2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• I agree. Overall I think the new world ranking system is a good idea, but IMO single results have too much impact. One surprising result can screw up the whole thing, just look at how close 9th-12th rank are and those are going to be the ranks that will fight for the last spots in OG. DOM's wins agains China and Serbia gave them a major boost, which in some way is fair, but imagine those are going to be the points that will get them the OG tickets. Are two tie-break wins against higher-ranked teams in VNL enough reason to make the Olympics even though overall they didn't qualify for the finals? I don't think so...

part of that is tricky because of VNLs uneven schedule. Like DOM didn’t get to play two of the bottom teams in Croatia or Thailand… instead they got all of the top 8 besides USA.. meanwhile the only top 8 team to not play Croatia was Poland. And they all played Thailand.

So it’s kinda give and take… I don’t know the “perfect” solution (other than I think the VNL field should be reduced and a full round Robin implemented)

• part of that is tricky because of VNLs uneven schedule. Like DOM didn’t get to play two of the bottom teams in Croatia or Thailand… instead they got all of the top 8 besides USA.. meanwhile the only top 8 team to not play Croatia was Poland. And they all played Thailand.

So it’s kinda give and take… I don’t know the “perfect” solution (other than I think the VNL field should be reduced and a full round Robin implemented)

All hail the Round Robin :!:

• The marketing of the VNL is at odds with the playing of it

• Each team play 12 matches in the preliminary round. A full round Robin would require 15 for each team. I don't think the players want that....

(reduced field) 😉

I don’t need teams like Croatia, Bulgaria, Korea there…

Bring back the second tier of Grand Prix. Send them to a bigger challenger cup tournament. Idk lol

• Well you enjoy a few last wins you can have against turkey, Turkey is up and coming for medals in a few years with Santarelli at the lead. Good luck with Guidetti ruining the team 🥰

well I’d hope so…: if you can’t win anything with the player you bought or the coach you stole or all the money you spend getting to host finals (just to lose them anyway) then we are all in trouble because the next step is throwing money at FIVB to get more naturalized players to buy a new starting line up lol

• I agree. Overall I think the new world ranking system is a good idea, but IMO single results have too much impact. One surprising result can screw up the whole thing, just look at how close 9th-12th rank are and those are going to be the ranks that will fight for the last spots in OG. DOM's wins agains China and Serbia gave them a major boost, which in some way is fair, but imagine those are going to be the points that will get them the OG tickets. Are two tie-break wins against higher-ranked teams in VNL enough reason to make the Olympics even though overall they didn't qualify for the finals? I don't think so

The FIVB ranking for OG qualification will include only the preliminary phase of the VNL

• sure they get the opportunity to get more… but if we’re being honest, most of the time the lower seed is going to lose points.

Canada benefits from not making the finals because they’re not gonna lose 6-10 points in the first round. Same with the Dutch… sure they could gain some../ but they’d probably lose them again in the semifinals/bronze match.

Maybe it’s just a difference of philosophy/or whatever. That’s how I see it

That is why when they say now you are on the big league. You not just get an opportunity to get more points, but you also develop more experience, more sense of accomplishment. Yea I agree we certainly have a different philosophy or whatever.

• Danielle Cuttino

:rolll::dance6::dance6::dance6::rolll:

• Well you enjoy a few last wins you can have against turkey, Turkey is up and coming for medals in a few years with Santarelli at the lead. Good luck with Guidetti ruining the team 🥰

I’ve been hearing this for 4 years now lol :lol: still didnt happen.. but its good you still have hopes

• you see, it's a big difference.

one of them is ours, the other one is yours.

• part of that is tricky because of VNLs uneven schedule. Like DOM didn’t get to play two of the bottom teams in Croatia or Thailand… instead they got all of the top 8 besides USA.. meanwhile the only top 8 team to not play Croatia was Poland. And they all played Thailand.

VNL can be reduced to 12 teams, and follow a world-cup like schedule. federations can pay more for a 5 round leg or pay less for a 3 round leg.

• Who's got a bigger dick stuff is buzzkill

• If this current world ranking would count for Paris OG qualification, Germany is out, because France and best African team would be preferred and eleventh place of Germany would be one too bad to qualify - never they wlll get one of the first two places in OG qualifying tournament, or am I wrong?