Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• IMO, Carlini's connection with Veljković has been surprisingly good this season. I honestly dreaded Stefana going to Novara and having to play with Carlini, but they actually work well together and Stefana's hitting stats are great. The problem is that she's just not getting enough sets.

I was worried about Carlini that she will live under great pressure playing with a great many Olympians, WCH winners and runner-ups, while she being the least experienced player in her team. To be honest with you, I still am. But for now, I think her overall performance is better than her last season at Scandicci. That's a relief.

Of course this not enough, especially if Novara want to outperform their last season, she still has a lot work to do. Hope she can keep making progress.

• 14th Round

BRESCIA - NOVARA 3-2

Nicoletti 22, Pietersen 16, Veglia 13 / Egonu 18, Bartsch 15, Chirichella 14

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720899

CASALMAGGIORE - CONEGLIANO 0-3

Carcaces 16, Rahimova 15, C.Bosetti 9 / Fabris 17, Hill 13, Danesi 11

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720900

CLUB ITALIA - MONZA 0-3

Nwakalor 12, Omoruyi 11, Fahr 9 / Ortolani 16, Orthmann 14, Begic 6

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720901

CHIERI - FIRENZE 1-3

Gyselle 34, Perinelli 13, Aliyeva 12 / Lippmann 20, Daalderop 18, Alberti 17

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720902

BUSTO ARSIZIO - BERGAMO 1-3

Meijners 19, Piani 17, Gennari 15 / Smarzek 22, Courtney 17, Olivotto 10

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720903

SCANDICCI - FILOTTRANO 3-0

Adenizia 12, L.Bosetti 11, Haak 11 / Vasilantonaki 13, Di Iulio 7, Whitney 7

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720904

Rest: CUNEO

Standing

1.NOVARA 33

2. SCANDICCI 31

3. CONEGLIANO 31

4. MONZA 26

5. BUSTO ARSIZIO 24

6. CASALMAGGIORE 23

7. FIRENZE 19

8. BERGAMO 18

9. BRESCIA 17

10. CUNEO 15

11. FILOTTRANO 8

12. CHIERI 5

13. CLUB ITALIA 2

• Looks like Bartsch had a great great! Good to see her back on track, after a forgettable WCH and start of the season with Novara. I still don't get it why did Plak play the whole game, when Nizetich had much better stats even for the limited time on court she had. Of course I did not watch the game, so these are comments based purely on stats

• Gyselle de la Caridad Silva with 34 points in just 4 sets! Just wow!

I hope she stays in the italian league next year. But in a better club.

• What a great numbers by Alberti - 17pts (86% in attack) + 5 blocks.

• Stefana's hitting stats are great. The problem is that she's just not getting enough sets.

Her hitting stats are great because she barely get any sets, usually around only 10 against the top teams and she mostly score by tipping it over, it is rare when she can take a full swing. Her tips are very smart and she knows where`s to put the ball, like tonight in the 5th set she scored twice by tipping it over and nobody covered. But this does not always work like against Busto she scored 3/11...and this certainly won`t fly against the Turkish Teams in CL.

On the other hand Popovic and Stevanovic stats are worse, but they are getting the ball a lot more.

Nicoletti has improved a lot... she could be the perfect backup for Egonu in NT if she keeps this up.

Not a good look for Busto to loose for a weak team just because they r without Britt and Kaja,

• Well, you could get 10 balls per game and still kill none of them. Veljković is so far doing a really good job with what's she being provided. Carlini is still one of the least MB-friendly setters in the league and her ball distribution can generally be much better, but she's improved a lot compared to the last season when her game was mostly a horror show, and if she keeps improving, it will be very good news for Novara.

They still haven't solved their OH puzzle, though, and that can really bite them in the ass when it really starts to matter.

• I watched Busto-Bergamo yesterday: Courtney started from the bench, but she soon came in and gave an excellent contribution. She is very reliable in reception and defence, which is not a news, but also in attack: great variety of shots, especially using the opposite blockers. She is my MVP, to me she must start every game! It is the second OH that is still a question mark..

• Bergamo is a rising star. I cant understand why the coach always start with Acosta. Hope he will change his mind. Meijners performed good but look like Busto missed Grobelna a lot.

• Bergamo is a rising star. I cant understand why the coach always start with Acosta. Hope he will change his mind. Meijners performed good but look like Busto missed Grobelna a lot.

The attacking system of Busto in this season is clearly build around the Yellow Tigers center Grobelna+Herbots. Piani is a little lacking experience, when there is no possibility to change, I think, she has potential, what she could already show at times this season, but needs more time.

• Bergamo-Casalmaggiore 3-2

Filottrano-Club Italia 3-2

Firenze-Brescia 3-1

Cuneo-Chieri 3-1

Novara-Scandicci 2-3

Monza-Busto Arsizio 2-3

• Herbots and Grobelna are not in Belgium's roster for today's match, so I assume they're already back in Busto and will play tomorrow against Monza.

This match is super important for Busto and their rankings. If they lose this one then Monza will take their spot (they already did, but only 1 point more)

• Firenze is playing very well so far! Their middles doing a great job today, especially Popovic. I haven't see her playing this good so far. Now they lead 2-0.

• Very good match between Scandicci and Novara.

Scandicci is playing better and better !!

I don't know what is Plak doing in team as Novara, they should transfer much better OH than her, She can't recive and She is not monster in attack like before at all...

I would always go with Nizetich and Picci as OH duo but than Carlini needs to play much more with MBs but She is not doing that So I would go with Bartsch as second OH.

• Scandicci is leading 2:1 right now !!!

Egonu already with 28 points... if this match goes to tie break She could score over 40points....

Novara now starts with 2 diffrent OH,....

• 3-0 win for Firenze over Brescia. Reception of Firenze is much better, so they don't have to overuse Lippmann. Also Dijkema takes more risks to use the middles.