2019 / 2020 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• With a team like Vakıfbank being a best scorer does not mean much...

They expect Haak to dominate a TL final series, a CL final...That's a completely different task..

Boskovic was not up to it her first year and was benched for most of the season...

With the Turkish giants there's no margin for error, no waiting for tomorrow...It's now or good-bye.

Sheila come up just a little bit short in her first season and got benched the next one...

She was the most expensive bench player in women's volleyball, I guess She was getting around 800K...

Guidetti was lucky to find a cheap replacement for her with Sloetjes...

So if they sign Haak long term, say 4 years, and she can't deliver, it will be a huge disaster for them...

Guidetti is playing a big gamble on Haak and unless Zhu comes back, he might be in for a big trouble...

• Guys Haak being offered 1 million is only a rumour! I'm pretty sure she won't get that amount, even Rasic doesn't, Robinson doesn't...

Someone even said it might be a rumour started by Haak's agent which honestly would make sense.

• I get that. But my point is if not Haak then who? Even if it was possible I guess Vakif don't want to sign an older player like Tandara or Goncharova. Vargas has proven less than Haak. I bet they would sign Boskovic or Egonu if it was possible, so I don't see who is a better option than Haak to be honest.

• They should have kept Sloetjes one more season...Sloetjes+Ebrar would cover them enough...

Vakıf should have waited to see ıf they could get Zhu back after Tokyo and once that becomes clear then, start making long term plans...

Guidetti is too desperate to be competitive, which I think is not very smart..

• I don't think we should see Haak as someone who should 'replace' Zhu.. Zhu leaving Vakif will create a whole another dinamic in the team, same way when Brakocevic or Glinka left. One season, they played with Glinka and Nikolic as OHs and Gozde as OPP, and her main job was to receive and try and keep the ball control on a high level. Next season when Brakocevic came, they had another dominant scorer, so Glinka moved to OHs and they received many times with only 2 players. What I'm trying to say is, different players work differently together, also Giovanni has different game plans, so it's not as simple as replacing a player with another.

• Haak won't ever have the experience as is she played from a strong NT.

But also she is less likely of getting injured and could have a longer career playing at a high level. Big example is Barun.

Rumors were that Natalia made 700k for her 2nd season with Fener... And then she shows up injured. Things like this won't happen with Haak. She will always be fresh when the season starts.

• I am sorry but, neither Gabi (assuming she signs) nor Kelsey (assuming she stays) are "finishers".

they have never been dominant attackers in their career...

I cant see Gabi or Kelsey getting the set for match point...

Different dynamics or what, Haak will play Zhu's role, she will get the most sets and will be expected to play out of system...

• too bad some of these amazing players' career slowed down because of injury. I hope Gabi can play abroad to improve her overall skills. she is an asset to Brazil NT alongside Drussyla. which league do you thingk she will be perfect to play?

I think she will go to turkey. Fener or VakifBank. She is the type of players who likes a challenge and I think that terzic or guidetti can offer that to her.

• Guys Haak being offered 1 million is only a rumour! I'm pretty sure she won't get that amount, even Rasic doesn't, Robinson doesn't...

Someone even said it might be a rumour started by Haak's agent which honestly would make sense.

This.

The rumour has likely dissipated out of the reason some journalist, likely Swedish, has asked an "insider" in Turkey or Italy regarding the "typical" salary for an OPP in Vakifbank and then used the reply out of that question as a benchmark premise to use in order to estimate Haaks salary. I have come over some news regarding the issue in swedish media and this seems to have been the case, at least if you read "between the lines".

Like this: 1) Sloetjes plays for Vakifbank 2) Sloetjes earns almost 1 million dollar per year 3) An OPP playing for Vakifbank earns almost 1 million dollar per year. 4) Haak might play for Vakifbank next year as an OPP 5) Haak will probably earn around 1 million dollar next year.

This method is obviously wildly speculative and of very questionable relevance, in case its been used, and not more scientifically valid than lets say a fatwa handed out by a government relying on the laws of Sharia.

• i just criticize a few users here without naming

we are all the individuals and we have had different experienses and characters

being from a country doesnt make all the individuals bad in the same way.. every individual can develope himself/herself in a good way even though he/she were from the least developed countries..so pls lets not categorize the individuals based on their countries :)

• Haak is huge talent, and She doesn’t need to prove anything She already prove herself in Seria A. If She performed great their I don’t see why She wouldn’t in Turkish league where you have 3 great team and huge gap... than other teams

100% that Scandicci wanted to keep her and offer her a lot of money, She is netter than Sloetjes. So I believe that She got big offer from Vakif.

• We understand: people from Turkey cannot be free-minded, as they live in a country with restricted amount of liberty

What's your excuse then?:roll:

• First of all, Haak is not expected to fill in an OH's shoes, she is expected to fill in Sloetjes's shoes of which she is very well capable.;)

I don't see the relevance of playing in a weak NT. Look at Vargas, she doesn't play in a NT at all but she is a very dominant player. Same thing is with KYK. Ryhkliuk, Barun and Rahimova played in weak NTs as well but still they are very dominant players with 'killer instincts'. Montano was one of the most dominant Opp ever while she was in her top shape. Victoria Ravva is one of the most dominant MB ever but she almost never played in NT. :roll: Indeed it might even be an advantage because in a weak team the strong player will be challenged more by the opponents so that she learns to be more versatile and killer player even against well established blocks. Also don't forget that short NT season is a big advantage for getting physically and mentally ready for the club season. She doesn't need to get burn out during the summer as much as Boskoviç, Egonu or Sloetjes, which also decrease the likelihood of getting injured.

Signing with Haak is not a gamble but a great opportunity (I call signing with Vargas after 2 years of inactivity as gamble, which turned out to be a great investment indeed). Signing with Haak for a long term contract is as great idea as Eczacıbaşı signing with Boskoviç at such an early age. Guidetti is a great coach and proved himself to be good at developing young players. Haak already proved herself at high level and under the guidance of Guidetti she can become as good as Egonu and Boskoviç. She has a huge potential and Vakıfbank would be very smart to sign with her at an early age unless they can sign with Egonu. My only concern with Haak in Vakıfbank is Ebrar. She is the biggest prospect we have and keeping her in the bench is a bad decision. However if Guidetti's idea is developing Ebrar as OH then I am fine with that.

By the way it is unfair to react badly about the rumors of Haak's salary. The source of the people who spread this rumor is their ass and even if it would turn out to be real, Haak is one of the rare people who indeed deserves this money.

• what are the chances of zhu ,rasic,kelsey and sloetjes leaving vakifbank and going to china or are journalists just making stuff up for views and clicks,secondly gabi would be good for both vakifbank and fenerbahce but i think fener would benefit more cause they are really struggling with receiving and she can pass and play good defence,bricio is more like mihajlovic awsome at attack and serve not that good at passing and defence ,rumors about haak getting payed 1 million are just crazy imo i mean she is one of the best opp in the world atm but she didnt really win anything on world stage except in italy maybe that stuff doesnt matter anymore and i think hakin 12 explained best of how maybe that rumor started in the first place as for haak filling shoes of sloetjes she is more then good enough,i saw some video of that eczacibasi manager and she said they gonna have boskovic til the end of her career and she was laughing out loud as well

as for playing for weak nt i think it all comes down to a player cause if u are the only dominant player in nt if u do badly it can effect your confidence and u feel like u have to produce and that puts more pressure on that player it is a lot easier knowing u have someone in your team that can play good volleyball if u are not having your day as for season being shorter or longer both have their advantages it is like double edged sword yes shorter season brings more rest to players but u also lose some of your shape and it takes longer for the players to get better and if u play longer season u risk getting hurt or burned out so it all comes down to a player again imo there is never a perfect thing there are flaws and benefits in everything

• Omg seriously guys move this topic into private message or do some whatsapp messages. I hate it if you talk about a pure NON SENSE topic so much in detail with long messages!

Stop comparing players whoever fills whoevers shoes. Seriously enough is enoguh, let the transfer be even official!!!!!!!!!

• But guys this thread is rumors and discussion so I’m okey with this. We have other thread where you can post only official transfer news so everything is separeted.

• Novara, Busto and Pomi wants to signed Francesca Villani but Brescia wants to keep her. So they are waiting for her movie.