is something I would never give up. Coming back to D., she is the best, simply the best.

• Juciely 6 blocks in 1st set :obey:

Juciely is in wonderful shape. She deserves to be in roster for Olympic Games. I think that both Carol and Juciely are much better than overrated Adenizia.

• One month away from World Cup Japan is in a shockingly bad shape. Their middles are a joke on international level and right now none of their hitters can make an impact either. What's up with Saori, is she having physical problems or is she simply out of shape as well? She barely played in WGP and when she did she was very weak...

• Juciely is in wonderful shape. She deserves to be in roster for Olympic Games. I think that both Carol and Juciely are much better than overrated Adenizia.

totally agree - but I'm sure Adenizia will be at the Olympics - She seems to be liked by the coach for some reason - an the fact that she is doing well in attack at the Pan American games might even make her more of a favourite...

• totally agree - but I'm sure Adenizia will be at the Olympics - She seems to be liked by the coach for some reason - an the fact that she is doing well in attack at the Pan American games might even make her more of a favourite...

I think that if Juciely keeps this shape throughout the next club season, she's a lock for Rio. I'm not particularly a fan of Adenízia, but she's been playing well and there's no way Zé won't take her. There's still a long time and lots of things to be considered of course, but I think Carol will be cut in the end.