Italian Women's NT 2023

• "Millitary accademy Bonitta"- Karpol could have done something like this in the 1980s in USSR or early 1990s in Russia. In Italy such working methods will never be accepted, especially in the age of the Internet etc. You need someone calm but at the same time with authority: I believe that Barbolini and Velasco have these qualities. Barbolini was able to shout at Pietrini during an Italian league match when he felt it was the right thing to do. Ze Roberto could also make Jaqueline cry sometimes during one of the breaks during the match and no one considered him a tyrannical despot.

• So who would you suggest to replace the coach? Mazzanti certainly had a successful in first period of work with the national team: 2017-2019 + the turn of 2021/2022 with victories Euro and VNL. Then something went wrong. An intelligent and wise coach would resign after the 2022 World Cup. Personally, I`m optimistic, because after the chaos with Bonitta, Barbolini took over the team in such a great way from 2007 that these were the best years in the history of the Italian women's NT. I hope it will be the same now. Btw., 15 years ago Italian volleyball players were also difficult and it was difficult to lead them.

Here is an interesting article regarding the possible arrival of Velasco: https://www.oasport.it/2023/09…re-litalia-dalle-macerie/

Shoichi Yanagimoto.

• "Millitary accademy Bonitta"- Karpol could have done something like this in the 1980s in USSR or early 1990s in Russia. In Italy such working methods will never be accepted, especially in the age of the Internet etc. You need someone calm but at the same time with authority: I believe that Barbolini and Velasco have these qualities. Barbolini was able to shout at Pietrini during an Italian league match when he felt it was the right thing to do. Ze Roberto could also make Jaqueline cry sometimes during one of the breaks during the match and no one considered him a tyrannical despot.

is Pietrini a bit of a diva? the way her coach talke about her (when they announced her transfer to Russia) seem to imply that she is.

• Thaisa, Walewska, Fabiana

What are you talking about Fabiana is not in NT, walewska is not alive anymore. The discussion was about current active middles in top national teams

• Polish website siatka.org is quoting La Gazzetta dello Sport that Velasco may become new coach, however I don't treat it as a reliable source :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• However, with Velasco's arrival in the national team, another great winner will emerge from this situation...

Strengthened by the three-year contract he signed with Velasco, it is certain that Giuseppe Pirola, owner of Busto Arsizio, will collect a substantial severance pay from FIPAV: I don't know how he does it, but no matter how many misfortunes he's been through, he always seems to land on his feet....

To be honest I hope this can be the opportunity to get rid of that idiotic dual job rule.

• I advise you to watch Cuba or China in OG2004/2008. Cuban serves and spikes were dominant at the time, while with China you can barely see where the ball is going as everything was happening so fast.

that quick back short set to Liu Yanan from Kun Feng is probably the fastest combination I´ve seen in women´s volleyball.

• Even if there continues to be no official announcement (we will have to wait at least until the end of the men's Olympic qualifying tournament), the president of FIPAV fires Mazzanti live on SkySport ...

“We must admit that this year has been quite disappointing – begins Manfredi – now we have to find a way to get everything back on track as soon as possible.”

“Velasco is only one of the 5-6 hypotheses we are examining. Unfortunately it was impossible to change immediately after the European Championship, even if we wanted to, because there wasn't the necessary time, as we would only be back on the field after 4 days."

With the change of direction, even numerous of the players absent during the works could regain their space within the blue squad (Egonu, De Gennaro and Bosetti above all).

“This will only be up to the new coach to decide – concludes the President -. What matters most is that the girls regain their shape as soon as possible, recovering from past problems. It will be important to have a championship with a little more serenity."

Even who the other names are besides Velasco is not known: on some Italian sites, the names Bernardinho, Bernardi, Gaspari and Bonitta are mentioned...

• Bonitta? Is this some joke? Can you give a source?

• I think Santarelli should become head coach.
    I repeat De Gennaro do you homework !

• Thank you Mazzanti. :flower:

Whoever knows a little bit of the s*it inside this team is by your side. You might not be the best coach out there, but you did something more valuable as an educator. Arrogance and bad attitude won once more, but you won for me. Some of these girls are so lost that even the 2006 "military accademy Bonitta" won't be any help for this team.

Time to move the dust under the carpet.

While I don't think he's necessarily a bad coach and can do a good job with some young teams in a chill enviroment, his work at the helm of the NT was simply terrible. Poor selector, poor comunicator and worst of all he let FIPAV made him their puppet. I have some serious doubts about his abilities as an educator too, because some choices were just nonsense and I took Linda Nwakalor as an example.

That's why it's very hard for me to feel sympathy for him: he's the other side of the coin. He wasn't forced to continue after the first signs of the precariousness of the situation in late 2019. He chose his fate when FIPAV confirmed his mandate and now they're f***ing him and using him as the scapegoat, with no surprise of anyone.

• The pettiest thing Turkish trolls did recently 😂 it went from 5% to 65% after people shared it via Turkish volleyball Twitter accounts 🤣