2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• He/She is referring to the Turkish users on this forum, not the Turkish players playing on court.

And the rest users are wonderful, polite and gentle ? Maybe your previous writings could sound provocative to others too ? Have you ever thought about it? We all are not holy, not perfect. I'm new one here anyway and I don't want to be part of any fights. Let's move on..:) let's talk about positive things like we have an exciting final match this night.

• How about the bronze? Neither Poland nor USA come from a good performance, what are your opinions?

• And the rest users are wonderful, polite and gentle ? Maybe your previous writings could sound provocative to others too ? Have you ever thought about it? We all are not holy, not perfect. I'm new one here anyway and I don't want to be part of any fights. Let's move on..:) let's talk about positive things like we have an exciting final match this night.

of course we are angels. we're actually wondering how toxic people like those fans escaped hell. our angel guards probably couldn't keep up

• Watched it last night. Overall a very strong and partially intimidating performance by the Turkish team , I think.

When Vargas was outpowered in the fourth set and became pretty much useless (to be seen at times also at Fenerbahce) others, esspecially the middles stepped in and brought it over the line.

A few words on Karakurt - Imo not the Top Top player she herself and many fans might think.

When you see her making those idiotic martial gestures and afterwards getting instant karma not just via blocks and UEs but also by tripping like a grandma, clumsily sorting out her limbs on the ground you actually have to feel for her.

Regarding his gestures obviously not just for Santarelli but every other coach a very hard task.

• Congrats to Turkey! This is not new, Turkey has been playing finals, semifinals in recent years but never reached gold, so I hope finally they will break that threshold and get the gold, it will be a good award of many years of hard work.

I was very happy to see Poland in semi finals but didn’t want them to be in finals for that reason. It’s the first summer they made such a big jump after a long pause and I hope they will keep pushing in upcoming summers, finally reaching gold in 1-2 years.

For yesterdays game, you can’t thrash USA for losing to Turkey and saying they played terrible. Yes, first 2 sets were bad but then they showed what a deep bench they have and what they could do as a team. Frantic was unstoppable and Lanier looked silent but was efficient. Also love Wong Orantes, without her, Turkey could score much easier. Karch was a little too late to bench Drew’s but I think he did a good job trying Skinner, then Frantti; also replacing both MBs. I was surprised that we didn’t see Carlini at all, not with a double substitution.

On Turkey’s side, it was a bold move by Santarelli to have such a receiving line but I guess he just wanted to wait until USA could damage that line up, which didn’t happen until the end of 3/4th sets. I like what he did with Ayca. Worse were unfortunately setters from Turkey, especially Cansu looked very amateurish.

Tonight’s match against China will be though. I would prefer Poland which looked more fragile. When China holds their receiving, they play a very smooth game which is very difficult to stop. Not sure if Turkey can break their receiving line tonight and force them to play off system. On the other hand I think China is also good from the serve line, Derya-Ebrar line up won’t be able to hold long, and with off system play, China will build a wall. It might depend on how well Ilkin will hold the receiving when she comes in.

Anyway, I hope we will watch a good final and thanks to all teams, players and countries for good quality volleyball that entertained us for over a month.

• exactly the kind of response innocent posts got anywhere.. just horrible fans

I detest “average” Turkish and Brazilian anonymous accounts/trolls. At some point it becomes chicken and egg issue and we can’t follow who is right or what triggered whom

• USA was playing badly but that doesn’t take away the fact that Turkey played well. This Turkey team is a threat in any competition. Yes, most of the teams rotate their player so it is not really the best line up for them, but Turkey did the same thing. I think we should give credit where it is due.

• so turkey reached again a final

If they lose...they will repeat their best place until now

If they win....they will $how the other teams whats the way to win

• I can’t at Kiraly. He effed this up.

Kelsey should be gone. She’s not needed. If your good passing OH is not passing well it’s time to say goodbye.

Lanier is the future. She’s an all around OH despite being new she showed so much character. I’m predicting that she will dislodge Kelsey in Conegliano not Plummer.

Hancock should return to her jump serve to counter Turkey. Those floaters aren’t working. She’s not the best setter but she’s the best USA has right now.

I prefer Donna over Washington. She’s the 4th MB at best.

Drews can’t dig a single ball. I would’ve put JT even if she’s not hitting well at least she’s less inconsistent in attack compared to Drews.

Skinner will only get better now she’s playing in the big league.

Frantti should be a starter at all times. Vakif is lucky to have her. She will offset the less potent OPP this season.

Plummer should play as opp even if she’s playing OH in Italy. Kiraly should learn from Karakurt’s positioning adjustment.

Turkey just played lights out good. Those downplaying their game today by saying they won despite playing poorly are delusional fans.

• Any predictions for final? And dream team?

About result i really don't know, both teams showed shaky moments and briliant ones (obviously they are in the final so the second one was more in charge), but i would say 3-1 for Turkey.

Dream Team

S: Wenerska

Opp: Vargas

OH: Li, Aydin

MB: Yuan, Korneluk

L: Gizem/Wang (depends who win)

MVP : Li/Vargas (depends who win)