2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• De Gennaro again showed her class. She was on fire like almost in every single match. Literally She didn’t have single bad match.

Egonu monster as always.

Pietrini proving that She is one of the best OH right now…

• De Gennaro again showed her class. She was on fire like almost in every single match. Literally She didn’t have single bad match.

Egonu monster as always.

where was this energy when JWO did the same thing?

or is she still some random player in Germany?

sips-tea-stephen-a-smith.gif

• Don't think Ebrar as OH will work, otherwise why do they make her run all the way to position 2 in that rotation? Both Ilkin and Hande are originally opposites and can hit from zone 2.

I just read this but I remember Ettore Guidetti commenting on an italian vb group talking about this specific rotation and he said that it's more about blocking position rather than attacking. He also talked specifically about Ebrar and said something along the lines of running that much was giving her a better "explosive" (not really sure how to word it in english lol) approach to the attack. Not saying this is the absolute truth but I thought it might be a nice insight from a professional

Egonu monster as always.

huh? De Gennaros setting was awful today

• I just read this but I remember Ettore Guidetti commenting on an italian vb group talking about this specific rotation and he said that it's more about blocking position rather than attacking. He also talked specifically about Ebrar and said something along the lines of running that much was giving her a better "explosive" (not really sure how to word it in english lol) approach to the attack. Not saying this is the absolute truth but I thought it might be a nice insight from a professional

It is an interesting aspect. I guess they evaluate a lot of aspects of volleyball but since primary purpose during that run is to receive and attack, I guess that allows: OH to receive in zone 4 and attack from there which makes life easier for them and opposite to attack from their usual spot.

There are other reasons why Ebrar can't be an OH, for example her being slow (some call lazy too). If she receives a ball and falls to the ground which will happen half of the match, she won't be able to attack anyway. The only positive side is, having her in zone 4, Vargas in zone 2, and a middle like Zehra will make a great wall in the net. But other than that, I can't imagine Ebrar receiving+attacking a whole match, seeing how she falls to the ground right now as opposite.

• It is an interesting aspect. I guess they evaluate a lot of aspects of volleyball but since primary purpose during that run is to receive and attack, I guess that allows: OH to receive in zone 4 and attack from there which makes life easier for them and opposite to attack from their usual spot.

There are other reasons why Ebrar can't be an OH, for example her being slow (some call lazy too). If she receives a ball and falls to the ground which will happen half of the match, she won't be able to attack anyway. The only positive side is, having her in zone 4, Vargas in zone 2, and a middle like Zehra will make a great wall in the net. But other than that, I can't imagine Ebrar receiving+attacking a whole match, seeing how she falls to the ground right now as opposite.

Yeah the comment was more about the position of attack rather than Ebrar playing as a full time OH. The only thing I could see maybe working is having an hybrid reception with both Ebrar and Vargas on court and one of them acting as recieving opposite for some rotation and alternatively getting subbed in the back row (and eventually also a sub for the MB and the libero going on court for either of them) but that kind of rotation feels a bit too cervellotic if you have at least one decent OH option. Or they could play as Serbia did with Mihajlovic but I don't know if there's anyone able to cover that much court on the current turkish roster

• that guy's mission is to praise italian players full-force as a croatian man. such a shame

oof. I’m an American who’s obsessed with Serbia and their players so I cant judge

• I'm really sorry, please forgive me :saint:

Officially you are forbidden to make predictions from now on!🤣

• Italy today is playing all these finals:

Finali Italia volley

Domenica 17 Luglio

Diretta rai play,sky e nov

Ore 17,30

Italia-Brasile (finale vnl)

Diretta canale youtube cev

Ore 16,30

Italia-Francia (under 18 maschile)

Ore 20

Italia-Serbia (under 21 femminile)

Italia-Francia (under 22 maschile)

:super::super::super::obey::obey::obey::drink::drink::drink::dance4::dance4::dance4:

• Not jinxing anyone but I'm rooting for Italy to win, it was a good showing yesterday

Of course, Brazil is pretty strong too so most probably we'll see at least a 4-set match

• only 3 players from brazil have a lot of experience,the rest this is their 1 tournament as starters and first final they play with nt

Let's see if this doesn't affect them

• italy is on another level than turkey. It makes sense that they won but i don't accept the way of turkey plays and giovanni talks to the media.

If gui were the coach of italy, he would never ever accept pietrini back to team after EC 2019 drama and italy wouldn't win EC'21.

If gui were the coach of brazil, he would never ever play bergmann as starter when she makes it clear that she will back to college during wch.

With the unlimited budget of vakifbank, he makes perfect things but when he doesn't have access to what he wants, he is really bad at creating something from scratch.

The only point of vnl for Turkey should have been adopting derya as starter. He didn't even try. Saliha/meliha/ilkin/tugba can play in system but they won't push turkey one level up. It's clear but gui doesn't care. Of course he knows it as well.

• I apologize from all the spectators for such a lame match. Well done Italy! It was a well deserved match and they looked like a machine having no troubles, except a few receiving problems.

On Turkish side, that's why you needed Naz in the NT. Cansu plays like an MVP but in crucial matches, her choices are really questionable and today was one of them. She simply should set to middles + Ebrar in such matches until the team is leading and then start using 4s.

We missed the calmness Naz brings at such critical matches. Cansu was freaking out

I disagree, Gui showed that he can do great things with limited players in both German and Dutch NTs (no offense but individually those players were not great at that time but Gui helped them improved and get the best results possible. Moreover I don't agree with you on Derya, he already gave him a few chances but Derya proves that she is a lost case, even at Mediterranean games, she was bad. She is definitely not the solution to our outside problem. To me biggest problem of Gui is his spite with players like Neriman, Gizem Örge etc.

• Tugba, Meliha is injured and she is our best defensive option. Of course he won't use her. He does the same thing each important match ngl I'm tired of it. In OGs he forced Seyma and then never even called her back...

You were the one complaining about Şeyma most and claimed that she shouldn't be in NT anymore. Now you complain that Gui didn't call her again?🤦🤣