2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Li is really that girl! Zhu must be proud!

• I think Haak mentioned that she has Swedish ancestors living in Minnesota for over 150 years. We can only be hopeful. It seems natural that she would be a great American....

In fact, Haak's father Robert Mouminoux was a French citizen while her mother is Swedish. I say was since he died from cancer when Isabelle was only like nine years old or so. I think it was stomach cancer but do not really remember properly. Isabelle thus has a double citizenship.

Anyway, before Isabelle became a superstar she was an up and coming player in the French League for Beziers back in 2016/2017, and back then the French National Team tried to recruit Haak (as she already had played for Swedish NT). This venture didnt end well, but they were really negotiating for some time and seriously offered Isabelle to play for France. I am quite convinced four things worked against them: 1) France isnt a contender at elite level and doesn't play in Nations League and didnt play in at the highest level of World Grand Prix (Group 1) back then or in OG, WCH etc. Hence the upgrade from Sweden wouldnt be substantial. 2) She wanted to play together with her sister Anna Haak 3) She is born in Sweden, has grown up in the country and her other main relatives (such as her mother) nowadays are Swedish, not French. 4) The financial compensation for doing so was presumably fairly poor (if not non-existent) and not in line with what oil-rich countries such as Azerbaijan provided Rahimova and Mammadova.

• In fact, Haak's father was a French citizen while her mother is Swedish. I say was since he died from cancer when Isabelle was only like nine years old or so. I think it was a brain tumor but do not really remember properly.

Anyway, before Isabelle became a superstar she was an up and coming player in the French League for Beziers back in 2016/2017, and back then the French National Team tried to nationalize Haak. This venture didnt end well, but they were really negotiating for some time and seriously offered Isabelle to play for France. I am quite convinced four things worked against them: 1) France isnt a contender at elite level and doesn't play in Nations League and didnt play in World Grand Prix back then or in OG, WCH etc. Hence the upgrade from Sweden wouldnt be substantial. 2) She wanted to play together with her sister Anna Haak 3) She is born in Sweden, has grown up in the country and her other main relatives (such as her mother) nowadays are Swedish, not French. 4) The financial compensation for doing so was presumably fairly poor and not in line with what oil-rich countries such as Azerbaijan provided Rahimova and Mammadova.

France was playing grand prix at the time

• I remember something about Ana Cristina being naturalized by France, they offered her an apartment in Paris or sth :lol::lol: or this was just a rumour

• . So many Hungarian names such as Attila. Do you know from where this name comes? From the Khan of Hunic empire who invaded half of Europe. So should we consider these people as Turks? What about the discrimination of the Turks/Moslem population in 1980's Bulgaria? Names forcefully changed and do you you know the story of Naim Suleymanoğlu? War between China and Hunic (very old Turkish Empire from the 2nd Century) lasted decades and even China wall built against Hunic Emperor Mete (Oğuz) which was not enough to stop the attacks of Hunic Empire and invaded some parts of Chine and kept going on decades back and forth. So now shall we open another discussion that there might be some Turkish player in China Roster and/or the vise versa?

dude I am a Turkish citizen with Uyghur origins 😂

• I remember something about Ana Cristina being naturalized by France, they offered her an apartment in Paris or sth :lol::lol: or this was just a rumour

It is true...

The Qatar Investment Authority, the Qatari sovereign wealth fund that owns Paris Saint Germain F.C., wanted to make a sports club, in the Real Madrid style, with top teams in every discipline and in every gender...

But the project never took off...

• Actually She is Bosnian like Boskovic and Mihajlovic :drink:

i understand this is probably a joke but Boskovic literally isn’t Bosnian and people really believe that she is lol

• Yea, let's make smth like "Internatinal quarrels" or "in your face" :roll:

Great idea. Admin please take this suggestion seriously and kick the ass of those into that one, whoever wants to continue that kind of idiotic discussions especially the ones who thinks about themselves intelligent and well educated. So that they can continue their intellectual discussions there (apart from volleyball)

• China-Poland is basically sold out for tomorrow.

Turkey-USA has a few seats left. I dont know if its (close to) a sell out because I dont know if they opened up the tickets in one of the upper level sections (its showing for the first match)

• China-Poland is basically sold out for tomorrow.

Turkey-USA has a few seats left. I dont know if its (close to) a sell out because I dont know if they opened up the tickets in one of the upper level sections (its showing for the first match)

The crowd for the Brazil-China match surprised me, it seemed quite lively even though it was not fully sold out.

I'm actually really looking forward to some stress-free game watching tomorrow, I was NOT having a good time with the Brazil matches lol. I think my pick is going to be China now (sorry avid), they won me over. And LYY deserves the MVP.

• I think MVP should be chosen from among the semi finals players. There are times the MVP the real deserving player is from the losing team. The statistics from all the matches should be taken into account not just the last game and from the champion team. The London Olympics KYK was the MVP even though Korea was not the Olympic champion.