2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Yes this is correct

That can't be correct. You saying the "C" is pronunced like "Dj"? Get out!

• Hande Baladeen or Hande Baladin as in "tin" can, and where is the emphasis? on "Bal" or "Din"? I want to get this one right because ... ya know :rose:

• sloth kindly request a Serbia vs Turkey thread so we don't have to see the same boring arguments from the same few people who end up hijacking every single popular thread

Genuine request, please

there’s no need. There’s no competition there lol.

• sloth kindly request a Serbia vs Turkey thread so we don't have to see the same boring arguments from the same few people who end up hijacking every single popular thread

Genuine request, please

sloth has sadly left the building :(

• I'm just curious how people are pronouncing Eczacibasi (non Turk's obviously), it seems to me like interesting and hard issue, LoL.

• no C is like J in Jasmine or Jack

So Jansu? She needs to change that immediately

• I'm just curious how people are pronouncing Eczacibasi (non Turk's obviously), it seems to me like interesting and hard issue, LoL.

Ex-ass-i-bassi

I’m pretty sure I pronounce it slightly different every time lmao

• Cansu is like Jansu in English indeed.

Ch sound is Ç.

Sh sound is Ş.

ğ softly elongates the vowel preceding it, silent on its own.

The ı in Hande Baladın is pronounced not as ee or i, it's like the Korean ㅡ (eu) for example or like the English vowel sound in "The".

Eczacıbaşı pronounced like (E-zaa-jeu-basheu) or sometimes İ heard Edge-zaa-jeu-basheu)

• Ex-ass-i-bassi

I pronounce it as Ekshacheebashee. 😆

Jansu? I've always thought it was "Chansu." Turkish names and words are particularly hard to pronounce especially those with special characters. I read Zehra as "Zera." 🥴