Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• IMO Ognjenovic is the best setter now in the world. But in İtaly that name is Wolosz for sure.

I don't agree De Kruijf is good blocker. But she is great at slide attacks. Danesi improved a lot. And she is the best MB in Conegliano.

Is there any international tournemant that Folie showed great performance? I remembered she is good but not better than this Danesi.

• Good to see that novara use all four outside hitters and they do not become weaker. I also think that Carlini is playing a good match!

• Bergamo started the first set of the season so well, everything went to plan and they had 24-22 in the 1.set against Busto. However, they failed to capitalize on that advantage and after losing four points in a row, the set was suddenly lost in a real meltdown. For the ones who watched it, it was obvious their game just become paralyzed at that moment, their players suddenly emerged as mental midgets, entirely off the boil. After that vanished set and with the momentum gone, Bergamo has yet to find itself back on the same great level they upheld for 95% of the 1.set there. The next five sets against Busto and Pomi was just a bleak shadow in comparision. Kind of bizarre one lost set perhaps could head what direction their entire season might take in the end.

• Malwina Smarzek was acctually the best scorer of the entire NL with 361 points, light years above everybody else. Her point average was bizarrely high, 24 pts/game, which probably (not sure) toppled even the likes of Egonu and Boskovic through those numbers. Her performance now is as conflating to me as the brazilian Ronaldo´s during WCH 1998.

Today against Novara, Smarzek killed 2/20 balls for an effectivity of 10% ratio of attempts/points in attack. In sum during the start of the season, she has killed 10/58 balls (in three matches) for an effectivity of 17%. This is, I dare to say, the worst start EVER of any OPP in the italian league I have ever seen in the initial three rounds of play, regardless of team quality.

• IMO Ognjenovic is the best setter now in the world. But in İtaly that name is Wolosz for sure.

I don't agree De Kruijf is good blocker. But she is great at slide attacks. Danesi improved a lot. And she is the best MB in Conegliano.

Is there any international tournemant that Folie showed great performance? I remembered she is good but not better than this Danesi.

I don't agree with literally anything.

Saying that Danesi is the best MB in Conegliano next to Robin and Folie, for me is just no :gone:. You can say that only if you didn't watch Folie play. Before injury Folie was one of top scorers in Conegliano. Both Robin and Folie were one the top scorers in Conegliano. They never played in the same time because both got injury last season.

Glass-Wolosz> Maja. My personal opinion, I like much more fast sets.

• I wonder what's the deal with Smarzek indeed. Any info about health problems? Or maybe simply homesickness?

Well, given the fact even other players, such as Courtney, underperforms heavily as well, I dont think we could write off the possibility of some real collective crackdown which shaped their mentality in the wrong fashion, i.e some appalling tension within the team.

• In case of Megan Courtney; her bad performance is probably due to the injury-break she had of a whole season from volleyball... At least that's what I thought, but we cant be sure of course. Im not ruling out team drama either Hakin, they're truly underperfoming...

• I wonder what's the deal with Smarzek indeed. Any info about health problems? Or maybe simply homesickness?

I don't know what is going on with Malwina. It is not homesickness for sure. She is in Italy with her boyfriend. Overall Bergamo is undeperforming heavily. I can see that the chemistry between Malwina and Cambi is still not there. The same is valid for the other players so today they started with Carraro however it didn't help either. My thoughts are that Smarzek wants to much to score and live up to the expectations and now when she can't kill the ball she is overthinking and play it safely.

• 3rd Round

NOVARA - BERGAMO 3-0

Egonu 16, Plak 14 (63%), Veljkovic 10, Piccinini 8 (53%) / Mingardi 9, Acosta 5, Smarzek 3

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720822

MONZA - CONEGLIANO 0-3

Ortolani 14, Adams 13, Orthmann 6 / De Kruijf 12, Fabris 12, Hill 10, Danesi 9 (88%)

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720823

FIRENZE - CASALMAGGIORE 1-3

Lippmann 20 (53%), Santana 10, Sorokaite 10 / Rahimova 25, Carcaces 16 (58%), Kakolewska 12

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720824

CHIERI - SCANDICCI 0-3

Silva 11, Barysevich 7, Perinelli 4 / Haak 17 (54%), Mitchem 10, L.Bosetti 8 (50%), Stevanovic 8

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720825

CUNEO - BUSTO ARSIZIO 0-3

Van Hecke 9, Zambelli 9, Markovic 8 / Grobelna 20 (66%), Herbots 12, Gennari 9 (56%)

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720826

CLUB ITALIA - BRESCIA 1-3

Nwakalor 19 (55%), Lubian 9, Fahr 8 / Nicoletti 20, Rivero 16 (57%), Villani 13

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720827

Rest: FILOTTRANO

Standings

NOVARA 9

BUSTO 9

CONEGLIANO 6

SCANDICCI 6

CASALMAGGIORE 6

BRESCIA 6

FILOTTRANO 3

CUNEO 3

FIRENZE 3

MONZA 3

CLUB ITALIA 0

CHIERI 0

BERGAMO 0

• I don't agree with literally anything.

Saying that Danesi is the best MB in Conegliano next to Robin and Folie, for me is just no :gone:. You can say that only if you didn't watch Folie play. Before injury Folie was one of top scorers in Conegliano. Both Robin and Folie were one the top scorers in Conegliano. They never played in the same time because both got injury last season.

Glass-Wolosz> Maja. My personal opinion, I like much more fast sets.

It's hard to say who the best MB is in Conegliano. Danesi's performance at the WCH was brilliant, a higher level than she has ever shown before and if she can keep that up then maybe she is the best, but it's too early to know if she can keep up that level. That said, de Kruijf and Folie are better attackers right now and that suits Conegliano's style more. I'm sure all 3 of them will get their chances this season and the ones in the best form will play the most important matches near the end of the season.

As for Wolosz, it is a fair opinion to think she's the best. But your comparison is kind of unfair, Ognjenovic can play fast as she did in Piacenza but obviously it would be silly to play with that style for Serbia or Eczacibasi or now for Dinamo.

I wasn't able to watch any of the matches today but nice that Scandicci got an easy win even if it was against one of the weakest teams, hopefully this'll help get their season under way. I get that sometimes it can be difficult coming to a new team but Smarzek performances so far are a joke. We know that the Polish league isn't what it used to be, but her performances in the VNL were brilliant and made me think she was really a world class player so this is a really shocking start. I hope she can figure it out soon.

• Not on an equal base, Conegliano has one match less currently...

• Wolosz is playing amazing in Conegliano, there is no doubt. But you cannot call her best yet, she needs to prove herself in other systems and other teams. There are other players achieved lots of things in different teams so no, she is not the best.

• But Robin and Folie are great blockers not only good attackers. Their is no so much MB who are both good in attack and blocking... So i don't agree with that who will take care of block-defence.

Don't get me wrong, Danesi s great but as I said for Easy. Even though She had great performance Hill started over her...

Come on, Robin is not a good blocker at all! She is a great scoring option but her blocking skills are big reliability, I think that was the main reason Guidetti didn't want to keep her in Vakıfbank

• Danesi is fantastic for her age. Compare with Robin de Krujiff who at the age of 22 still was still left in the german Bundesliga, representing Dresdner. Neither Thaisa nor Akinradewo or Adams had emerged as the superstars they are regarded as now at the age of 22 years either. And Chirichella wasnt the same player two years ago as she is now for example. Surely she has all the chances to become something extraordinary in the future.

Actually Akinradewo was the Gran Prix best blocker and MVP and the age of 23, so yes she was that good.

• Actually Akinradewo was the Gran Prix best blocker and MVP and the age of 23, so yes she was that good.

But I talked about the age of 22 though, not 23.

Regardless, its only a trivial detail and nothing important at all, has very limited to do about the point I wanted to make.