Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2024/2025)

• Did Conegliano find an ark?

Btw Zehra told that she wants to play abroad for a couple years. Becoming captain of Vakıfbank, that would make sense just after Olympics. But I strongly think that her agency is just trying the increase of her salary. Her agency has good relations with this shitty web site.

• Welcome to family Zehra :heart:

Fahr - Zehra MB duo is gone to rule for long time. :win:

• Zehra has reportedly agreed a 3-year contract with Imoco🥺🤔

I don’t think that’s reliable source at all, plus the only rumor out there is from voleybol magazin.. again, not very reliable.

Rumors about Gabi turned out to be true (probably) but this seems like far from done.

Zehra is local and very valuable for any turkish club and Vakif can offer more then Imoco can for foreign player.

Letting Gabi go for younger alternative doesn’t seem that crazy having in mind that Vakif did let go of some of it’s players who are near the end of their prime in favour of younger ones (Rasic for Ogbogu, Gizem for Ayca, Naz for Cansu etc).

Zehra is young, local and core of the team so Vakif will fight to keep her. The only way of letting her go is if they think they found someone who can perform on similar level for less money ( Deniz Uyanik is only one that comes to my mind but she is not on Zehra’s level yet)

I do believe in Imoco’s managment to always look for and attract best players, but Vakif’s managment and resources they have are unmatched.

As Rasic said in inteview few months ago “I wanted to stay in France for on more year but manager told me that Vakif calls only once and when they do you don’t say no”

• Letting Gabi go for younger alternative doesn’t seem that crazy having in mind that Vakif did let go of some of it’s players who are near the end of their prime in favour of younger ones (Rasic for Ogbogu, Gizem for Ayca, Naz for Cansu etc).

I get the gist of your message. But there is no younger alternative for Gabi, and also Gizem is still better than Ayca to this day, Naz is arguably as well. I don't recall shape of Rasic but obviously she got pregnant.

• Rumors are not facts so where does one even go to read "reliable" rumors when most of them are probably just leaked. There aren't that many volleyball publications that post placements until clubs officially announce it.

Also it's not like Volleyballworld's posts are 100% accurate so hating on a small website while everyone else goes to that same website is such a weird way since it will eventually be passed on

• I get the gist of your message. But there is no younger alternative for Gabi, and also Gizem is still better than Ayca to this day, Naz is arguably as well. I don't recall shape of Rasic but obviously she got pregnant.

Naz isn’t better obviously, as much as I don’t like Cansu, Rasic was at the end of her prime and wanted to finish her carrier early and while in top club, Gizem is the only excpetion but they made it work with Ayca.

Maybe not right now, but if they start investing in a player they will get someone to be core of the team for next 6-7 years.

Maybe they are thinking that Markova would turn out to be Zhu type of player, or to invest in Ilkin to be solid all around player for local league. Gio seems to like Uzelac as well and she is far from bad passer that can’t improve (she improved massively from one summer with Guidetti and now in Brazil as well).

My point is that there might be options to replace Gabi (who is at the end of her prime) with different type of OHs that would work together, but there is hardly option to replace Zehra for next season. Even if it’s true that Imoco wants Zehra, I don’t think Vakif is backing down so easy and that Imoco could reach agreement so easily in matter of weeks with her.

• Rumors are not facts so where does one even go to read "reliable" rumors when most of them are probably just leaked. There aren't that many volleyball publications that post placements until clubs officially announce it.

Also it's not like Volleyballworld's posts are 100% accurate so hating on a small website while everyone else goes to that same website is such a weird way since it will eventually be passed on

I mean, it’s not same when it’s some leaks that a team wants certain player and they are negotiating and when some media usually just makes up things to get clicks.

Voleybol Magazin was reporting Lazovic to Vakifbank in mid of last season as almost done deal. They are reprting that Eczacibasi is close to signing Santarelli for next season. It’s no hate, it’s just realistic doubt that some of this “news” are fake and click baits, especially those “done deals for X years”

• Your examples are all wrong. Rasic just wanted to get pregnant and retire from volleyball although Vakıfbank insisted to sign her another year. Gizem and Guidetti had a conflict that's why he didn't want her in the team. And Naz got a very good offer from Fenerbahçe at that time which Vakıfbank couldn't match. And Zehra is only 24 years old, probably not even at her prime, it is not like she is a 30+ player. Deniz Uyanık is only 2 years younger than Zehra anyways.

Vakıfbank has a great talent called Begüm kaçmaz from 2007 generation but she is not going to be a starter next year without any playing time this season.

Also what rasic s manager said is also not correct. Aylin Acar said she got offer from Guidetti many times and she refused it because she wanted to finish her school first and get some playing time.

It is already said that Vakıfbank wanted to renew Zehra but she didn't want to sign. Maybe she just want to experience playing abroad. As foreigner, a player could grow further

Ps: how could you think that Gabi is at the end of her prime while she just showed a monster performance a few days ago🤦

• Zehra has reportedly agreed a 3-year contract with Imoco🥺🤔

That seems so strange to me. I get that Santarelli is coaching Turkey and wouldn't mind add some of his NT players to Conegliano, but from what I know top-tier Turkish players tend to rarely play abroad, because of the combination of getting bigger contracts in homeland and staying close to their country.

• Don't forget it's the pre-olympic club season. The market will likely stay quiet till the end of the OGs, expecially for the players which are gonna be involved.

VakifBank losing a 24 yo local player sounds as delusional as it seems. I don't see Imoco giving up on their middles in order to make space for Zehra as starter. I don't see VakifBank losing the best local player of their roster like this (expecially when Fenerbahce is pretty much close to them, maybe even better in that sector lately).

I lost the count how many times Piccinini was announced as future player of Eczacibasi (with twice of the money she used to earn from Bergamo on the table, according to the rumors) and it never happened.

Classic manager game to get bigger offers IMHO.

• Cansu Ozbay signed 2years contract with Vakifbank

• As expected. It was just a manager game to make VakifBank put more money on the table. :wavy:

no, zehra signed before Voleybolmagazin's news, Voleybolmagazin is run by stupid people who make up news.