Nation League Man 2023

• Apparently 5 out of 6 matches that have the most number of audience are all played here in the Philippines. And that with triple increase in ticket prices. We are the clout for real. Imagine if the ticket prices were lower or the same price as last year, I bet we could fill the whole arena.

Anyway according to the fans, Canada was the most approachable team and their fan service was the best out of all 8 teams. Too bad I couldn't experience that bc CAN didn't play when I watched on Friday.

• Apparently 5 out of 6 matches that have the most number of audience are all played here in the Philippines. And that with triple increase in ticket prices. We are the clout for real. Imagine if the ticket prices were lower or the same price as last year, I bet we could fill the whole arena.

Anyway according to the fans, Canada was the most approachable team and their fan service was the best out of all 8 teams. Too bad I couldn't experience that bc CAN didn't play when I watched on Friday.

I watched on Friday too! Tried getting a pic but there's way too many people and I don't want to subject myself to the pushing and shoving just to get one. Lol.

• Poland demolished Japan in straight sets with those tough serves and strong blocking. :super:

I was there to watch this match! Poland block was fantastic and Leon so dominant Japan was outclassed in all elements

• I was there to watch this match! Poland block was fantastic and Leon so dominant Japan was outclassed in all elements

I kinda expected a close fight between these two teams. I thought Japan was a little unmotivated to win this one because win or lose, they're still no. 1 at the standings.

• I kinda expected a close fight between these two teams. I thought Japan was a little unmotivated to win this one because win or lose, they're still no. 1 at the standings.

If USA will win with Bulgaria they won’t be no. 1 anymore.

Also Blain knew what will happen when Sekita will have to face Leon on the block.

• I kinda expected a close fight between these two teams. I thought Japan was a little unmotivated to win this one because win or lose, they're still no. 1 at the standings.

I think Japan doesn’t want the no.1 spot at all. If Japan lose this game, they will be no.2 (coz there’s no way USA will lose to Bulgaria, even if USA sends a C team they will still win) then Japan will have a much easier opponent Slovenia than being no1 to face France.

• Cuba should have secured their spot in VNL next year by winning a set in their last match. China will have to play in the Challenger Cup (Congrats Turkey for having a much easier opponent than Cuba lol)

I was hoping we wouldn't get Cuba again lol.

Let's hope we won't fail to get the VNL ticket this time.

• I was hoping we wouldn't get Cuba again lol.

Let's hope we won't fail to get the VNL ticket this time.

Let's not Jynx it but we have a very good shot. My only concern is Adis's recent bad shape. If he plays like his true self, we can win challenger cup:box:

• Feel sorry for China, I guess they didn't deserve to finish last.

Iran played 5 tie breaks in this VNL and lost them all . :aww: none of them were really close. which is interesting because Iran used to win close matches and had a good record in tie-breaks. but you can see the losing mentality in this team. I wasn't expecting this team with this weak roster to take 2 sets from Argentina and Cuba, they did that but then collapsed completely in the 5th set. Iran is a core team in VNL but probably not for long after this year's performance. (and I hope no core team exists anymore, that's unfair for the rest)

not much time left till the Asian Championship (at home) and the Olympic qualifiers. but I seriously think we are in a dead-end with this guy and need to replace the coach. this team is getting used to losing and that's dangerous.

• Chinese fans are afraid that Chinese men's NT might give up Challenger Cup...

Do you believe it? At least I don't believe.

the date:

Challenger Cup: July 27-30

Chengdu Universiade: July 29 - August 7

Of course, in theory, China will choose Team B (Li Lei, Wen Zi-hua and so on) to participate in Universiade.

However, "二队" (Team B) is just written in women's NT and not in men's NT.

I'm afriad of it.

the official source: http://www.volleychina.org/202…doc-imyzamri0912007.shtml

("国家男排", "国家女排二队", "大学生")

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• well, I think turkey men's team will take the challenger cup. It might be logical for China to try to win universiad. Even their QF match up against Ukraine in challenger cup would be a 3-0 lose.

In fact, China is hardly to win Universiade. In the warm-ups on the recent days, Italy B won almost all the matches.

Last year, Croatia men's NT won Italy B.

In Serbia, before 2022 AVC Cup, China played against Croatia by three matches. China won twice. Croatia won once.

However, China is not the same power as last year. At least, I think it is weaker.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan