2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• I see that some members are making from Poland top team. I am from Poland and I really enjoying to see how my NT playing this VNL and I have big hope that they can win medal, no matter which color, BUT I don`t forget that after WCH it`s our first tournament, where we playing so well and question is: if it is shape and suprise for only that tournament or we really become in the nearest future top team. Time will show...

at this moment they are unpredictable how they behave in such a important moment, when they can win something big:teach:

The top team maybe not but among the Top 3 Euro teams yes.

• so much difference between Brazil and China and Turkiye and Brazil.

Like.. where and when did they start hating on each other? Were they egged on by fans?

Chinese girls are mostly are nice girls.Brasil girls are outgoing.They don't take impolite behavior as a personality. Also, although Brazil and China cannot be said to be good sisters, they respect each other. Both are Olympic champions, they have their own heritage and culture,

• Congrats to Turkey, very dominant performance

Same as Germany, Italy aimed for final 8 and they both achieved that. But the quarterfinal is too tough for Italy. This is the roster that has limited ceiling (hard to imagine any team with Nwakalor as starting opp would be top 4. I invite you to watch her games in Firenze ) Beside level or quality of playing, they need confidence and determination to play knockout match, especially against such strong opponent. I think deep down these players and coach know they have no chance of winning. Not to mention Italy is a team that don't have quality in fundamental aspects of the game, i.e. passing and unforced errors.

The silver lining of the cloud is that people are dissing Mazzanti after the match :lol::lol:

We will have two intensive and unpredictable semi finals:cheesy::cheesy: It happens often that the semi finals are more exciting than the final. Give us two tiebreak plz :box::box:

• Chill mate. The other Turkish users are joking it off and I advise you to do it for your own good. Your message contains more elements to be deleted by the modes with all the aggressiveness and f words. This is an international forum, not the best environment but still not the nationalist Turkish twittersphere to project anger.

• Degradi and Villani are not the same thing . Bosetti and Pietrini and specially Elena they will not add something special in the team . The difference between Pietrini Bosetti Sylla with the others is just that this trio is more expirieced in playing for the NT

I agree with you that Pietrini, Bosetti and Sylla, for different reasons, have had a bad season, but the difference between them and Villani and Degradi is not just a matter of experience.

There is a significant technical and physical gap between them and they are only comparable if you compare the worst versions of the first three with the best of the second two, otherwise there is no match.

IMHO it is clear that if Italy wants to continue being a top team, it cannot think of taking Villani and Degradi into consideration (who, moreover, are respectively 28 and 27 years old) but, in the short term, must recover physically and mentally Pietrini, Bosetti and Sylla and focus (even if the human material besides Omoriuyi and other two or three, is not of first order) on the young ...

Also about about the Chiricella and Moki...

On this I cannot disagree: you are absolutely right...

But here we enter the sphere of Mazzanti's vision of the national team: I am among those (and there are many of us, I would say the majority) who believe that after the World Cup 2018 got EVERYTHING wrong...

Let's see what happens, but this year, but to justify all the choices clearly against any logic he made he just has to win. If he doesn't win, he has to take his things and get out of the way. And if he doesn't do it voluntarily, there must be someone to accompany him to the exit ...

• This semis gonna give us a good opp battles

Olympic chinese champion gong vs pole bomber stysiak

Olympic champion jordan thompson vs cuban made talent melissa vargas

• The top team maybe not but among the Top 3 Euro teams yes.

I mean in WCH Poland was 3rd European team and only team which could beat Serbia and almost did it. Also they defeated 4th placed USA.

This year they won preliminary phase of VNL (so considering Italy used not their first team and Serbia lacked Tijana still they are 3rd). They also beat all European teams except for Netherlands.
    So I don’t really get why Poland is not 3rd best European team based on real data and scores?

• This semis gonna give us a good opp battles

Olympic chinese champion gong vs pole bomber stysiak

Olympic champion jordan thompson vs cuban made talent melissa vargas

I'm sorry but "Cuban made" I would have spared it...

It's a useless clarification...

The girl is Turkish, period...

I'm sure of your good intentions, but in this way we feed the idiots who want to continue to quibble about these things in an instrumental way...

• I mean in WCH Poland was 3rd European team and only team which could beat Serbia and almost did it. Also they defeated 4th placed USA.

This year they won preliminary phase of VNL (so considering Italy used not their first team and Serbia lacked Tijana still they are 3rd). They also beat all European teams except for Netherlands.
    So I don’t really get why Poland is not 3rd best European team based on real data and scores?

Yeah they are best 3rd at the moment

serbia and italy ahead of others and poland close

• If Turkey wins any medal it will be thanks to Vargas bcz before Vargas, Turkey was 100th in the rankings, in fact this is first time we competing in VNL. Also thanks to Bosnia for giving us Eda, Zehra, Aslı, İlkin Hande, Simge, Cansu, Derya, Ebrar, Elif, Ayça, Gizem and Saliha.

Edit: I did it first before any hater. Go find better arguments :heart:

• If Turkey wins any medal it will be thanks to Vargas bcz before Vargas, Turkey was 100th in the rankings, in fact this is first time we competing in VNL. Also thanks to Bosnia for giving us Eda, Zehra, Aslı, İlkin Hande, Simge, Cansu, Derya, Ebrar, Elif, Ayça, Gizem and Saliha.

Honestly denzz : the Turkish national team, has been among the best European teams for about twenty years, but has never won anything and, apart from 2 European silver medals (2003 and 2019, both events organized in Turkey), they have never even come close...

To say that this year, thanks to the arrival of Vargas in the squad, for the first time, it is among the favorites to win the final in all international competitions of the season, it's not nonsense, it's a fact...

Nonsense is to keep pointing out the fact that she is a naturalized athlete: I repeat, VARGAS IS TURKEY and Turkey has operated correctly according to all the national, international and sporting laws...

I desagree with you but ok the foroumm would be boring if all belived the same things. In my opinion I beleieve that you are making a mistake , specially for Pietrini and Sylla who have never performed at a high level with consistency and stability but only sporadically or in short periods. Also about Bosetti she seems that she has lost her power in the attack and her athletisism in jumping so I do not know if she will come back from what I saw from her the 2020 2021 season.

I see what you are trying, but Vargas impact cannot be understated.

Germany and Netherlands are playing without OPP. If they had Vargas they would ascend to final 4 team also.

• Honestly denzz : the Turkish national team, has been among the best European teams for about twenty years, but has never won anything and, apart from 2 European silver medals (2003 and 2019, both events organized in Turkey), they have never even come close...

To say that this year, thanks to the arrival of Vargas in the squad, for the first time, it is among the favorites to win the final in all international competitions of the season, it's not nonsense, it's a fact...

Nonsense is to keep pointing out the fact that she is a naturalized athlete: I repeat, VARGAS IS TURKEY and Turkey has operated correctly according to all the national, international and sporting laws...

No, no, some users here acting like Turkey came out of nowhere after arrival of Vargas. That's bulshit.

As you said we might not won gold medals but we always been around.

• I see what you are trying, but Vargas impact cannot be understated.

Germany and Netherlands are playing without OPP. If they had Vargas they would ascend to final 4 team also.

That wasn't my point. Not underestimating Vargas. Vargas is a great addition. Super happy she is representing Turkey. She is one of the top 4 OPP currently. But let's not discredit other players while praising Vargas.

• Guys, I know this is a reaction on some dumb trolling, but give it a break, it's a great week for volleyball after all.

Vargas is a huge reinforcement for Turkey NT.

Probably majority of top European NTs in either/both male/female teams had strong naturalized players in the past/currently (Russia, Italy, France, Germany, Poland, Serbia for sure).

Turkey has had strong NT already without Vargas.

The rules were changed, so if someone doesn't like such process - in a decade from now there won't be any naturalized players whatsoever.

Anything stretching what was mentioned above is counterfactual/weak provo. :hit:

Maybe I'm over-optimistic - I don't know - but match-up wise I like our chances against China, we're one of the few NTs that actually can compete with China in terms of size/technique combination. So it will be very much dependent on Stysiak vs Li performances in my eyes.

• Turkey has been in the conversation as a good team for a while, but have they been below USA, China, Brazil, Serbia teams, and the answer is yes. Changing coaches may help push them higher right now. I still feel that even though the domestic league is #1 or #2 in the world, the league is more dependent on international stars. Kind of like the premier league in soccer (football) is considered the best the league but the English team never makes the finals. Turkey for me is like that.

USA-Turkey should be a good battle on Saturday

• Nationality cannot be bought in the market as if it was an apple or a tomato.

Leon at least was married with a Polish woman..same as Tay Agüero who had an Italian husband and an Italian child ... but Vargas' connection with Turkey is only money. Her naturalization is something unacceptable.