CEV Champions League 2021

• They talked on TV about the vaccine coming to Italy in the next months. It is a sperimental one, they had not enough time to test it on the volunteers and according to many of those experts it could make more damages on people than the Covid itself... this is why the government didn't go with mandatory for everyone, but only few categories of people, because you have to take at your own risk.

In Italy athletes won't get the vaccine before months (it may even take a year, it depends on the number od doses coming), because as healthy 20-40 y.o. people, they'll be the last category to receive the call.

In Germany they say that the vaccines that will be admitted soon will be safe and the usual standards in the process will still be respected, but many people are sceptical as well. It will first be available for people in risk groups and people who work in medical jobs, the government thinks that maybe in summer it could be available for everyone who wants it, but it will take a long time until enough people will have received it to finish all restrictions.

• All in all, not only will vaccines not be available for any club competition for the remainder of the season (no matter how many positive thoughts people were to have in the meantime...), but unless Tokyo officials and IOC make some special arrangement, it won't be available in time for Olympic Games, most likely.

• In Germany they say that the vaccines that will be admitted soon will be safe and the usual standards in the process will still be respected, but many people are sceptical as well. It will first be available for people in risk groups and people who work in medical jobs, the government thinks that maybe in summer it could be available for everyone who wants it, but it will take a long time until enough people will have received it to finish all restrictions.

Yeah, it sounds like the same process we have in Italy. About the vaccine, many experts say the development was too fast and sperimental, which makes it dangerous. Who knows!

I get the vaccine each year, but I'm not so sure about the one for Covid. I guess they'll improve it till it reaches my - last in the line - category the next year.

• Stream between Conegliano and Fenerbahce is already up on YouTube.

• Our team of Stuttgart knows, that it has no chance especially against Eczacibasi in Istanbul, but will try to use it anyway :) . Anything but last place in this pool of death D with two Russian teams too would be a great success for them.

• Wait when did Joana say Maja did not deserve Best Setter? Lol the shade.

She didn't. If I remember correctly, someone wrote on twitter that Maja didn't deserve it and Wołosz should be named the best setter.

Joanna liked that tweet and some websites reported she said that.

• Our team of Stuttgart knows, that it has no chance especially against Eczacibasi in Istanbul, but will try to use it anyway :) . Anything but last place in this pool of death D with two Russian teams too would be a great success for them.

Who's the team doing in german league?

I remember that 1 year ago they almost eliminate imoco and won from them

i didn't watch any stuttgart game but lokomotiv can be beaten,the other idk,difficult

• She didn't. If I remember correctly, someone wrote on twitter that Maja didn't deserve it and Wołosz should be named the best setter.

Joanna liked that tweet and some websites reported she said that.

I remember her saying that in an interview after the matches, I was a bit surprised when I watched it that she was so open about it. But I might be making things up, memory alters :S

• Whoever said it, it was true. The whole Chemik team played badly in that F4 and they didn’t win a set. Not sure Wolosz deserved it either honestly, I seem to remember her being outplayed by Nilay in the final.

• While we are on that subject, has anyone ever refused an award on the grounds of them thinking they didn't deserve it?

• I think that last season corona virus was a big surprise, and was a good move to cancel the games.

This season, any person who doesnt feel ok in playing volleyball could have just not sign a contract with any team. Nobody expected the vaccine before 2021.

So its a big fuzz IMO to speak badly about CEV standing with champions league.

I think that they must to try to protect everyone with good measures, the virus is real and all peopple in the world knows this.

There are plenty of jobs who exposes even more workers to covid 19.

Just non sense IMO get critical about competitions going on.

I think that anybody were forced to sign a contract and i suppose that if a player doesnt want to play she could break her contract.

• So much has been said, and so much more to be said, the situation is too complex and new views, things for and against, are constantly appearing, it is very difficult for me personally to take a firm stand for or against. I would explain it as that i am maybe for competitions to take place, not because I want to watch new games, ......, for the simple reason that most are the only source of income and not everyone is paid as fabulously as those at the top, and that transition into another year of not playing could be disastrous for a large group,......Again on the other hand, I think and firmly stand that the organization needs to be much much better, stricter criteria that again lead to the fact that they may not be feasible, and raise again the question of whether the competition can take place at all. I will also cite the example of the Serbian handball player, one of the best in the world, who tore the Achilles tendon, in which the poor organization of the competition itself played a big role. This week, Tijana Boskovic will play 3 matches, day after day, against three strong teams and will probably be the main attacking option in all three, with a jump service, ......, a huge effort, and she returned to the team just a week ago , I just hope she did a good job during the isolation and that the muscle tone is where it needs to be to withstand that effort and not get hurt. Of course, the general condition of the player's body plays in all this (andrea has already injured the mentioned Achilles tendon), but every player has some weak points and insufficient training, poor fitness can easily lead to fatal injuries, which can disrupt his entire career and life.