Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Novara looked to be in deep trouble there for a moment, but they managed to weather the storm and I guess they'll easily win the 3rd match now. The stats make it seem like a decent team effort too, instead of all Egonu all the time.

Monza vs Busto was really entertaining, although a bit too messy at times with LOTS of (service) errors. Meijners was unstoppable in the first two sets, she was playing like in her glory days, probably better than Sloetjes is doing nowadays, but then she faded away. Herbots stepped up instead, but it wasn't enough. Orro made quite a lot of questionable choices. On the other side, Orthmann had a really good performance and Buijs brought in some much needed firepower, but her reception was awful and almost buried her team. The third match should be exiciting as well. It really can go either way.

Scandicci vs Pomi was a rather unpredictable blowout. It looks like Scandicci's form is rising and I'm really looking forward to their matches against Novara in the semis.

Cuttino is only 22? :what: She looks older than Skorupa.

• I'm surprised by Sorokaite and Cuttino once again. Indre has been leading her team in every match while Cuttino has showed better performances than Rahimova to me, she really has to be called for Usa NT :teach:

Cuttino has a huge potential, but she still needs to improve her technical skills. I am a fan of her positive attitude, energy and facial expression.

I feel like she's not aware of her abilities, after a successful attack she seems to be surprised like she does not believe that she actually did it :lol:

I'm really curious, if she stays in Casalmaggiore. :/

• After many years, Perugia will join Serie A1 next season. Maybe most of you guys missed that club

Yes! Fofão...Walewska...Gioli...Francia...Aguero... I miss this amazing team!

• I'm surprised by Sorokaite and Cuttino once again. Indre has been leading her team in every match while Cuttino has showed better performances than Rahimova to me, she really has to be called for Usa NT :teach:

Indre proved me wrong again 😂

Cuttino played great in her last match. Considering that this is her first time to play opposite because in college she played middle for 2 years and non-receiving OH for another 2 and didn’t play backrow defense at all! Add to the fact that she stepped up when Rahimova left. This is a remarkable development for her. Karch should at least invite her to the pool.

• I'm wondering how Gioli is playing in A2 this season. Also Aguero and Francia are still playing in B1 if I remember correctly. I'm glad they still have fun playing :heart:

Gioli is playing MB in Ravenna. They managed to qualify for the promotion pool on the last day of regular season, but they were far behind the other teams and they didn't make it for the play offs for A1. In her team there is also Lucia Bacchi.

Aguero is playing in Montorio, near Modena and they are currently second, going to the play offs for ptromotion in A2.

Francia is playing for a lower ranked B1 team in Perugia. They are safe :win:

And it's news of today that she has been called by Kiraly to USA Nt. :thumbup:

It's not official yet, but a local tv program very close to Pomí Casalmaggiore wrote it today on their facebook page.

• Wow, brava Orthmann !! She made huge impact with her amazing jump serve !

• Firenze with to many unforced errors in block and defence! I don't like Parrocchiale, she is just not good enough in every aspect of the game. Novara leads with 1-0.

• Novara playing like a team and doing a good job so far. Probably even Egonu got tired after 130 swings in 2 games last week so they are trying not to overuse her.

• I have never seen so much jump servers in women’s volleyball as in Busto - Monza match. :white:

• With Folie back in NT, I can already see Chirichella benched by Mazzanti.

Danesi is the best Italian all-around MB still for me. But indeed Chirichella needs to be replaced by someone that can be more impactful. For now I'd say something like Danesi-Folie(-Bonifacio-Chirichella)

First 2 as starters and than they can fight it out through NT season who gets to keep it. There is also players like Lubian improving.

• Danesi is the best Italian all-around MB still for me. But indeed Chirichella needs to be replaced by someone that can be more impactful. For now I'd say something like Danesi-Folie(-Bonifacio-Chirichella)

First 2 as starters and than they can fight it out through NT season who gets to keep it. There is also players like Lubian improving.

They need a slider though

• Orthmann is playing so good.

She just need to keep this level in 80% of the match And She will become beast in near future.