Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Megan Easy is much better than Sylla and will be starter in the most important matches of the season, especially in CL. In Italian League, because of the 3-Italians-rule, she or Robin will have to stay on bench sometimes.

I personally consider Megan one of the top attacking OH in the world, comparable to Zhu Ting.

• Megan Easy is much better than Sylla and will be starter in the most important matches of the season, especially in CL. In Italian League, because of the 3-Italians-rule, she or Robin will have to stay on bench sometimes.

I personally consider Megan one of the top attacking OH in the world, comparable to Zhu Ting.

100% agree.

If you think Hill or Sylla are better than Hogde, you probably never saw Megan playing volleyball. The only question mark is about her shape after another serious injury.

• 100% agree.

If you think Hill or Sylla are better than Hogde, you probably never saw Megan playing volleyball. The only question mark is about her shape after another serious injury.

And her horrible reception.

Sylla has proved herself this WCH, Hill was pretty bad. I think it's gonna be Hill/Tirozzi and Sylla/Easy. There's gonna be a lot of rotations probably depending on their shape and opponents.

• I'm not so much into Megan game because She was injured two times already(2 years out), but her game was so on point yesterday. She attacked with 70%, I don't know what to say about her reception. I think that is important for Imoco game so reception will decide who will be starter. Robin is very important for Santarelli so one italian OH needs to play in Seria A.

-Chieri and Bisonte match is very interesting, Sorokaite is playing as OH, her reception as Shaky.

Angelina Giulia is playing amazing attack, her reception is shaky but She is attacking with so much power.

-Filottrano took first set against Scandicci and second set is very close to, and Savino is playing almost with their best players. Only Vasileva is missing.

-Novara: Carlini was doing nice job with her sets, good connection with MBs. To bad that Erblira will not play so much She is sub for Egonu and She is very good OPP... Venue was almost sold out. Nice to see so many fans :D

-Busto looks so good. Their reception is very good, they are moving very fast on the court. They have chemistry + they are young as team.

• Busto Arsizio won in three, well done, with a little luck in the first set of course. I hope, they can again be fourth in A1 championship, because the top three Conegliano, Novara and Scandicci from last season will get the first three places again IMHO, they have reinforced their rosters with much CL generated money...

• And her horrible reception.

Sylla has proved herself this WCH, Hill was pretty bad. I think it's gonna be Hill/Tirozzi and Sylla/Easy. There's gonna be a lot of rotations probably depending on their shape and opponents.

I don't think it is a good idea to keep both sylla and Hodge at the same time on the court. I think hill sylla and tirozzi Hodge could be better duos

• Smarzek didn't make good debute performance She was at 21% in attack(We all know it is matter of time that She will become monster in attack very soon) but on other hand Lippmann debute with 21 points and 56% in attack.

It is to early to talk about anything. Season just started, teams still don't look as teams. They needs to play and train more to perform better.

Their was not big surprise in first matches, but next week We will have many good matches:

Scandicc - Novara (the most interesting)

Busto - Monza

Bergamo - Pomi

• 1st ROUND

NOVARA - BRESCIA 3-0

Bici 16, Nizetich 12, Veljkovic 8 / Washington 8, Villani 7, Veglia 6

CONEGLIANO - CASALMAGGIORE 3-0

Easy 18 (70%), Fabris 13 (62%), Danesi 7 / Rahimova 16, Gray 7, Kakolewska 4

MONZA - CLUB ITALIA 3-0

Orthmann 11 (56%), Ortolani 10 (53%), Begic 9 / Nwakalor 10 (50%), Omoruyi 7, Pietrini 6

FIRENZE - CHIERI 3-0

Lippmann 21 (56%), Santana 13, Alberti 11 / Angelina 15 (52%), Silva 15, Perinelli 7

BERGAMO - BUSTO ARSIZIO 0-3

Olivotto 9, Acosta 7, Mingardi 7 / Gennari 17, Grobelna 15, Bonifacio 12

FILOTTRANO - SCANDICCI 1-3

Vasilantonaki 16, Whitney 16, Di Iulio 12 / Haak 22, Mitchem 17 (50%), Mazzaro 12

Rest: CUNEO

• The worst passer in Conegliano is Easy. I dont think she take a place as her surname :) And Sylla showed too much at WCH and she will play with super fast Wolosz.

• I watched bits of the game between Monza and Club Italia during the first round. In attack, the difference between the teams wasnt overtly visible, but in terms of the defensive end of the court Monzas grasp of it was far superior to Club Italia´s and this proved decsive at least while I watched. Club Italia must improve significantly in this aspect if they want to avoid relegation this season. Attacking wise they have more than enough already and with, or if, Terry Ruth will be back this season they should be even better there. Nwakolor was constantly a dangerous threat in attack, Pietrini started well but slowed down after a while and finished the game rather poor. However, her flying motion with a great hang time in the air in a Calderon-like fashion is a joy to watch and I am sure she will progress well during the season - its rare to see a white player relying to such a great deal of athleticism in their attacking game.

• Today the most interesting match is:

Savino Del Bene Scandicci - Igor Novara 18:30(CET) Rai Sport

Stream : http://webtvhd.com/raisport+hd-live.php

Today it is first match for Egonu and Christina for Novara. Interesting to see which OHs will be starter for them(Picci- Nizetich or Bartsch ?). And today We will see how good Scandicci is even though it is to soon to say anything but some progress has to be seen.

For me this two matches can be really interesting to watch!

-Busto vs Monza 17:00(CET) could be very interesting match to watch for sure. Monza looks good, but I like more Busto young team they looks so fun.

-Pomi vs Bergamo 17:00 (CET) I really hope that first performance for Pomi was not "real" them. They fight against one of the strongest clubs in World, so today they should perform much better. Carcaces Kenia had really bad performance and We all know how strong her attack can be, if they want to perform at high level they need her next to Rahimova. Gray Alexa can they her spot only if She reduce errors.