2021 Women Volleyball Nations League

• This video isn't any better. Disgusting behavior from Serbia, even worse considering their actions after 2018 WCH.

Jun-01-2021-10-01-02.gif

This behavior it's disgusting, especially after the event involving Serbia some years ago, the girl didn't learn anything with that? I hope for a punishment (that will not come?).

• While I can't imagine any reason why someone would make that gesture in the middle of a game and in this day & age unknowingly...

What I took away from this is that the Thai team and Pleumjit are such sweet people. Not only readily accepting her apology, but even going to the extent of posting it on their IG publicly so that people will stop the witchhunt and hate.
    I never like the idea of cancelling people so that's great (though... a certain extent of backlash is to be expected after doing such a rude gesture, or she'd never realize it)

I wanted a sweet ending but... 🙃

Turns out Pleumjit & the Thai team had no idea what it was about (in an IG comment on her post), and she was asked by the Serbian Libero to record a video for her sake?!

N'aw man.... now that's just taking advantage of people's kindness...

I doubt FIVB will fine her (though they should like other bigger leagues), and she should release an apology on her own timeline instead of reposting Pleumjit's post for her own sake.

I still won't kick up a fuss about it - asians being asians (an attitude i much prefer), and waste my time&energy on giving her attention.

But to be taken advantaged of is a different thing 🙃🙃🙃

• Who's the commentator of the match of China vs Canada?

Clayton Lucas

• I can't blame the Dutch team for their performance, because look at the experience and quality on the other side of the court:lol: Although, they MUST reduce their unforced errors! That will make things much easier for them overall...

• IMO today it was the best USA we've seen in the VNL so far and it's not like the rival was bad because The Netherlands are one of the best teams this year. I don't understand why Hancock is considered worse than Poulter and Carlini. She did great today and added 5 points herself.

• IMO today it was the best USA we've seen in the VNL so far and it's not like the rival was bad because The Netherlands are one of the best teams this year. I don't understand why Hancock is considered worse than Poulter and Carlini. She did great today and added 5 points herself.

Hancock also had USA's three best passers on the floor :lol::lol:

The only area where Hancock separates herself from the other two is her serve and that's not enough to justify her position.

• Karch letting Hancock do jump serves. 8|

• Serbian libero about the racist incident in the match vs Thailand

FIVB should *at least* give out a statement against this and that it is unacceptable. The regret comes always after and obviously she "didn't mean to disrespect anyone" but that's the excuse we forever get after the incident. With Thailand accepting excuses or not: Time for FIVB to make a serious statement against this

Edit: read caption by clicking the post

• When Italy gets a good look at the ball for a swing I think "Oh no, they are probably going to score". When Japan gets a good look for a swing I think "Come on, I hope you can score".

I'm uncomfortable with these feelings

• Hancock also had USA's three best passers on the floor :lol::lol:

The only area where Hancock separates herself from the other two is her serve and that's not enough to justify her position.

she plays fast, has good connection with the middles, can attack, has the best serve in the world, what else do you need? It's not like she does everything besides good setting because her sets are really good too. Maybe Poulter's game may look better sometimes but I really don't think Carlini is that better of a player than Hancock.

• she plays fast, has good connection with the middles, can attack, has the best serve in the world, what else do you need? It's not like she does everything besides good setting because her sets are really good too. Maybe Poulter's game may look better sometimes but I really don't think Carlini is that better of a player than Hancock.

her sets are slower than both Poulter and Carlinis. Really? She didn’t show any connection with the middles today and struggled with it at Novara. Carlini and Poulter are both better blockers and defenders. Both are clear of Hancock. I don’t see it. She’s steady but she’s not flashy (as Poulter) or consistent or a leader (as Carlini)