Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• I agree Cagla was the weakest link today, as she had numerous sets that made her wing spikers just unable to hit, she should also be accountable for Alesia’s “poor” performance today, as many of the sets to her were really bad.

But on the other hand, the lack of back up setter made Cagla’s life even harder. Both Cagla & the coach know if Nilay is on court, things will just be even worse... In the 2nd set, GS had so many good defense and had a few chances to counter attack, but even Cagla made three consecutive unhittable sets in a row, the coach didn’t dare to replace her with Nilay... Only in the 3rd set when GS was already 10 points behind, Nilay finally entered the court, and GS basically surrendered already. It reminds me of Cansu when she only had Puket as her back up.

I agree on that, we know GS is searching for a MB but its better if they transferred a setter. It will probably elevate team significantly. Cagla is like a lottery, at times she plays super and then she is like an amateur, especially at special moments and matches.

Nilay was the worst decision of GS this season. Coach should pay her salary himself for making such a terrible transfer. I am sure the U18 setter of GS would contribute a lot more if she was given a chance.

• I agree on that, we know GS is searching for a MB but its better if they transferred a setter. It will probably elevate team significantly. Cagla is like a lottery, at times she plays super and then she is like an amateur, especially at special moments and matches.

Nilay was the worst decision of GS this season. Coach should pay her salary himself for making such a terrible transfer. I am sure the U18 setter of GS would contribute a lot more if she was given a chance.

So I was in shock when I saw Nilay was wearing the captain jersey today (Pls correct me if I’m wrong) Just look at the last point she set to Kosheleva... I was really afraid that Kosheleva would get injured:wall:

Cagla isn’t a bad player to me, but she definitely needs time to get off from the court to cool her head down when things start to go wrong. Nilay clearly can’t help.

• So I was in shock when I saw Nilay was wearing the captain jersey today (Pls correct me if I’m wrong) Just look at the last point she set to Kosheleva... I was really afraid that Kosheleva would get injured:wall:

Cagla isn’t a bad player to me, but she definitely needs time to get off from the court to cool her head down when things start to go wrong. Nilay clearly can’t help.

I think it was just temporary for Nilay. Captains are Guldeniz and Gizem Karadayi as far as I know but Guldeniz is Covid+ and libero can't be official captain on court, so they probably picked the oldest local player but Nilay is just a mess, she should play in division 1 next year. Even Nursevil was a better option than her lol :S

• Egonu and Boskovic yes, the rest no. Rykhliuk IMO has been having high scores mainly because until Kosheleva's arrival she was by far the main attacker of the team, though I agree that overall she is playing a very good season. As for Vargas I don't agree at all, for me she is a slightly better version of Ebrar, sometimes spectacular but overall way too erratic and one-dimensional. For me Haak comes right behind Egonu and Boskovic.

If Haak was a player of Gs or Fb, she wouldn't have performed better than rhyliuk or vargas.In addition, Haak did not show much improvement in last 2 years.Also,she plays for the team that's great to play as a OPP, I don't think she's such a good player as she seems right now.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see how haak will play the qualifying matches .we will see if haak is enough to be vakıf's Opp within 3 months.

• Haak is ineffective in most of this year's critical matches.

I think Ebrar can be better than haak at the end of the season because while haak doesn't improve her skills Ebrar is getting better day by day.

Also,I hope ebrar will eliminate vakıf.Because while she had a very good summer, Guidetti didn't trust her and he took Haak on the team and he switched ebrar' position to OH.3 months later ,he again didn't trust her and he transfered hackley.I would love to see guidetti regret a lot.

I disagree with you on many points. I don’t think Haak is ineffective, she plays good most of the matches. In terms of important matches, she played pretty well most of the time. Against Eczacibasi, she started poorly and found her rhythm later and her performance was crucial. Today against Galatasaray, she looked pretty good to me. We also should consider the fact that Vakif had Covid cases and it is unfortunately normal to see fluctuation in performances of the players.

Regarding Guidetti’s Haak choice, I also did not understand why he wanted to transfer Haak when he already had Ebrar but Ebrar showed many times that she is not consistent and willing to work hard. She improved compared to her unrecognizable form at the beginning of the season but I still don’t see her playing and wining CL or WCCH. She is still slow and doesn’t seem to know what defence is. We just watch the matches but we don’t know what is going on in training. If Guidetti would think Ebrar would provide better then Haak, he would have used her instead of Haak just like he used Ebrar instead of Lonneke or Lonneke instead of Sheila. He doesn’t like to guarantee spots, there are many cases that you can check, he wants his players to work harder and show what she can do and Ebrar couldn’t do it.

Also, I believe if Ebrar wanted to work hard and improve, she would have gone to Italy.

• Agree, sometimes i have the feeling that fans from Turkey is too critical of foreign players, while when it comes to domestic players, this attitude is protective, supportive and sometimes too subjective, i mean nothing strange in that, more or less everyone will be the same when it comes to their favourites, but also give space to those foreigners to play, for sure sometimes they will have ups and downs, they are not machines, and without them this league would never be as strong as it is.

I think you guys base this entirely on a few members being critical of foreigners just on the forum.

In fact I wish y'all could read the chats in Mislitv bcs the foreigners don't get even close to the amount of harassment the locals get :gone:

Even with the managements this is true, Ebrar contributed a lot last few years for Vakif it's just true but she was backup continuously, Hande had to wait years until she got taken seriously and she literally beat her teammates teams but only in NT season :gone: There is so much examples of this.

Overall I think the Turkish league, with it being so competitive is definitely a critical place but I don't see this specific argument as being true, whatsoever.

Overall in Turkey, Haak is pretty much loved and praised a lot. Sometimes her OOS fails can get her critique but I doubt its too much critique, she gets paid one of the most of all players as well lets remember.

• With all of this said, I think Haak is a great player + investment for VB btw. I also can't think of anyone better than her after Paola and Tijana. Ofc that's my opinion.

• I think you guys base this entirely on a few members being critical of foreigners just on the forum.

In fact I wish y'all could read the chats in Mislitv bcs the foreigners don't get even close to the amount of harassment the locals get :gone:

TBH, i never read comments on mass forums, youtube, ....., plus i don't understand turkish (i believe most of them are in turkish), so yes, as far as i am concerned, my comment and opinion is mostly based on the comments here, and bearing in mind that I consider the majority here to be reasonable, and rather volleyball-savvy, I see a sense for comment, while in those other places I have absolutely no desire to comment.

• Vakıf cannot win against imoco if haak continues to play as she has played so far.Opps of the teams that are Vakıfbank's rivals have perform better than haak this season.

Volleyball is a team sport, so just because Haak is not as good as Egonu, this doesn't mean Vakifbank won't be able to beat Conegliano this season. I think both teams have great chemistry and very solid players, and I would dare to say that in some positions Vakif even has better ones. For example, I prefer Gabi-Bartsch over Hill-Adams-Sylla.

• I feel like Haak has always been given a lot of unnecessary criticism on here. When she was signed we had people saying how she's not shown enough to play for Vakif and there was more outrage when there were rumours around her having a super expensive contract. Then we had people saying it was unfair to Ebrar for Guidetti to use Haak and someone even suggested she disrespected the club by not having her first name on her shirt!

As I said before, there's no point comparing her to Boskovic and Egonu but no OPP in the world is on their level, we know that. Sure, she's not always brilliant but one thing I like about Haak is that even when she does have bad spells in matches (e.g. the first 2 sets against Eczacibasi or the 2nd set today) she is able to overcome this and start to play at her true level. Hopefully as she gains experience these dips in form will become less common (it's important to remember she's still only 21) but for the moment she's at least one of the best OPPs in the world, maybe even 3rd best IMO.

• I don't know if you guys watched the same match, but I remember Haak hitting ball out against almost no-blocks, that's how she attacked more or less all day, against no blocks and she attacked with 44%. We are talking of a player earning 1 million euros annually, so I assume disappointment comes from there.

However I acknowledge that Haak is still a young, promising player and has room to improve (she confirmed that in a recent interview herself, saying she is learning to attack OOS balls).

Comparing Haak to Ebrar is unfair. This is basically the first season Ebrar is playing opposite properly at this level, while Haak had 1 year in French league, 2 years in Italian league and this is her 2nd year as opposite in Vakifbank. We are comparing a player with 4 years of experience to a player with none. Ebrar can have issues such as when there is a long break, she doesnt take good care of herself, but as you see, once she gets in form, she is a very promising player. Recently the only bad match she played was against GS.

Btw as far as I know, Ebrar refused to go to Novara because she did not want to play as OH, that's why she picked THY where she was promised to play as opposite. Good choice, Turkey needs her and I hope they will make sure she takes good care of herself, no matter how long the break is.

• Ebrar as OH in Novara, I don't think so :what:

Novara wanted her as OPP. Lavarini came in Novara from Busto with Herbots and C.Bosetti already signed 2years contract. They needed OPP, Smarzek came in last chance, She was ready to signed with Minas.

Ebrar signed with Novara would be such a great move. Working with such a great coach, great team and playing very high level in Seria A and CL. To bad :/.

• I don't like the idea of ebrar in Italy or In Novara

She's so immature and incosistent ( not that smarzek isn't) but they need someone better not the same

And she don't receive

• Actually Haak made most of her errors in her normal sets, not in OOS balls today. Vakifbank has a strong club tradition, playing average or below until january. Last year Haak was way worse than this and then she stepped up so fast, she was unstoppable before the season got cancelled. I think she will be much better in the latter part of the season. This season she attacked better than Boskovic against Eczacibasi, better than Vargas against Fenerbahce and better than Rykhliuk against Galatasaray. She was there when it mattered the most. As you can see Boskovic -the best opposite of the league by far- can attack worse than her weaker opponent, so Haak sometimes can play less good as well.

• I disagree with the criticisms towards Haak. Not being as good as Egonu and Boskoviç doesn't mean being a bad Opp. She is the closest Opp to the level of these two Opp right now. Considering that she is even younger than these two, she can catch-up with them in 1-2 years. She has been improving from last season (way better than the times she played in Italy) She makes mistakes sometimes at crucial moments but it is not as bad as how much some people exaggerate here. She is definitely the best young Opp Vakıfbank could've signed and she is showing that it was a good deal so far.

Comparison to Ebrar doesn't make any sense. She is extremely inconsistent and erratic. Indeed Guidetti would love to rely on a local player so that he can keep Maja/Rasiç for season long as starters or play with Gabi&Bartch but he doesn't see Ebrar as an Opp that can bring medals to Vakıfbank, and I agree with that. She is a good prospect but her game doesn't have the maturity and consistency that a top club requires. There are only a few players who are capable of this at such a young age anyways so it doesn't mean she is not a good player.I think everyone agrees on that Ebrar is very talented but she is not there yet with the other elite Opps.

• I for one have thought that Haak has been the 4th best player in the world for a year or so now, but with considerable (and despite what sedar said, probably unbridgeable) distance between the Big 3 and her. Even so, it didn't sit right with me when I heard rumours that she was paid 3 million for 3 years. There's no way she deserved that type of contract in 2019. Maybe that contract is attracting more criticism and higher expectations than would otherwise be the case?

In any case, more than 100 comments for a couple of matches, you love to see it!:drink:

• I want annie drews to play in europe next season. I want to see how she perform with European's opposite. I know she already played before in italy/turkey but she improved alot past years.

I think she is fit with a team like novara/conegliano and even vakifbank if they want to let go haak 😜

• I want annie drews to play in europe next season. I want to see how she perform with European's opposite. I know she already played before in italy/turkey but she improved alot past years.

I think she is fit with a team like novara/conegliano and even vakifbank if they want to let go haak 😜

I don't remember where I saw it but im pretty sure that Drews (or someone else) had said she didn't enjoy playing in Italy and wouldn't go back (similar to Plummer)

I'd love to see her back in Turkey. The Bey trio of Drews, Hunter, and Lee :heart:

• Matthias, she played a good match, but it's true she missed many crucial balls, expecially in the end of the sets. OOS she's useless as well.

I didnt watch the game today. But i have been seen this from Haak.