Italian Women's NT 2023

• Looking at other sports Italy has outstanding coaches, whether in teams or in individual sports, for example Sandro Campagna in men's water polo or Carlo Silippo in women's. You can see how Silippo stands behind the girls, how he trusts them and that they will follow him anywhere. In women's football, on the other hand, it was probably similar to Mazzanti's: bad atmosphere, kicking out the team leaders before the World Cup itself and finally a flop at the tournament itself.

• Oh dear, it must be difficult for a lot of girls to play volleyball in such a toxic environment. I feel sad mostly for Paola.

Will be interesting if Mazzanti gets fired. Who will they go for? Lavarini or Santarelli seem like the best options but not sure if they would leave before olympics. If Giovanni fails with Serbia in ECH and starts complaining about OHs, then we might know what is about to come. Though I think having a coach like Guidetti can make things only worse since he did exactly what Mazzanti is doing with Italy in Turkey.

• For now, there is someone from Italy vel Barbolini. After 2024, I would like someone outside of Italy. A change would be useful, especially since most of the other top teams are train by Italians - such a toxic environment is created that everyone knows each other, trained his wife / girlfriend / lover, etc. Only it would have to be someone from the top class.

• I think that a team can have as many naturalized player as the federation wish. The player must to have a ban of 4 years after federation change.

I think everybody who continues to mention this topic should be banned for 4 years.

• I get the frustration of Italian users. After Guidetti ruined Turkish NT for many years by excluding Neriman, Kübra, Aslı and Gizem örge when they were at their top form, I was furious too.

Unless Netherlands play match of their life in semis, Italy will reach to final very very easily even if they play without Egonu. So getting a silver medal will save Mazzanti again. And in Olympic qualification tournament, Poland and USA could win against them but they will qualify thanks to their world ranking anyways

• I get the frustration of Italian users. After Guidetti ruined Turkish NT for many years by excluding Neriman, Kübra, Aslı and Gizem örge when they were at their top form, I was furious too.

Unless Netherlands play match of their life in semis, Italy will reach to final very very easily even if they play without Egonu. So getting a silver medal will save Mazzanti again. And in Olympic qualification tournament, Poland and USA could win against them but they will qualify thanks to their world ranking anyways

İtaly will probably play against Türkiye Serbia or Poland in the semi final. Netherlands is at the other side of the bracket.

• I also agree that I believe that the next target is Paola. When they take Antropova probably the idiot will cut Egonu too and this will be the oficial destruction of the most powerful Italian women volleyball generation .

Mazzanti will never cut her... It is quite improbable that he, along with Sylla and Danesi are planning such a thing...

Egonu is the true "deus ex machina" of this operation : she's in charge...

• does he say egonu will be backup and enter the game with Bosio as double sub???

https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…/10/i-chiarimenti-del-ct/

It is written that it seems that before the final 14 player list was released, Mazzanti communicated to the players about the choices taken. It seems that Nwakalor will be the starter, with Egonu ready for the double sub along Bosio, while Antropova will be the jolly.

Italian fans complaining below because they said Egonu hasnt played for weeks and she needs to get her rhythm back, hence Italy should take the advantage of facing less challenge teams in the first round. We know that Paola takes a little time to be back on track. Though, it seems Mazzanti wants to rewards the players who were all the summer training + playing

Mazzanti will never cut her... It is quite improbable that he, along with Sylla and Danesi are planning such a thing...

does he say egonu will be backup and enter the game with Bosio as double sub???

Quite impossible for Egonu to planning for herself to be a sub .... Things are clear now . Manzatti does not care for the ECH. He is not so stupid and he knows that he is not going to win with Nwakalor. He cares for the future so that means that Egonu is in dangerous....

• Mazzanti will never cut her... It is quite improbable that he, along with Sylla and Danesi are planning such a thing...

then why he does not mention about Egonu with Danesi-Sylla when he talks about the building the new team? he did it couple of times. He says Danesi-Sylla are the leader of this team, but not talk about Egonu much.

• Oh dear, it must be difficult for a lot of girls to play volleyball in such a toxic environment. I feel sad mostly for Paola.

Will be interesting if Mazzanti gets fired. Who will they go for? Lavarini or Santarelli seem like the best options but not sure if they would leave before olympics. If Giovanni fails with Serbia in ECH and starts complaining about OHs, then we might know what is about to come. Though I think having a coach like Guidetti can make things only worse since he did exactly what Mazzanti is doing with Italy in Turkey.

If we get to the semifinals, he'll be there until Paris. By the way, even in the case of a utter disaster I highly doubt he'll be fired.

does he say egonu will be backup and enter the game with Bosio as double sub???

Yes, it seems like Mazzanti believes that a player who has played until July is more prepared than the one who has played zero minutes from May on and in the last few weeks has done weights. The thing is if you need to get a player back on rhythm there's no better way to do it than let the player plays, especially a girl like Paola that needs a little bit more of time to adjust. Unfortunately I'm starting to believe that the ones talking about Mazzanti wanting to get rid of Egonu are right...

• I don’t understand why Mazzanti seems to be angry with players that skipped VNL, I think Italy did really good job on VNL by giving chance to Omoruyi, Bosio, Villani, Degradi, Fersino.. and the main squad rested. That was something I wanted to see for Serbia tbh, I wish we went with Uzelac, Tica, Kurtagic, Osmajic, Zelenovic, and our main players rested for ECH.

Italy did great job with younger unexperienced squad, I really don’t understand why he is upset and wants to take revenge on those who skipped 1 unimportant tournament to rest for ECH and OQT, it worked for us last year with Boskovic skipping VNL to come rested and dominate WCH

• Didn't Egonu show her frustration publically though about these names being cut

A few days ago Egonu "liked" Barcellini's post on instagram (her instagram profile is barcio86), where she basically accuses Mazzanti of having been disrespectful towards Moky De Gennaro. (also Lucia Bosetti and Alessia Gennari liked this post..).

This means the situation in Italy NT is quite dramatic now. The coach, after getting rid of several veterans, doesn't have the support of the Superstar of the team and probably for this reason he wants to bench her.

There are some unverified rumors saying that also Sarah Fahr got dismissed because she disagreed with Mazzanti's decisions.

• I don’t understand why Mazzanti seems to be angry with players that skipped VNL, I think Italy did really good job on VNL by giving chance to Omoruyi, Bosio, Villani, Degradi, Fersino.. and the main squad rested. That was something I wanted to see for Serbia tbh, I wish we went with Uzelac, Tica, Kurtagic, Osmajic, Zelenovic, and our main players rested for ECH.

Italy did great job with younger unexperienced squad, I really don’t understand why he is upset and wants to take revenge on those who skipped 1 unimportant tournament to rest for ECH and OQT, it worked for us last year with Boskovic skipping VNL to come rested and dominate WCH

I don't think VNL has something to do with the Great Purge, it's mostly about removing the remaining influence of the key players as well as other prominent elements he feels like rivals within the team.

• A few days ago Egonu "liked" Barcellini's post on instagram (her instagram profile is barcio86), where she basically accuses Mazzanti of having been disrespectful towards Moky De Gennaro. (also Lucia Bosetti and Alessia Gennari liked this post..).

This means the situation in Italy NT is quite dramatic now. The coach, after getting rid of several veterans, doesn't have the support of the Superstar of the team and probably for this reason he wants to bench her.

There are some unverified rumors saying that also Sarah Fahr got dismissed because she disagreed with Mazzanti's decisions.

All the cancelled players can soon start their own NT :white::aww: Would probably even have a better level than Mazzanti's :gone:

• A few days ago Egonu "liked" Barcellini's post on instagram (her instagram profile is barcio86), where she basically accuses Mazzanti of having been disrespectful towards Moky De Gennaro. (also Lucia Bosetti and Alessia Gennari liked this post..).

Wow, based on this information, in case its true, Mazzanti comes across as the worst kind of authoritarian personality, a dictator. Only people such as Erdogan, Xi Jinpeng and Putin etc would create an atmosphere like this where no dissent from the recognized party line or orthodoxy is regarded as accepted. Very scary.