2018 / 2019 Transfer News

• volleyball.it just announced that Wilma Salas signed with Cuneo where she'll replace Selime Ilyasoglu whose contract was dissolved due to medical problems.

So what's the truth? Both Voleybolplus and Voleybolunsesi confirmed Salas renewed contract in Ankara? Maybe she is loaned to Cuneo? Or decided to break her contract suddenly?

Either way Wilma is a great player, lucky team whoever has her in the end :) Selime out for Wilma is like the best deal ever lol

Update: I checked her Instagram and she was indeed in Ankara 2 weeks ago when they announced she renewed so I'm more confused now.

• Wilma Salas confirmed in Cuneo!

She said after 3 years in Turkey she was also open to try a new chapter and Halkbank didn't officiallize her contract yet. So she signed when Cuneo offered a nice contract.

Very good move by Cuneo! Salas is a offensive force, but they will need good defensive players along her and good MBs.

• Wilma Salas confirmed in Cuneo!

She said after 3 years in Turkey she was also open to try a new chapter and Halkbank didn't officiallize her contract yet. So she signed when Cuneo offered a nice contract.

Very good move by Cuneo! Salas is a offensive force, but they will need good defensive players along her and good MBs.

I don't know what Halkbank is trying to do. They can't reach the playoffs with only a bunch of local youngsters :white:

• ALISHANOVA Shafagat, AGHAKISHIYEVA Viktoriia,ALIYEVA Bayaz, AZIMOVA Yana, BAIDIUK Anastasiia, KARIMOVA Iuliia, KIRYLIUK Maryia, LYOVKINA Leysan, PARSHKOVA Leyla, SALBISHVILI Nelli will be in the squad of Azerrail Baku according to cev.lu

• Anastasiia Baidiuk was registered as player of WTS Włocławek last week :D

• Oliveira Suelle (BRA/OH) to Victorina Himeji (JPN/A2) :white:

I'm surprised she chose such a weak team.

• Have we ever seen the team play? I thought they were a brand new team. Coached by Takeshita, managed by Manabe. They’ve also picked up a couple other decent players. Kanasugi for one

• Speaking of Milenković, she had her surgery done a few days ago in Rome and will be doing her rehab in Italy. She says everyone in Scandicci is treating her amazingly well. :)

That's very nice to hear since so many players get dropped like hot potatoes by their clubs once they get injured.

• Scandicci signed Regan Hood to replace injured Milenkovic

I don't get it, why ? Even with Milenkovic they had 5 OHs...

• I don't get it, why ? Even with Milenkovic they had 5 OHs...

I don't get Regan Hood and her random carreer choices, last season she played in a bad 2nd league Turkish club. Malesevic and Bayramova were underperforming in Seramiksan so they called her and she was on the bench a few times but never played, lol they let a young mediocre Opp play as OH but not Regan. She never played for them and had no team anymore, then finished season again with a 2nd division bad club lol and now she's signed to replace Milenkovic in a good Italian team like Scandicci? I'm sure she again will not play at all.

Anyone knows what's up with her lol?

• I don't get Regan Hood and her random carreer choices, last season she played in a bad 2nd league Turkish club. Malesevic and Bayramova were underperforming in Seramiksan so they called her and she was on the bench a few times but never played, lol they let a young mediocre Opp play as OH but not Regan. She never played for them and had no team anymore, then finished season again with a 2nd division bad club lol and now she's signed to replace Milenkovic in a good Italian team like Scandicci? I'm sure she again will not play at all.

Anyone knows what's up with her lol?

I feel as if some americans, apart from Regan also the likes of Liz McMahon, Karsta Lowe, Merete Lutz, Alix Klineman, Alisha Glass, Kim Glass and Hayley Spelman to name a few, seems, or seemed in some cases, to pursue their volleyball path more as a part of a lifestyle than vice verse, i.e the pursuit functions rather as a mean to achive an end rather than being an end in itself. For example Liz McMahon described her main ambition in life last year "all I want is just to be as cool as I can". This relaxed and "cool" posture hardly isnt an unusual american attitude but on contrary seems pretty ingrained in their culture as such. I guess travling and earn a salary means more than having a successful international career.

• I don’t think it’s a cultural thing but more of a young woman freshly out of college, knows she won’t make a NT and just wants to play, travel and enjoy life. No stressors, no bills. Do this for a couple of years and then go find work.

• Alexandra Crncevic (SRB,OH) joins Tianjin Bohai Bank.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan