Looking for admin(s)

• Thanks guys for sticking up for me! I appreciate that!

I agree, that A-hole who called me Taliban should have been banned earlier so that he wouldn't say more hurtful things like Srebrenica 🤦 however I don't think Matthias has anything towards Turks, I know him from this forum for more than a decade, he has never picked a side and was always neutral in disputes, and believe me I'm mostly picking a side in those disputes 😂

Just a reminder that he is doing this for free to keep this forum running. It is not like there are 10 people who are dying to be a mod😅 the ones who criticizes Matthias should volunteer to do the work!

I do feel that Turkish people are often bashed a lot here by certain haters. And recently they do that very openly, so I think race based allegations should be warned more strictly.

Because of double standards in certain users comments when it comes to turkey makes Turkish users, including me, also make more provocative comments, which in return makes people more irritated and get things even worse. It basically becomes a chicken/egg situation.

To sum up, it would be good to have more admins to help Matthias ( not only with banning people but also activating account etc) however I don't think Matthias is doing a bad job. I just wanted use this opportunity to appreciate his efforts for this forum. Everyone stop bitching about him and for once say something nice to motivate people to do even better job👏👏👏

• Okay, guys, I'm in bullshit-ish mood, because I just came back from my friends' wedding, so I'm drunk and like over-positive, because it was lovely, but some stuff needs to be stopped.

I really like this place (even though I'm more focused on male vball while this is female vball-led place) - I truly believe this is truly special to run a really active international forum in 2023 in an era of Twitter/Reddit etc. - and if anyone still wants to provoke about naturalizations/some revenge stuff on this issues/provoke about anything else, it should be severely punished.

I've never felt of myself as some 'community-member', so it's not a post suggesting me wanting to have moderator tools etc. because I believe it should be someone from some inner circle of really active users - but come on, it has become toxic.

And I believe anyone caring about this place will cut this bullshit short.

There are so many dividing things in the world that volleyball shouldn't be one of them regardless whether you agree or not with its development.

• Maybe it is not a good idea to write something like that about the person who did nothing wrong to me and I know that I am not so active on a forum, so probably most of you won’t take me seriously, but guys, you want to choose as moderator a person who is constantly lying about her origin. Olcay is not turkish, she is polish.

I will add some screens that will confirm my words. She was writing about polish league as OUR league, she was translating the page automatically (we know she has problems with English) so when she was quoting someone's comment it appeared in polish (should in Turkish). You can check that in her posts history. There were more posts like these, particularly in TauronLiga topic (polish league) but she deleted it, changed her nickname and then suddenly became Turkish.

I don’t know her personally, only from the internet, her name is Dominika, she was spamming a lot on polish volleyball group (about Serbian players, sth that we also can notice in her post history on this forum) and was muted there, then she appeared here. Anyway I’m impressed how well she played her role but it was really funny to watch all of this knowing who she really is. That’s all. I really appreciate her passion and maybe shouldn’t have written this, but yeah, it happened.

• she was translating the page automatically (we know she has problems with English) so when she was quoting someone's comment it appeared in polish (should in Turkish)

I always thought it's a problem with my internet browser :D

There is at least 1 more user whose posts with quotes I have always translated to polish.

• Maybe it is not a good idea to write something like that about the person who did nothing wrong to me and I know that I am not so active on a forum, so probably most of you won’t take me seriously, but guys, you want to choose as moderator a person who is constantly lying about her origin. Olcay is not turkish, she is polish.

I will add some screens that will confirm my words. She was writing about polish league as OUR league, she was translating the page automatically (we know she has problems with English) so when she was quoting someone's comment it appeared in polish (should in Turkish). You can check that in her posts history. There were more posts like these, particularly in TauronLiga topic (polish league) but she deleted it, changed her nickname and then suddenly became Turkish.

I don’t know her personally, only from the internet, her name is Dominika, she was spamming a lot on polish volleyball group (about Serbian players, sth that we also can notice in her post history on this forum) and was muted there, then she appeared here. Anyway I’m impressed how well she played her role but it was really funny to watch all of this knowing who she really is. That’s all. I really appreciate her passion and maybe shouldn’t have written this, but yeah, it happened.

volleykovic it’s strange

• I'm neither turk nor from Turkey. But I can say one thing that I'm from a country that has always had good relations with Turkey (and I myself have a very good relationship with Turkiye and with turks). If I become a mod, I can promise that I will treat everyone fairly, regardless of their race:)

Maybe better to make beno mod. Its enough to not being "euro" centric. We need more perspectives.

• I am okay with both beno and Olcay12 or anyone else that is interested in moderating.

The information about Olcay is interesting :cheesy::D I appreciate Volleykovic giving us inside about that, and I see how that could potentially cause alarming signals for people here, I don't know exactly what happened among Poles, but I see that there are some questions raised there.

Then again though, who knows where everyone is from here, for all I know all of you are faking where you are from, from a lot of users we can't tell either way. I think she is doing good as a community member and representing the Turkish community, whether she is Turkish or not. In this forum to me, she was.

serdar and crovolley would make an interesting duo as well. What could possibly go wrong right.

• making people mod because they are drom same country???

Well I propose myself to make this forum balanced :gone:

• Well I propose myself to make this forum balanced :gone:

And we all (but literally all of us) be unique to reject that option.

• You guys are funny, and in a month or two you will again talk how Mathias cannot do it alone and complain about staff. But now when is opportunity to give/choose him help, you are just trolling and throwing unrealistic names. :)

Why is my name unrealistic?🥺 I could be a great mod. I wouldn't even ban you!

• You guys are funny, and in a month or two you will again talk how Mathias cannot do it alone and complain about staff. But now when is opportunity to give/choose him help, you are just trolling and throwing unrealistic names. :)

you can be mod

• I hope someone will be able to help Mathias and once again a big thanks to him for keeping this forum live.

When it comes to the issue with racism, problem is, besides a few very obvious attempts, the comments are not directly racist and therefore difficult to act upon. On the other side, the main problem is provocations and a few users do this soooo well. For example, a user says "...and we have beaten Turkey so easily in this tournament, twice, in last 10 days" just to explain that his country will do great in another tournament. Problem is, why does he need to mention Turkey to prove his point? This is pure provocation.

Another example is a user who comes to the forum as soon as Turkey loses something and reports it like "finally the worst team lost and they never deserved it". Once again, these types of comments are not directly racist (although I believe these users are), but being extremely provocative. So I guess if we see such patterns in the future from the same user, maybe they should be temporarily banned.

I mean I don't need to bring up one of the Serbia, USA or Brazil and thrash them to prove my point that my country is the favorite of a tournament. Once can be a coincidence, but everyday is not.

With this, I hope these users stop using (or abusing) "Turkey" to prove their points, at least for a while. I am sure we will get a more peaceful forum.

• I hope someone will be able to help Mathias and once again a big thanks to him for keeping this forum live.

When it comes to the issue with racism, problem is, besides a few very obvious attempts, the comments are not directly racist and therefore difficult to act upon. On the other side, the main problem is provocations and a few users do this soooo well. For example, a user says "...and we have beaten Turkey so easily in this tournament, twice, in last 10 days" just to explain that his country will do great in another tournament. Problem is, why does he need to mention Turkey to prove his point? This is pure provocation.

With this you just proved that racism is just your imagination. You guys so often played that victim card that you started believing in it at the end.

Why mention Turkey? Well if i said we beat Albania 10 days ago, that wouldn't be good example that team is not that bad even without first team. How you dont get that simple comparisons in sport?

But even after that, i am sure you will not accept that all of that is just in your heads.