CEV Champions League 2021

• How the hell did Tijana manage to end up the best scorer after not playing for a month, recovering from an illness and having played first 2 sets like THAT?!:white::obey:

You know, as much as it is a testimony to her greatness (that in the most adverse circumstances imaginable, she can find a way to deliver it) it is also an indictment on her team and that team's management. Not in the sense that others discussed here ("forcing" her to play etc.), but how the hell they managed to fuck up that hard with all their money that they can't construct a team which can beat a German team with only a fraction of their budget which didn't even play that well without her.

• I would dismiss all insinuations, Stysiak is just a super friendly person + she played with Busa in Chemik.

Yes, Busa is her BFF from Chemik. Magda said multiple times they were really close and she learned serbian language thanks to Bianka.

• Ecza is unstable. If they want to go further to semis, the supporting cast of Tica must play well.

JT must bring her reception to at least a decent level.

Hande cannot show up like she did last night. She doesn't need to score a lot but her reception and floor defense needs to be present.

Elif is inconsistent. Mirkovic is good but not yet for this team that has high ambition, they should've gotten a more experienced setter.

I'm good with the outputs of the middles .

• You are right but they weren’t this bad before covid and without covid break, they would have increased their performance just before this tournament. We all know how Boskovic is and it was sad to see her playing in that shape yesterday. I thought they shouldn’t force her but everyone in the team had covid and everyone is in bad condition. I hope they will manage to win today and tomorrow against Russian teams even in 5 sets. Second tournament will be crucial for them if they want to go further.

I don’t want to criticize teams after covid break but generally speaking, Eczacibasi is really bad at preparing sub players for matches. Melis Durul, regardless of yesterday’s performance, cannot make any difference whenever she comes in the game in Eczacibasi. She was OK when she was playing for Vakifbank. Gozde Yilmaz who was really bad in Eczacibasi is doing OKish job in Vakifbank. Fatma is also doing bad in Eczacibasi whenever she comes in.

• Btw, for those of you who was wondering what Wolosz said about Maja's best setter award and whether it was a real statement:

https://worldofvolley.com/Late…he-worst-in-her-team.html

"In my opinion, she was the worst player on her team,” said Wolosz."

She was awful on this statement.

• It's true that she didn't deserve it, and it's true that those who determine individual awards, in an effort to fulfil quotas (ie. give a certain team at least one player in the Dream Team) often pick the wrong player, but the fact that Joana said this openly is undeniable proof of sour grapes and jealousy.:P

• We all know how Boskovic is and it was sad to see her playing in that shape yesterday. I thought they shouldn’t force her but everyone in the team had covid and everyone is in bad condition.

I think some people do not see this fact and exaggerate a little in criticism.

As you all have seen, even Boskovic, one of the best players in the world, is performing one of the worst performances of her career after coronavirus.Eczacıbaşı had coronavirus as whole team, not only boskovic. We should be a little more fair in criticism.

• Not only that but I think I read that basically the entire starting six had covid. That’s very hard to overcome. It wasn’t just two or 3 players on the team NINE players and ALL staff had covid. Meaning even for the players who were negative, there was probably no one to coach them for two weeks.

I don’t think ECZ would be this bad if they didn’t just go through this virus. But we will see. I think it’s more important that they regain shape.

• Also any links for the Pool D play?

• Better match, without so many messy moments.

• Pool D

Dinamo MOSCOW vs Stuttgart

I only watched some parts of the game, but Goncharova looked invisible